There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chiefs playing hardball with Alex Smith

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
for the fans ?

thats really bad business, if it's a negotiation tactic

It's not for the fans..it's for the other teams so that a team might be more willing trade up if they believe the Chiefs will take a QB. Or if Alex was actually holding up for money (which he isn't) then it would be to leverage against him.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
hooray..he can finally throw one deep ball after 8 years.

If he can throw one...then he can throw a hundred. It means you can't say "can't" without admitting an intentional disregard of facts to support your own opinions. Now you could still say he didn't do it enough...but that's a totally different claim.

Lol it aint a question if he can throw a deep ball.He has the ability.Its the frequency,the decision NOT TO,that is the complaint.Fifty-eleven million checkdowns,dumpoffs,short passes to TE's,etc.
Originally posted by Youngone:
If I'm smith I take a modest guaranteed salary, Smith has already made tons of money at this point. I respect Smith but don't feel bad if he's under paid. He's already been overpaid from his first contract with us.

Out of curiosity, name me one NFL player who has done this. Nearest I can think of is Brady and he did it not because of a previous contract but to try to improve the team.

None of the top NFL players are going to starve unless they are totally stupid or they snort the entire contract up their nostrils. That being said I don't see why one player whoever he is should be held to a ludicrously higher standard than all others.
Originally posted by English:
Out of curiosity, name me one NFL player who has done this. Nearest I can think of is Brady and he did it not because of a previous contract but to try to improve the team.

None of the top NFL players are going to starve unless they are totally stupid or they snort the entire contract up their nostrils. That being said I don't see why one player whoever he is should be held to a ludicrously higher standard than all others.

Navorro Bowman
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol typical illegal contact all the way down the field

I guess if you do it every play it doesn't get called. Wow!

If everyone is doing it every play they won't call it.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Navorro Bowman

he got a 7 yr deal worth 47 mil and about 26 guaranteed. could he have gotten more? yeah probably but its not like he took some remarkably less than market value deal.
They'll get a deal worked out.

It's not "if" but "When."

Alex has gone through too much drama to make this worse than it is.
Originally posted by crabman82:
he got a 7 yr deal worth 47 mil and about 26 guaranteed. could he have gotten more? yeah probably but its not like he took some remarkably less than market value deal.

Patrick Willis got 10 mil a year. Guys like Laurinitus, Posluzny, and Demeco Ryans all make over 7.5

Bowman signed for less than 7 and you don't think that remarkably less than his market value? He could have topped Willis on the open market.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Lol it aint a question if he can throw a deep ball.He has the ability.Its the frequency,the decision NOT TO,that is the complaint.Fifty-eleven million checkdowns,dumpoffs,short passes to TE's,etc.

Go back to last page and then repeat this. Some people do question. His frequency increased significantly with the Chiefs especially towards the end of the year...so we'll see.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Chiefs are bluffing, alex will get his cutler money
chiefs should give him what he is asking for and call it hazard pay..after all they got aj jenkins on the roster, and just resigned kyle williams

(acually i think jenkins will contribute this year, given the way he ended the season)
Give Alex whatever he wants, he is the greatest QB of our generation. F U Harbaugh for trading him!!!
This is all a smokescreen. Why not suggest there are QB negotiation issues and that you might select a QB? Just might get another team to jump ahead for a QB... pushing a non-QB to KC... or maybe a team tries to trade for the KC pick and they can get an additional pick.

Seems potato that they would trade 2 second rd picks for the QB that helps take their terrible team to the playoffs.. then plays better than any KC quarterback in the playoffs... better than any QB in the playoffs that loses the game, was it? and then suddenly has issues offering a long-term contract? LOL.. nah...all BS smokescreen, but it's fun to see the fans acting all irate or troubled by it.

The name of Alex Smith just can't find its way out of the WZ for good, I see... oh lawd... how long till this one gets locked?

Happy Draft Day, everyone! Whoooooooo!!!!!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Navorro Bowman

No. He took a lower deal, iirc, reflecting the way his current team looked after him. Smith in the previous post is being expected to take a lower deal to reflect what a previous team paid him historically.

Something I very much doubt that any poster here would do in their own employment.
Wouldn't surprised me if Andy Reid draft a qb. He likes to develop a young qb behind a solid starter like Smith. Been doing that for years. None of his backups are any good after being traded to another team doe.
No. He took a lower deal, iirc, reflecting the way his current team looked after him. Smith in the previous post is being expected to take a lower deal to reflect what a previous team paid him historically.

Something I very much doubt that any poster here would do in their own employment.

True.