There are 251 users in the forums

Chiefs playing hardball with Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by captveg:
No one threw a prettier deep pass in the playoffs then Smith's TD to Avery. Fact.

Show me a better one.

One deep pass in ten years. Oh the lol
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This was a pretty awesome TD pass as well

lol typical illegal contact all the way down the field
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I guess if you do it every play it doesn't get called. Wow!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
for the fans ?

thats really bad business, if it's a negotiation tactic

It's not for the fans..it's for the other teams so that a team might be more willing trade up if they believe the Chiefs will take a QB. Or if Alex was actually holding up for money (which he isn't) then it would be to leverage against him.

hooray..he can finally throw one deep ball after 8 years.

If he can throw one...then he can throw a hundred. It means you can't say "can't" without admitting an intentional disregard of facts to support your own opinions. Now you could still say he didn't do it enough...but that's a totally different claim.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I guess if you do it every play it doesn't get called. Wow!

Drives me crazy the stuff they get away with. We'd get called for it every down.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
for the fans ?

It's not for the fans..it's for the other teams so that a team might be more willing trade up if they believe the Chiefs will take a QB. Or if Alex was actually holding up for money (which he isn't) then it would be to leverage against him.

If he can throw one...then he can throw a hundred. It means you can't say "can't" without admitting an intentional disregard of facts to support your own opinions. Now you could still say he didn't do it enough...but that's a totally different claim.

Sizzle.... haters still hatin after a full season.
Drives me crazy the stuff they get away with. We'd get called for it every down.

This! It really sucks and it's quite disgusting as well
Good on Boldin for playing through it, but sheesh. That's pretty damn blatant, and galling that it goes uncalled in the 4th quarter of a championship game.
for the fans ?

Smoke screen to other teams...uhh right

but he can't throw a hundred. it it were true, that he could throw more..this one pass wouldn't stand out
The only QB's worth these huge contracts are Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees. You can agree Eli and Ben are deserving because of the 2 SB wins but they are not one the level of the other 4. All of these other above average to good QB's asking for 18-20 mill is a joke.

Originally posted by sachie23:
The only QB's worth these huge contracts are Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees. You can agree Eli and Ben are deserving because of the 2 SB wins but they are not one the level of the other 4. All of these other above average to good QB's asking for 18-20 mill is a joke.

We've consistently beat up all of these QBs unmercifully and repeatedly aside from Peyton whom we haven't played yet. Shouldn't they take a paycut as well? Sure they're HOFers but they're not winning jack by themselves. Kap is 5-1 vs those guys with the one loss being an Ahmad Brooks fluke penalty. Maybe if they took a pay cut they can afford enough help to beat a second year starter that keeps outplaying them over and over and over in the head to head match ups! Plus Tom Brady ranked behind Kap last year in both QB rating and QBR and he didn't have the added dimension of rushing for 500 yards like Kap did either. Now of course Brady had his receiving core diminished but wasn't that the knock on Kap last year as well the majority of the season? The problem is that those HOFers you mentioned asked for so much money that all these other guys want to get paid as well and as a result none of them have a team that can beat either us or SEA and they end up getting beat head to head by younger, cheaper, more mobile and more physically gifted QBs. They think too highly of themselves and can't realize that they are just pitchers and that the real athletes around them need to eat as well!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Smith has all the leverage in the world. He can set his demands high and hope the Chiefs meet them.

Otherwise, the Chiefs will be forced to franchise him (more money) or let him enter free agency and compete with teams desperate for a franchise QB (Raiders, Texans, Jaguars, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Bucs, Titans).
If I'm smith I take a modest guaranteed salary, Smith has already made tons of money at this point. I respect Smith but don't feel bad if he's under paid. He's already been overpaid from his first contract with us.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Smith has all the leverage in the world. He can set his demands high and hope the Chiefs meet them.

Otherwise, the Chiefs will be forced to franchise him (more money) or let him enter free agency and compete with teams desperate for a franchise QB (Raiders, Texans, Jaguars, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Bucs, Titans).

Smith can get $15 million easy from KC based on market and the salary cap is exploding right now. He has won more than Cutler and Romo. KC may as well pay a fair price on a 3 year deal and draft and develop in the second or third round. There ain't another Smith in FA and this draft I doubt a great QB falls into their spot in the second round
A few thoughts came to mind when I clicked on this thread.....

Saw that PFT was attributed with the story,lol I highly doubt what is being said about the situation coming from the tmz of sports reporting.

ANYONE short of the ELITE 4 QB's doesnt deserve Homo Romo money,Kap included.So if true,Capt Checkdown needs to stfu.

If it is true thats what he wants,somebody please name me a team that will pay him that if he walks when his contract is up??He actully thinks he would get that on the open market??Yea f**kin right,dude get over yourself
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on May 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone