There are 177 users in the forums

The end of the 12th man

Shop 49ers game tickets
Living in the past obviously becomes a bad thing, but it's laughable how the entire 49ers fan base is labeled as living in the past.

So a bunch of idiotic trolls post "LOL 5 RINGS" online, and all of a sudden every 49er fan is regarded the same way?

It's been said 1,000 times, but the only people who complain about other fans talking about the past are fans whose team has never won anything. Every team has idiotic troll fans, but nobody labels every Seahawk fan to be a dense moron (for the record Lisa and Zag are probably the best posters as opposing fans).

The problem with the other side of things, (focusing way too much on RIGHT NOW) is that those fans have a limited perspective. For example, how many Seahawk fans regard Chancellor's hit on Vernon to be "OMG BEST HIT EVER"

We lost two blowout games in their house, and all of a sudden "the 49ers can't win in Seattle". Seattle has had great success in the years, there's no question about that. The 49ers failed to get the job done in the Super Bowl, but if they had, THIS CURRENT 49ers team would have matched the Seahawks entire history as far as what they've accomplished (three total championship games and a Super Bowl win).
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
rotten eggs>>>dozen>>>twelve
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Living in the past obviously becomes a bad thing, but it's laughable how the entire 49ers fan base is labeled as living in the past.

So a bunch of idiotic trolls post "LOL 5 RINGS" online, and all of a sudden every 49er fan is regarded the same way?

It's been said 1,000 times, but the only people who complain about other fans talking about the past are fans whose team has never won anything. Every team has idiotic troll fans, but nobody labels every Seahawk fan to be a dense moron (for the record Lisa and Zag are probably the best posters as opposing fans).

The problem with the other side of things, (focusing way too much on RIGHT NOW) is that those fans have a limited perspective. For example, how many Seahawk fans regard Chancellor's hit on Vernon to be "OMG BEST HIT EVER"

We lost two blowout games in their house, and all of a sudden "the 49ers can't win in Seattle". Seattle has had great success in the years, there's no question about that. The 49ers failed to get the job done in the Super Bowl, but if they had, THIS CURRENT 49ers team would have matched the Seahawks entire history as far as what they've accomplished (three total championship games and a Super Bowl win).

It's a good thing for them that they got theirs when they did because 2014 can be the beginning of irrelevance for yrs and yrs to come. It's funny how you mentioned the bold... I can see the Harbaugh era (alone) matching and surpassing that...
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Good post, the only thing I would comment on is the age of both teams. Seattle is right on track to when your franchise finally started taking off but you also didn't have much to show for your first 35 years or so. Harbaugh definitely could surpass what we have accomplished in his time here but so far he has to catch up to Pete Carroll. He has one less year with you guys than Pete does in Seattle so if he can win a super bowl next year that would put him in the lead but right now he is not and Pete isn't showing any signs of slowing down just yet either so it won't be an easy task to over take him.
Originally posted by LVJay:
It's a good thing for them that they got theirs when they did because 2014 can be the beginning of irrelevance for yrs and yrs to come.t...

Couldn't you say the same thing about the 49ers? Or any team for that matter. Well except the good thing they got theirs.

I know it's fun to imagine the Seahawks coming crashing down to earth in a big ball of flames but if you are being honest and were not a fan of either team would you still think that or would you think the 49ers are headed for a potential collapse? Consider where each team is at currently and how the off season has gone for both. One just one the super bowl and resigned it's key players and have been quiet in the off season otherwise while the other has had rumors of frustration in the FO with the head coach and rumors of that coach leaving town while players have been getting arrested on multiple occasions and face potentially significant loss of playing time as well as even jail time.

Not trying to be rude but honestly if you look at the big picture I think there is much more validity to seeing problems with your team more so than mine. I think the only way to see it the other way is wishful thinking.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
Couldn't you say the same thing about the 49ers? Or any team for that matter. Well except the good thing they got theirs.

I know it's fun to imagine the Seahawks coming crashing down to earth in a big ball of flames but if you are being honest and were not a fan of either team would you still think that or would you think the 49ers are headed for a potential collapse? Consider where each team is at currently and how the off season has gone for both. One just one the super bowl and resigned it's key players and have been quiet in the off season otherwise while the other has had rumors of frustration in the FO with the head coach and rumors of that coach leaving town while players have been getting arrested on multiple occasions and face potentially significant loss of playing time as well as even jail time.

Not trying to be rude but honestly if you look at the big picture I think there is much more validity to seeing problems with your team more so than mine. I think the only way to see it the other way is wishful thinking.

You got yours (1) and that's cool but we have ours (5) as well so there is that. Now I invite you to go down each teams roster including returning players from injury and rookies and each teams record the last couple years as a predictor of how they've handled success in back to back seasons. You do this and you can quickly realize that we have proven that we are not a fluke and can battle through the adversity of making long postseason runs to come back and inherit a 1 seeded schedule, draft slotting and the free agency pilfering. We went 13-3, 11-5-1, and 12-4. We now are going to bring to training camp a 90 man roster that is lightyears ahead of anyone else's IMO.

You can make the case for SEA because they are the champs but realistically I will take SF roster right now over anyones. I believe SEA retained key people and will add a healthy Percy Harvin and a speedy Paul Richardson offensively and the offense should get a boost but the defense didn't improve. The team didn't improve aside from what I have mentioned. SEA does now have championship experience but so do we to a pretty great extent (2x NFCW and 1xNFC). The thing that did improve this season was the Super Bowl champion scheduling and the strength of your opposition. Something we dealt with rather well despite our injury adversities and Aldon's absence to 12-4 but how will SEA respond with the target on your backs? We were the hunted last year and now SEA is!

Now back to SF, I said all season long to my fellow 49er fans that last year as we were going through it to finish only 12-4 that no matter how good we were last year we would be light years better this season and I am optimistic this prediction holds up. I expect no less than 12 wins this season because we've played tough opponents annually both home and away and smashed them in their stadiums except for SEA and that is but one game on our schedule. I was optimistic because I knew we had at the time 13 draft picks with 6 top 100 overall and that we would add major talent there including having a healthy redshirted Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore and a full season for Kap with a healthy Crabtree Boldin and VD. Our draft haul plus the addition of Stevie Johnson will make the 2014 49ers of Levis Stadium a much tougher team than in 2013! You have brought the same team back (aside from the healthy Percy and the championship experience) that barely beat us in SEA while we are bringing a totally revamped and more talented team to the fold than what we had last year. Just look at this impartially if you can and see where you have upgraded if anywhere and then look at us and see if we've upgraded anywhere and if you can see our reasoning for optimism.

I won't count out the champs because you have basically maintained a lot of your form and the offense should be more explosive but I know what we've added and I saw this coming early 2013 and I knew that last year we were biding our time for what was to come this season at the opening of Levis. We are going to make this place a house of horrors for teams that come here just like you guys have. If you don't like my assessment of where things are I welcome you to read this Saints beat reporters analysis

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/05/new_orleans_saints_are_better_1.html
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM ]
Good post, the only thing I would comment on is the age of both teams. Seattle is right on track to when your franchise finally started taking off but you also didn't have much to show for your first 35 years or so. Harbaugh definitely could surpass what we have accomplished in his time here but so far he has to catch up to Pete Carroll. He has one less year with you guys than Pete does in Seattle so if he can win a super bowl next year that would put him in the lead but right now he is not and Pete isn't showing any signs of slowing down just yet either so it won't be an easy task to over take him.

It all depends on what the parameters are for you in defining success.
Harbs has 3 consecutive NFC championship game appearances and has yet to miss the playoffs at any point during his time here.
Harbs took over a team that was 6-10 and made them 13-3 with an NFC champ game appearance.

Carroll on the other hand took 2 seasons to get a winning record, and missed the playoffs in 2011.
Yes, he won a super-bowl, but I'm not ready to give him all the credit yet. He cost you the game in Atlanta (which was hilarious) and not to mention he didn't want to draft Russell Wilson. In fact, I remember reading somewhere that he had to be convinced? Not ready to give credit all the credit to Pete, I think John Schneider deserves more credit than Carroll lol.

I think if you look at what Harbs has contributed to his team, as opposed to what Carroll has... Harbs is the better coach.
Trust me, it will all make sense when we win the SB this year.

Won*, not one
I think if anything its proven that teams need to upgrade themselves to win a consecutive SB. What new talent have you brought in? If anything I feel you have lost more players. Trust me, as I type this there is an offensive coordinator out there who is currently studying what T.Y. Hilton, and Stevie Johnson (now a niner) did to have success against the Legion of Boom. I am willing to bet that unless there is some new scheme Carroll is drawing out (which I doubt seeing his time at USC) Seattle is going to be in for a rude awakening.

Lol, TMZ is not a sports rumors channel you should read. There is no tension in our FO c'mon man. Rumors of Harbs leaving? I'm starting to think you might be a troll.

After reading that last sentence it is getting very hard to take you seriously, we've upgraded our secondary, running game, and offensive line.
You've lost lineman, WR, defensive players, and not to mention you have lost more FO reps than we have.
I think this offseason should speak volumes to you about which team is reloading better...
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by 16to87:
On the .nut they are now calling themselves the twelves.

It's not just on their board. They do that stuff in person too.

They were doing it when I got here in the 90s. It just became more ghey every year. I see these guys at work the day after and don't have a problem with a guy that loses his voice screaming for his team.

My problem is with the aasholes that claim to be "the 12th man" when they weren't at the game. I have the advantage of saying I have been to more Hags games than most of those wannabe 12th genitals have in their lives just because I want to see the Niners. 12th boner.. my ass.

I'm a season ticket holder and went to the SB this year. I've done my contributions.

Anyway, I personally would like us to to get rid of the 12th man thing, and just call ourselves Twelves or just something entirely different, because I'm tired of hearing this Texas A & M crap all the time. The nickname is not worth it IMO.

The fact is the fanbase itself is not going anywhere, and the culture of being loud at games is already there. The 12th Man is just a name at this point. We could easily just become "Blue Pride" or "Hawks Nest" in 2016 or whatever nickname the media chooses to spout and people who don't like the Seahawks will be JUST as annoyed. Until the Seahawks start losing at home more than they win, and the fans suddenly go pitch quiet. You're not going to stop hearing about the Seahawk fans.

Instead of bashing what you wish your fan base would do (which is get loud at games), why don't you just try to help educate your fellow fans to stop being loud on offense and do their job on defense.

I find it hilarious how you guy act like your fans are the only loud fans. You guys rely upon a stadium designed to amplify crowd noise and try to claim to be better fans...what a lame ass poser fanbase. You jackholes aren't any more special than any other fanbase except when it comes to being posers. I still believe they pump noise into the playing field because when the NFC championship was being played and officials were watching for it, it was strangely quiet. Pompous asses. 5 good seasons in the history of the franchise is a joke.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You got yours (1) and that's cool but we have ours (5) as well so there is that. Now I invite you to go down each teams roster including returning players from injury and rookies and each teams record the last couple years as a predictor of how they've handled success in back to back seasons. You do this and you can quickly realize that we have proven that we are not a fluke and can battle through the adversity of making long postseason runs to come back and inherit a 1 seeded schedule, draft slotting and the free agency pilfering. We went 13-3, 11-5-1, and 12-4. We now are going to bring to training camp a 90 man roster that is lightyears ahead of anyone else's IMO.
you have 5 in your history but that has zero bearing on the team taking the field next year. Your current team has zero so there is that.
It's safe to say we are also not a fluke and that target you talk about was planted firmly on out back last year as well as a tougher schedule. Don't you remember so many here predicting Seattle would not be able to handle 5 10AM road games?
Light years ahead? How do you figure that? Remove the wishful thinking and you are hoping to not have lost to much. You lost 3 of your starters in your secondary and your secondary was already a weakness. Bowman will miss time and may not even regain his full playing ability all year. Your center is still not re-signed and the guy (Kilgore) hasn't yet proven to even be a suitable replacement let alone and upgrade. Gore is another year older as is Cowboy and both are very long in the tooth.
Yes you had 11 draft picks but before they get honored in Canton shouldn't they at least make the 53 man roster? You guys constantly say you have the deepest roster in the NFL so who are these 11 going to supplant? You brought in Stevie Johnson which is a great move but that is the only one player.

You can make the case for SEA because they are the champs but realistically I will take SF roster right now over anyones. I believe SEA retained key people and will add a healthy Percy Harvin and a speedy Paul Richardson offensively and the offense should get a boost but the defense didn't improve. The team didn't improve aside from what I have mentioned. SEA does now have championship experience but so do we to a pretty great extent (2x NFCW and 1xNFC). The thing that did improve this season was the Super Bowl champion scheduling and the strength of your opposition. Something we dealt with rather well despite our injury adversities and Aldon's absence to 12-4 but how will SEA respond with the target on your backs? We were the hunted last year and now SEA is!

We were the odds on favorite all last off season and all the way through the regular season. We already had that target and we got it done without our best 3 O-lineman for half the year and neither of our best receivers on the field. How good would the Niners have been last year if they were without their 3 best O-lineman for a similar frame and without Boldin and Crabtree? Think about that.

Now back to SF, I said all season long to my fellow 49er fans that last year as we were going through it to finish only 12-4 that no matter how good we were last year we would be light years better this season and I am optimistic this prediction holds up. I expect no less than 12 wins this season because we've played tough opponents annually both home and away and smashed them in their stadiums except for SEA and that is but one game on our schedule. I was optimistic because I knew we had at the time 13 draft picks with 6 top 100 overall and that we would add major talent there including having a healthy redshirted Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore and a full season for Kap with a healthy Crabtree Boldin and VD. Our draft haul plus the addition of Stevie Johnson will make the 2014 49ers of Levis Stadium a much tougher team than in 2013! You have brought the same team back (aside from the healthy Percy and the championship experience) that barely beat us in SEA while we are bringing a totally revamped and more talented team to the fold than what we had last year. Just look at this impartially if you can and see where you have upgraded if anywhere and then look at us and see if we've upgraded anywhere and if you can see our reasoning for optimism.

Barely beat you in Seattle without Rice or Harvin. Again how would you have done without Crabtree and Boldin? Earlier in the year we beat you 29-3 and that was still without Harvin and we lost Okung at the beginning of that game, Unger was already hurt as was Rice and Clemons and Irvin were not even on the field. You were as healthy as you have been in years coming into the NFCC game and still couldn't get the win.

I give your coaching staff credit for that game though. They held Kaep in the pocket pretty much all season and then unleashed him against us. No question it took us by surprise with Kaep getting over 100 yards on the ground in the first quarter but the real telling part of the story is that we made adjustments and when we kept Kaep in the pocket we took control of the game and when you needed him to step up for your lack of running game he turned the ball over three times on critical possessions. Many people believe we brought in Pryor to imitate Kaep for practice. Similar long strider that you have to account for. Even if that is not true it should be very helpful in prepping to play against you.

I won't count out the champs because you have basically maintained a lot of your form and the offense should be more explosive but I know what we've added and I saw this coming early 2013 and I knew that last year we were biding our time for what was to come this season at the opening of Levis. We are going to make this place a house of horrors for teams that come here just like you guys have. If you don't like my assessment of where things are I welcome you to read this Saints beat reporters analysis

Great pep talk but I find it hard to believe your FO and coaching staff were just biding their time. Your in the heart of your super bowl window it would be moronic to not do everything possible to win right now. Those guys you are so high on still need to prove they are worthy of your praise. All the hype and optimism is great but it doesn't mean anything until they get on the field and prove they are the answers for the guys who left and or are aging their way to the end of their careers.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/05/new_orleans_saints_are_better_1.html

I won't bother with the opinion of a beat writer. Just another guy trying to write something to keep readers reading. Now if you can show me where he put down a couple grand out of his own pocket then maybe I will pay more attention but then Mayweather put 12 Million or something like that, on the Broncos.

You guys have a ton of talent and great coaching staff but so does Seattle and Seattle isn't having to fill needs. Even Tate leaving isn't really that big a deal when you consider we will have Harvin and Rice back. Go ahead and hope for injuries but don't forget your team will have to deal with those also. Of the two teams healthy there currently is no question Seattle is better. Your incoming talent will have to be improvements on what you lost for that to change. Sorry but that's the reality and rookies rarely make that kind of impact. The team Seattle will field in September will have all the key proven players to be as good as last year because we didn't lose a single key component this off season, the Niners can't say that yet.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I find it hilarious how you guy act like your fans are the only loud fans. You guys rely upon a stadium designed to amplify crowd noise and try to claim to be better fans...what a lame ass poser fanbase. You jackholes aren't any more special than any other fanbase except when it comes to being posers. I still believe they pump noise into the playing field because when the NFC championship was being played and officials were watching for it, it was strangely quiet. Pompous asses. 5 good seasons in the history of the franchise is a joke.

Right and we pumped in noise to the super bowl too right? That is just jealousy right there. The stadium is designed to redirect the sound back onto the field just like a dome does. There is no amplifier hooked up. We pride ourselves in being loud and that has been a tradition since the king domes days when we retired the #12 jersey. This isn't anything new and it has been investigated time and time again because it is so unbelievably loud but the facts are facts. There has never once been a finding to support the suspicion of piping in noise and the super bowl should be proof enough. Ask why the Broncos went to the silent count on their second snap of the game.

Get ready though because your Levi stadium is suppose to be built in a similar manner with the same thought in mind. I think what your going to find is that without the noise being created there is nothing to redirect.

