There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Flowers anyone?

Just saw on NFLN the Chiefs are shopping him. If Baalke isn't impressed with CB's in this draft and we move up for a WR, could trading for him help our secondary?
That's a surprise. He's been a really good player in the past, but the Chiefs pass defense fell apart last year. I wonder if they feel Flowers was partly responsible for that.
Flowers is a baller
Doesn't he play safety as well?

I would love if we traded away for him, give us a better chance of getting a high-profile WR and Tuitt
He`s deft a lock to start over a rookie so why dont we just trade back KC or our own 2ND round pick for his services then we can just focus in the draft on WR & D-Line help or even at Safety.
i'd be for it. how much money is he making?
The team won't pull the trigger, because of the size of his contract and the fact that they don't bring in players who make more than their own.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He`s deft a lock to start over a rookie so why dont we just trade back KC or our own 2ND round pick for his services then we can just focus in the draft on WR & D-Line help or even at Safety.

KC is not getting a 2nd round pick for this guy from anyone, especially when you factor in his salary. I bet he could be had for a 5th round pick
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He might want to consider riding with a SB contender. New contract... he's not getting that money from us.

Do it, Baalke/Flowers!!
Originally posted by Harkonnenzombie:
The team won't pull the trigger, because of the size of his contract and the fact that they don't bring in players who make more than their own.

This. No thanks.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That's a surprise. He's been a really good player in the past, but the Chiefs pass defense fell apart last year. I wonder if they feel Flowers was partly responsible for that.

Injuries all across the defense did them in, lack of pass rush, coaching, scheme. Flowers would do well with us. The coaches would get him going!
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

KC is not getting a 2nd round pick for this guy from anyone, especially when you factor in his salary. I bet he could be had for a 5th round pick

Well even better lower round pick for a established player why not
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Injuries all across the defense did them in, lack of pass rush, coaching, scheme. Flowers would do well with us. The coaches would get him going!

That's my thinking as well. Flowers is a really good player, but when the front 7 doesn't do it's job, the secondary is toast. I'll take Flowers on the 49ers in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Harkonnenzombie:

This. No thanks.

The chiefs pay the garuentee so the contract will be less than it seems
He would fit our D perfectly but I would have a hard time giving up a 3rd or so this close to the draft, especially at a position that's deep in this draft
[ Edited by Since07 on May 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
No