LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

The end of the 12th man

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by 16to87:
On the .nut they are now calling themselves the twelves.

It's not just on their board. They do that stuff in person too.

They were doing it when I got here in the 90s. It just became more ghey every year. I see these guys at work the day after and don't have a problem with a guy that loses his voice screaming for his team.

My problem is with the aasholes that claim to be "the 12th man" when they weren't at the game. I have the advantage of saying I have been to more Hags games than most of those wannabe 12th genitals have in their lives just because I want to see the Niners. 12th boner.. my ass.

I'm a season ticket holder and went to the SB this year. I've done my contributions.

Anyway, I personally would like us to to get rid of the 12th man thing, and just call ourselves Twelves or just something entirely different, because I'm tired of hearing this Texas A & M crap all the time. The nickname is not worth it IMO.

The fact is the fanbase itself is not going anywhere, and the culture of being loud at games is already there. The 12th Man is just a name at this point. We could easily just become "Blue Pride" or "Hawks Nest" in 2016 or whatever nickname the media chooses to spout and people who don't like the Seahawks will be JUST as annoyed. Until the Seahawks start losing at home more than they win, and the fans suddenly go pitch quiet. You're not going to stop hearing about the Seahawk fans.

Instead of bashing what you wish your fan base would do (which is get loud at games), why don't you just try to help educate your fellow fans to stop being loud on offense and do their job on defense.
[ Edited by zaghawk on May 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
i felt this way about people calling ladainian tomlinson LT. we all know who the real LT was.

I agree completely. Lee Travino never gets his due anymore after that a-hole played down in San Diego.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I disagree, whatever gives that "franchise" up north or their fans any headache deserves attention.

Trust me, the best headache you can give a Hags fan is simply a Niner win in their precious stadium. I wish I could have been at that Tards game because I enjoy the silence that is the 68000 jack asses walking out and hearing the faint "NINERS"! In the distance that spurs on the other friendlies. I promise you THAT is far more effective than any of this stupid 12th hemorrhoid crap. That name crap is stupid, they won't quit using it, but ripping their fark1ng hearts out en masse is like cocaine baby. Any of the others that have been there in 2006 or 2011 know what I am talking about. I'm starting to get all jacked about it just thinking about it. I will watch 4 straight losses in Seattle to enjoy the pleasure of one win. It is truly therapeutic. The 2008 and 2002 wins were good, but those other two were the shiznit.
[ Edited by Rathmanator on May 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:

They were doing it when I got here in the 90s. It just became more ghey every year. I see these guys at work the day after and don't have a problem with a guy that loses his voice screaming for his team.

My problem is with the aasholes that claim to be "the 12th man" when they weren't at the game. I have the advantage of saying I have been to more Hags games than most of those wannabe 12th genitals have in their lives just because I want to see the Niners. 12th boner.. my ass.

I'm a season ticket holder and went to the SB this year. I've done my contributions.

Anyway, I personally would like us to to get rid of the 12th man thing, and just call ourselves Twelves or just something entirely different, because I'm tired of hearing this Texas A & M crap all the time. The nickname is not worth it IMO.

The fact is the fanbase itself is not going anywhere, and the culture of being loud at games is already there. The 12th Man is just a name at this point. We could become easily just become Blue Pride in 2016 or whatever nickname the media chooses to spout and people who don't like the Seahawks will be JUST as annoyed. Until the Seahawks start losing at home more than they win, and the fans suddenly go pitch quiet. You're not going to stop hearing about the Seahawk fans.

Instead of bashing what you wish your fan base would do (which is get loud at games), why don't you just try to help educate your fellow fans to stop being loud on offense and do their job on defense.

You are correct about the bold as far as I can tell. Wearing a label like that is just a dorky thing to do. You're not a fanbase; you're a bunch of groupies. That's why you're mocked.

The fact that the label was ripped off a college team is just icing on the cake.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on May 6, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i felt this way about people calling ladainian tomlinson LT. we all know who the real LT was.

I agree completely. Lee Travino never gets his due anymore after that a-hole played down in San Diego.

Lol.. Trevino

Agreed x100.. now THAT guy was a bad ass SOB. Oh man it makes me think of the 90 fumble.. DOH!
[ Edited by Rathmanator on May 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM ]
I disagree, whatever gives that "franchise" up north or their fans any headache deserves attention.