12th fan...you are here on a 9ers site because you are worried about us over here to the extent that you have enrolled on the zone! I haven't done anything of the sort because we have enough going on in our own franchise and I am certain we are doing things at an elite level. I have seen what SEA has been doing for years now and it ain't on this level. If it were I just might enroll on .NET or something like you did here. I didn't have to because SEA is but one of my many concerns in this division in this conference in this league! I have stated my case and have even given SEA their props but I see where we have improved greatly and I see SEA standing pat. As of right now our 90 man >>> SEA. I think the majority of personnel men would agree. You guys won in SEA in the NFCCG...barely so we can argue that SEA had the better 53 man on 01/21/2014?? but today 05/11/2014 we have the best 90 man roster by a decent margin IMO! We will see who trades for picks at final cutdowns and whose players are claimed upon waivers. Most of our fans here can recount the many players we've stashed on the IR and were redshirted off the 53 man for 2014 but I bet you guys have a hard time doing the same as well as the fact we've drafted more talent for future use. All of Baalke and Harbaugh's drafts have included picks and trades for future use and we've continued this trend! Try not to burst a blood vessel worrying over us because we are going to be right here!

I swear bro, some of these Hawks fans think that they are going to come in here and we are going to offer to shine their shoes or something!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
12th fan...you are here on a 9ers site because you are worried about us over here to the extent that you have enrolled on the zone! I haven't done anything of the sort because we have enough going on in our own franchise and I am certain we are doing things at an elite level. I have seen what SEA has been doing for years now and it ain't on this level. If it were I just might enroll on .NET or something like you did here. I didn't have to because SEA is but one of my many concerns in this division in this conference in this league! I have stated my case and have even given SEA their props but I see where we have improved greatly and I see SEA standing pat. As of right now our 90 man >>> SEA. I think the majority of personnel men would agree. You guys won in SEA in the NFCCG...barely so we can argue that SEA had the better 53 man on 01/21/2014?? but today 05/11/2014 we have the best 90 man roster by a decent margin IMO! We will see who trades for picks at final cutdowns and whose players are claimed upon waivers. Most of our fans here can recount the many players we've stashed on the IR and were redshirted off the 53 man for 2014 but I bet you guys have a hard time doing the same as well as the fact we've drafted more talent for future use. All of Baalke and Harbaugh's drafts have included picks and trades for future use and we've continued this trend! Try not to burst a blood vessel worrying over us because we are going to be right here!

Of course I worry about the Niners, I don't need to lie or deny it to make myself feel better. I am smart enough to know that there are other teams in this league that are trying to do the same thing we just did as well as us trying to do it again. Ignoring that their is competition is pretty much empowering the meaning of the word, it would just be ignorant. You don't need to be on a Seahawks board to acknowledge the competition, we have plenty of Niner fans on our boards.

As for talent on the 90 man roster every team has talent on their 90 man roster as well as their 53. Every team drafts players, signs FA's and UDFA's and every fan would like to think they do it better than any other but again to just assume that yours is better and ignoring what everyone else is doing would again be empowering the meaning of the word. There's nothing wrong with being a homer and having optimism but you are speaking as though it is fact. Unless you are a new fan of the NFL you should already know that these draft picks mean nothing until they prove themselves in your scheme and on the NFL playing field. There is no guarantee that any of them will be upgrades from the players that will be released to make room for them. Especially on a stacked roster like yours. Even Stevie Johnson has to prove he can fit in and play in your scheme. That's a great trade by the way. On paper at least.

Of course Seattle has players held over from last draft. Several that have very high promise were sent to IR or just held back like Benson Mayowa, Tharold Simon, Jeron Johnson, Jordon Hill , Jessie Williams and Christine Michael. These are the guys waiting for their shot just like Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell and others waited for theirs. The truth though is you don't know any more about your players waiting in the wings than I do about mine. I have seen flashes and bits and pieces that give me optimism but I will wait until they are on the field before I assume they are an upgrade because I have been watching the NFL for nearly 40 years. I know that pipe dreams are just that and my hopes have no bearing on the real facts.

I am sorry but until the final 53 has been assembled neither one of us knows who will even make the entire roster let alone who will be any kind of upgrade. You have lost two pro bowlers in your secondary the last two years and three starters from last year alone. Just because you draft someone doesn't mean they are going to be better. If that were the case then they shouldn't have been pro bowlers to begin with and if that's the case then you have to question every one of your pro bowlers.

If all these guys are so unbelievably talented then who do they replace? You don't get to keep a 90 man roster.

