LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

The end of the 12th man

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well, at least in Seattle hopefully

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/1/19/5271954/12th-man-trademark-licensing-agreement-texas-am-aggies-seattle-seahawks

How sad. This is like me buying a license for a michael jackson song and going around saying i am michael jackson.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
How sad. This is like me buying a license for a michael jackson song and going around saying i am michael jackson.

That about summarizes the fan-base...
Sad

Actually it would be like you singing a holiday song that's been around for generations, then having Michael Jackson put it on an album then sue you for singing "his song."
A&M should charge them several million for it when the contract re-ups considering how they're claiming it as their own and making bank off it.
On the .nut they are now calling themselves the twelves.
Originally posted by maltz88:

Actually it would be like you singing a holiday song that's been around for generations, then having Michael Jackson put it on an album then sue you for singing "his song."

I don't know man...hard to say that "12th man" was generic when the USPTO disagreed. That said, it's not a copyright (so the MJ song analogy fails too).

It's more like ripping off Nike's "Just Do It" because the phrase existed in the English language prior to the trademark registration. You can't do that. That's what trademarks are for.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on May 6, 2014 at 7:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:

It's not just on their board. They do that stuff in person too.

I was thinking about that also, is that website subject to that fine as well?
There is a link on their website that talks about "donating to the 12th man"...
Whatever.

12 this, 12 that. Screw 'em both.

That rich SOB Allen will buy that stupid garbage outright and it won't phase his balance in the least. This is as stupid as it sounds.

12th JizzStain

Here here. It's a stupid phrase that nobody should have a patent on, or claim ownership of. Nobody in College Station, Seattle or anywhere else.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
12th man, 13th man (officials)... next they'll try to buy off 14th man (Goodell) to rig back to back SB
Originally posted by maltz88:
Here here. It's a stupid phrase that nobody should have a patent on, or claim ownership of. Nobody in College Station, Seattle or anywhere else.

I disagree, whatever gives that "franchise" up north or their fans any headache deserves attention.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

It's not just on their board. They do that stuff in person too.

They were doing it when I got here in the 90s. It just became more ghey every year. I see these guys at work the day after and don't have a problem with a guy that loses his voice screaming for his team.

My problem is with the aasholes that claim to be "the 12th man" when they weren't at the game. I have the advantage of saying I have been to more Hags games than most of those wannabe 12th genitals have in their lives just because I want to see the Niners. 12th boner.. my ass.
i felt this way about people calling ladainian tomlinson LT. we all know who the real LT was.
Share 49ersWebzone