Trust me, the best headache you can give a Hags fan is simply a Niner win in their precious stadium. I wish I could have been at that Tards game because I enjoy the silence that is the 68000 jack asses walking out and hearing the faint "NINERS"! In the distance that spurs on the other friendlies. I promise you THAT is far more effective than any of this stupid 12th hemorrhoid crap. That name crap is stupid, they won't quit using it, but ripping their fark1ng hearts out en masse is like cocaine baby. Any of the others that have been there in 2006 or 2011 know what I am talking about. I'm starting to get all jacked about it just thinking about it. I will watch 4 straight losses in Seattle to enjoy the pleasure of one win. It is truly therapeutic. The 2008 and 2002 wins were good, but those other two were the shiznit.

So angry. Oh well...Seahawks won the SB and beat the Niners in the NFCCG. I'll keep smiling until the above happens. I'd be more worried about the Niners finally losing to the Hawks in SF given the last time they played the win was by only 2 points. Niners may have been close to a win in Seattle, but Seattle was closer to a win in SF.

So angry. Oh well...Seahawks won the SB and beat the Niners in the NFCCG. I'll keep smiling until the above happens. I'd be more worried about the Niners finally losing to the Hawks in SF given the last time they played the win was by only 2 points. Niners may have been close to a win in Seattle, but Seattle was closer to a win in SF.

they were essentially the same games. sf is winning in the 4th seattle takes the lead and sf has the last drive of the game. in sf they got the fg, in seattle they couldnt punch it in. sure the scoreboard will read a 6 point loss compared to a 2 point loss but it really dont mean s**t. the games are all toss ups, you know it, i know and thats really all there is to say about it.
I'm bummed, after almost 20 years, am having to give up my tickets this year.

I guess that's the price of success is they keep jacking up the prices, and it's driving out the real fans. Only to be replaced by the Johnny Come Lately's.

Oh well, after suffering through a lot of awful years, I was blessed with watching 2 NFC Championship wins, and finally a Super Bowl Championship.

The whole 12th man craze and people constantly trying to bring as much attention to the crowd as to the team itself has started to wear on me anyway.

Don't get me wrong, there is no other place in the world I'd rather be on a Sunday than at a Seahawks game. But at this point I'll have to wait for them to go through another slump, let all the band wagoners bail and bring the prices back down to semi-reasonable.
Originally posted by maltz88:
I'm bummed, after almost 20 years, am having to give up my tickets this year.

I guess that's the price of success is they keep jacking up the prices, and it's driving out the real fans. Only to be replaced by the Johnny Come Lately's.

Oh well, after suffering through a lot of awful years, I was blessed with watching 2 NFC Championship wins, and finally a Super Bowl Championship.

The whole 12th man craze and people constantly trying to bring as much attention to the crowd as to the team itself has started to wear on me anyway.

Don't get me wrong, there is no other place in the world I'd rather be on a Sunday than at a Seahawks game. But at this point I'll have to wait for them to go through another slump, let all the band wagoners bail and bring the prices back down to semi-reasonable.

You foul-weather fan, you.
This thing with the Hags is going to be around for a few years give or take a few injuries. I do not see a situation where the Hags sweep the Niners. Yeah, the Hags were within 2 in SF, but if the Hags get lucky enough to win in SF I have no doubt that the Niners will even the score in Seattle. I just see these teams duking it out until the end and the team with the bounces will finish on top.

Lol, you are aware your stadium had to be built to enhance noise volume right? Wait until this year when half the 12th man goes away because those "dynasty" expectations you guys talk about fall short.

Lol I'm actually not angry at all,.
I'm also not going to argue who was "closer" to a win as that's a moot point. A win is a win.
Typical hawk fans, just started watching football this year and the only evidence you have to support your franchise comes from 1 season...

The fact is the fanbase itself is not going anywhere, and the culture of being loud at games is already there. The 12th Man is just a name at this point. We could easily just become "Blue Pride" or "Hawks Nest" in 2016 or whatever nickname the media chooses to spout and people who don't like the Seahawks will be JUST as annoyed. Until the Seahawks start losing at home more than they win, and the fans suddenly go pitch quiet. You're not going to stop hearing about the Seahawk fans.

Lol o oh look at em go

"Boo hoo dont make fun of my fake fan base nickname"

These hags go so far as calling it generic to suplort the cause hahah
The Seattle Blue Prides
Theyre so cool
meh I'll have fun with this one.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10277443_10152146482251298_1442253756044078867_n.jpg
Share 49ersWebzone