Right and we pumped in noise to the super bowl too right? That is just jealousy right there. The stadium is designed to redirect the sound back onto the field just like a dome does. There is no amplifier hooked up. We pride ourselves in being loud and that has been a tradition since the king domes days when we retired the #12 jersey. This isn't anything new and it has been investigated time and time again because it is so unbelievably loud but the facts are facts. There has never once been a finding to support the suspicion of piping in noise and the super bowl should be proof enough. Ask why the Broncos went to the silent count on their second snap of the game.

Get ready though because your Levi stadium is suppose to be built in a similar manner with the same thought in mind. I think what your going to find is that without the noise being created there is nothing to redirect.

Dude you are so full of s**t, your fanbase is no louder outside the s**thole stadium than any other. Pompous asses and Johnny come lately bandwagoners with a lameass ripped off nickname.
Of course I worry about the Niners, I don't need to lie or deny it to make myself feel better. I am smart enough to know that there are other teams in this league that are trying to do the same thing we just did as well as us trying to do it again. Ignoring that their is competition is pretty much empowering the meaning of the word, it would just be ignorant. You don't need to be on a Seahawks board to acknowledge the competition, we have plenty of Niner fans on our boards.

As for talent on the 90 man roster every team has talent on their 90 man roster as well as their 53. Every team drafts players, signs FA's and UDFA's and every fan would like to think they do it better than any other but again to just assume that yours is better and ignoring what everyone else is doing would again be empowering the meaning of the word. There's nothing wrong with being a homer and having optimism but you are speaking as though it is fact. Unless you are a new fan of the NFL you should already know that these draft picks mean nothing until they prove themselves in your scheme and on the NFL playing field. There is no guarantee that any of them will be upgrades from the players that will be released to make room for them. Especially on a stacked roster like yours. Even Stevie Johnson has to prove he can fit in and play in your scheme. That's a great trade by the way. On paper at least.

Of course Seattle has players held over from last draft. Several that have very high promise were sent to IR or just held back like Benson Mayowa, Tharold Simon, Jeron Johnson, Jordon Hill , Jessie Williams and Christine Michael. These are the guys waiting for their shot just like Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell and others waited for theirs. The truth though is you don't know any more about your players waiting in the wings than I do about mine. I have seen flashes and bits and pieces that give me optimism but I will wait until they are on the field before I assume they are an upgrade because I have been watching the NFL for nearly 40 years. I know that pipe dreams are just that and my hopes have no bearing on the real facts.

I am sorry but until the final 53 has been assembled neither one of us knows who will even make the entire roster let alone who will be any kind of upgrade. You have lost two pro bowlers in your secondary the last two years and three starters from last year alone. Just because you draft someone doesn't mean they are going to be better. If that were the case then they shouldn't have been pro bowlers to begin with and if that's the case then you have to question every one of your pro bowlers.

If all these guys are so unbelievably talented then who do they replace? You don't get to keep a 90 man roster.

Unless there is more injury to key players I can pretty much guarantee we should be able to field a better team than last year. This was apparent to me at the conclusion of camp last season. I saw us NOT sell out for Percy while crab and Cully went down prior to the season and AJJ stunk it up leaving us with NO speed at WR and VD as the only field stretcher. I knew we were long in the tooth in the secondary and that we had to acclimate Vance McDonald. I knew we had just Gore and two situation RBs around him. I knew we had no number 2 and 3 WR to start the year. I knew we had to get younger and deeper. I knew we had to deal with our injuries and play the one seeded schedule. I knew that Kap had to start his first full season in spite of all this.

BUT then I realized that...Kap would have that year under his belt and that we would get deeper and better at WR. We would get healthy and replace an older weaker Goody on the OL. We would get real every down help for Gore at RB. We would have Vance a year further along and QP as well. We would have Crab back healthy. We would get Tank and Lattimore in action. And I knew we would have 13 picks 6 top100 to address the youth speed and depth at DB and still stockpile talent for the future. I said then prior to 2013 and during it that no matter how good we were then we would be better now. Bro, I hate to break it to you but we are. Substantially!

We had Boldin as number one and no two or three. We lost at least two games last year because we didn't have VD or a two and three WR. Those games were at NO and vs CAR. We lost to IND because Roman inexplicably stopped running the ball and we just got our usual beat down in SEA but not having a two three and VD certainly made your job easier!

SEA deserves all the bragging rights of the champion especially since you beat us on the way to it but I know and our fans know what our situation was and we know we have tangibly improved significantly and we believe in this team!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone