There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Flowers anyone?

Man.. we need help at corner immediately. It would really give the Niners a plus at a spot that has genuinely cost the defense a game or two they could have won.

Now as much as I would like that, if the Niners are truly going to hang with Seattle they need to invest those picks into quality youth that can be developed. With the LBer core, the defense can afford to get some kids the experience they need to gain some confidence while keeping the salary down. This is the one thing that rainbow boy does that Harbs tries to avoid. Putting the kids on the field and getting them that experience. As much as I would like to have immediate help at corner, I would rather see some of those picks hit on some late round talent and take advantage of the bargain prices the Niners need to make cap space available when it comes time to bring in real experience as the veteran players age out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LVJay:
That's a surprise. He's been a really good player in the past, but the Chiefs pass defense fell apart last year. I wonder if they feel Flowers was partly responsible for that.

Injuries all across the defense did them in, lack of pass rush, coaching, scheme. Flowers would do well with us. The coaches would get him going!

That's my thinking as well. Flowers is a really good player, but when the front 7 doesn't do it's job, the secondary is toast. I'll take Flowers on the 49ers in a heartbeat.

Yup, we would know (it happened to us). He'd flourish with our front seven. C'mon, get off the Sofa, King... make it happen, CALL Baalke!
I'd do it in a second for the right price. Pro bowl player who is on the hook for only 5.25 mil next year and 2 more years after that at 6.25 and 6.5.. That doesn't seem too much for a player of his caliber
I'd do it. The price is rite as well, or we could possibly re-structure the deal (as others have done to get traded). I'd give away 1 of the lower pics, then still get my wr, safety, but now can get a DL and OL higher now.
he didnt fit new d-coordinator's scheme..he is a good but epensive player
That's a surprise. He's been a really good player in the past, but the Chiefs pass defense fell apart last year. I wonder if they feel Flowers was partly responsible for that.

Injuries all across the defense did them in, lack of pass rush, coaching, scheme. Flowers would do well with us. The coaches would get him going!

That's my thinking as well. Flowers is a really good player, but when the front 7 doesn't do it's job, the secondary is toast. I'll take Flowers on the 49ers in a heartbeat.

Yup, we would know (it happened to us). He'd flourish with our front seven. C'mon, get off the Sofa, King... make it happen, CALL Baalke!

LOL, nicely done. I'm on it!
We need this guy!!!!!
No way we trade for a guy who makes over $10.5 million this season. He would have to do some serious restructuring to even think about going to a contender.
Good player, too small for Baalke! His contract does not fit with out salary cap situation! Baalke never pays outside players more than he pays his own players!
MM reported Harbaalke aren't very high on CB's in this draft...could be a smokescreen, but if true, acquiring a guy like Flowers would make sense. TB could package a pick? Interesting.

Lack of pass rush ? KC had one of the league's best pass rushes this year and produced more sacks than we did, and even more than the Seahawks.

Flowers struggles had nothing to do with the front 7, it stemmed from Sutton's press man scheme in the secondary which Flowers is not well suited for. Flowers flourished under Crennel because they played a lot of zone on the back end, particularly a lot of cover 8.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Lack of pass rush ? KC had one of the league's best pass rushes this year and produced more sacks than we did, and even more than the Seahawks.

Flowers struggles had nothing to do with the front 7, it stemmed from Sutton's press man scheme in the secondary which Flowers is not well suited for. Flowers flourished under Crennel because they played a lot of zone on the back end, particularly a lot of cover 8.

KC had a great pass rush overall last year, and did rack up the sacks. But there was a lull during the season due to injuries. Houston missed several games, and I think him and Hall both missed a game together. That is when the secondary struggled.
No thanks, deepest draft in 70 years
Originally posted by tohara3:
No way we trade for a guy who makes over $10.5 million this season. He would have to do some serious restructuring to even think about going to a contender.
Where did you see $10.5? I saw $5.25 for next year.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 7, 2014 at 10:57 AM ]
He's a decent player. Might get cut so teams will just wait on that instead give up draft picks.
[ Edited by lamontb on May 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM ]