There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Marcell Dareus arrest for felony possession of a controlled substance

• sfout
  • Veteran
Via PFT

Just over a week after the Buffalo Bills elected to pick up his fifth-year option for 2015, defensive tackle Marcell Dareus has run into legal problems.

According to Travis Leder of WVUA-TV in Tuscaloosa, Ala., Dareus was arrested last night in Cleburne County for being in possession of synthetic marijuana.

Dareus was reportedly arrested by a state patrol officer and released within an hour of his arrest.

Dareus made the Pro Bowl for the first time last season for Buffalo. However, he was also benched by the Bills for the first half of their game against the New England Patriots in December for a violation of team rules.

Dareus recorded 71 tackles and 7.5 sacks for Buffalo last season.

UPDATE 10:40 p.m. ET: Per Leder, Alabama State Troopers say Dareus was arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance and felony possession of drug paraphernalia. He was initially pulled over on Interstate 20 (the freeway connecting Birmingham, Ala. and Atlanta) for speeding.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/report-marcell-dareus-arrested-in-alabama-for-synthetic-marijuana-possession/

So it is official all three of the wanna-be super-friends are bad decision makers. We all know of Aldon's insanity, Von Miller's exploits are known, and now Dareus is booked for synthetic pot lol.

Going to be interesting to see the NFL dole out the punishment for Aldon and Dareus. This also once again points to how blatantly terrible the NFL's drug testing is, a player obviously knows when to expect testing and when they can get away with it, it is just a matter of luck and stupidity on both the NFL and the player that they get caught.
[ Edited by sfout on May 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM ]
Bad deal for him. Why would you be speeding if you have something illegal on you? I just don't understand it?
Originally posted by tohara3:
Bad deal for him. Why would you be speeding if you have something illegal on you? I just don't understand it?

they see me rollin, they hatin
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Those are felonies? When are states going to stop clogging the courts and jail systems with petty drug possession crimes?
Hey look a Bills DL with a felony arrest. Oh wait, nobody cares because it's the Bills while the Niners get scrutinized in the media for every tiny indiscretion any of their players make.
synthetic marijuana. wtf. that's the number one choice of drug for folks in Kern County CA.

edit:
forgot to mention how that sh!t smells like burning tires.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on May 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM ]
Well this can't be right. He doesn't play for us.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Well this can't be right. He doesn't play for us.

lol i know right or it would be all over ESPN. I don't think I saw a single piece about it on SportsCenter yesterday and if I did it was only once and that is why I don't remember it.
[ Edited by sfout on May 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nobody ever said these guys are smart.

With all the money they make, they could hire chauffer's to drive them while they get stoned.
Remember Gruden's Camp with Dareus and Aldon Smith? Everyone was like 'Aldon who?' at the time, and Dareus was dogging him on the show like Aldon was a nobody.

Then, Aldon burst on the scene and Dareus struggled his first two years.

Ironic that they've both had these issues now.
He isn't a niner. why is he getting into trouble?
Originally posted by BobS:
Those are felonies? When are states going to stop clogging the courts and jail systems with petty drug possession crimes?

As long as we let them.