LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The end of the 12th man

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zaghawk:
meh I'll have fun with this one.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10277443_10152146482251298_1442253756044078867_n.jpg

Nonsense. That was just John Brodie appreciation day.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10277443_10152146482251298_1442253756044078867_n.jpg

Nonsense. That was just John Brodie appreciation day.

Don't forget, these guys didn't know anything about football until this season...
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Don't forget, these guys didn't know anything about football until this season...

lol true. I shouldn't expect these guys to know who John Brodie is.
Lol, you are aware your stadium had to be built to enhance noise volume right? Wait until this year when half the 12th man goes away because those "dynasty" expectations you guys talk about fall short.

Not likely.
Considering they've had 95 straight sellouts, including some pretty lean 4 and 5 win seasons . . .
The name is already taken you Seattle phonies.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meh, no big deal. A&M can't stop the fans from making signs, calling themselves that or tattooing their balls with a "12".
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

hey! those guys stole my idea! I said we should mock the hawks and start calling ourselves the "12th man" just for the lulz.
How about we just call ourselves "fans" and stop pretending like anything but their noise-trapping stadium (or replacement refs) have ever impacted a game?

Remember when Kansas City beat their noise record, in an old, outdoor stadium? You know what Chiefs fans call themselves? Fans.
Originally posted by sspiker:
How about we just call ourselves "fans" and stop pretending like anything but their noise-trapping stadium (or replacement refs) have ever impacted a game?

Remember when Kansas City beat their noise record, in an old, outdoor stadium? You know what Chiefs fans call themselves? Fans.

I like this idea.

Regarding zaghawk's picture, that's obviously a very small segment of the SF fanbase (embarrassing, nonetheless). Seattle's entire "fanbase" is a collection of insecure groupies who are mostly football neophytes. Your identity flows from belonging to some larger group of people. Sounds kinda like a cult.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
meh, no big deal. A&M can't stop the fans from making signs, calling themselves that or tattooing their balls with a "12".

Yeah.
Call us anything you want . . .
Just don't call us late to watch the ring ceremony ;-)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on May 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM ]

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Lol, you are aware your stadium had to be built to enhance noise volume right? Wait until this year when half the 12th man goes away because those "dynasty" expectations you guys talk about fall short.

Not likely.
Considering they've had 95 straight sellouts, including some pretty lean 4 and 5 win seasons . . .

I would hope you've had 95 straight sellouts. Should be easy for the Seahawks seeing that Husky Stadium seats more than CenturyLink
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM ]

Not likely.

I would hope you've had 95 straight sellouts. Should be easy for the Seahawks seeing that Husky Stadium seats more than CenturyLink

True, Husky Stadium holds about 3k more - marginal difference (I believe Century Link and Levi's Stadium have similar capacities, right?)
Point was, if HALF the fans didn't disappear in the 4 and 5 win seasons, doesn't seem likely now . . .

I this supposed to be an insult? Something like 21 of the top 25 largest stadiums in the country are college stadiums..
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yeah.
Call us anything you want . . .
Just don't call us late to watch the ring ceremony ;-)

Still talking about the super bowl? In SEA logic land those only count for a month or so right? "Quit living in the past." 2014 is upon us,
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by sspiker:

I like this idea.

Regarding zaghawk's picture, that's obviously a very small segment of the SF fanbase (embarrassing, nonetheless). Seattle's entire "fanbase" is a collection of insecure groupies who are mostly football neophytes. Your identity flows from belonging to some larger group of people. Sounds kinda like a cult.

hahaha

They are fake ass booger snot color wearing curling fans in disguise.

Go Curling!
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone