LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

2011 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think when all is said and done Aldon and JJ will be at the top of this list.
Cameron jordan ahead of kaep???
Seahawks fan here. While I suffer no love lost on Kaepernick, I'm not homer enough to suggest Dalton is better. Better stats? Maybe. But you're comparing 3 years to 1 and 1/2. Looking at percentages, Dalton has a slightly better completion percentage, and they have the same TD percentage, but Kaepernick destroys Dalton on Int percentage. just over half as many picks pct. wise. Plus a better YPA, passer rating, and QBR. Besides which, What has Dalton done in the postseason? I believe in checking yourself in homerism, but Andy Dalton kind of sucks. BTW, I'd personally put Sherman ahead of Peterson, but not J.J. Watt.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Cameron jordan ahead of kaep???

Once again, this list is not a "Power Ranking" or Best to Worst list, its to highlight the top selections from the 2011 Draft.

Cameron Jordan had 12.5 sacks last season and was selected for his 1st Pro Bowl. He's had 21.5 sacks and 99 tackles in 3 seasons.

It's way too hard to come up with a list where different positions are compared by numerical value.
Originally posted by Maulbert:
Seahawks fan here. While I suffer no love lost on Kaepernick, I'm not homer enough to suggest Dalton is better. Better stats? Maybe. But you're comparing 3 years to 1 and 1/2. Looking at percentages, Dalton has a slightly better completion percentage, and they have the same TD percentage, but Kaepernick destroys Dalton on Int percentage. just over half as many picks pct. wise. Plus a better YPA, passer rating, and QBR. Besides which, What has Dalton done in the postseason? I believe in checking yourself in homerism, but Andy Dalton kind of sucks. BTW, I'd personally put Sherman ahead of Peterson, but not J.J. Watt.

Where do I say Dalton is better than Kaepernick? If anything I agree that Kap is a better player and would take him 10 out of 10 times in a draft. I am basing the list off of production up to today. Andy Dalton has had a pretty productive career since the 2011 draft so he saying "he kind of sucks" is innacurate IMO. I think that Dalton has hit his ceiling and I dont expect him to get much better, which will decrease his value in future years.

How would your list look?
If the 2011 was re-drafted with the information we have today, Kaepernick and Newton would go 1 and 2.
Julio should be a little higher. Sherman should be 1-3
Lmao at DeMarco Murray and Dalton being ahead of Kaep. Based on what?
Here's my crack at it. Didn't really try hard for accuracy, just a general ranking:

1. J.J. Watt
2. Aldon Smith
3. Von Miller
4. A.J. Green
5. Julio Jones
6. Colin Kaepernick
7. Richard Sherman
8. Robert Quinn
9. Cam Newton
10. Muhammad Wilkerson
11. Patrick Peterson
12. Tyron Smith
13. Cameron Jordan
14. Marcell Dareus
15. Jurrell Casey
16. Justin Houston
17. Randall Cobb
18. Mike Pouncey
19. Jordan Cameron
20. Andy Dalton
21. Nate Solder
22. Torrey Smith
23. K. J. Wright
24. Ryan Kerrigan
25. Jabaal Sheard
26. Doug Baldwin
27. Julius Thomas
28. Chris Harris
29. Jason Kelce
30. DeMarco Murray
31. Orlando Franklin
32. Kyle Rudolph
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 2, 2014 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Where do I say Dalton is better than Kaepernick? If anything I agree that Kap is a better player and would take him 10 out of 10 times in a draft. I am basing the list off of production up to today. Andy Dalton has had a pretty productive career since the 2011 draft so he saying "he kind of sucks" is innacurate IMO. I think that Dalton has hit his ceiling and I dont expect him to get much better, which will decrease his value in future years.

How would your list look?

I think people are getting confused on how you have this list set up. I get you ranked these players by production on their respected teams... But even with Kap playing 1 less year than Dalton I still put him in front of Dalton on production alone.
I don't even consider Dalton in the same tier of QB (production value) as I do Kap.

This is silly. Cam higher than Kap? Laughable list
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
This is silly. Cam higher than Kap? Laughable list

I could tolerate Cam over CK (even though I disagree).

What makes the list laughable is how high Dalton is, how low Kaepernick is, etc....on a 49er forum nonetheless.
I think Cam is too high
I'm going to attempt one more time to clear up some of the confusion over my list. Basically this is who I believe is the top 32 players that came out of the 2011 NFL Draft. I wasn't necessarily trying to create the list as a "Best to Worst" type of list.

Whenever I was doing the research and compiling the statistical data, the list was formed based off overall productivity since 2011. Now, my choice of words in the OP definitely did not make this clear and I realized as soon as the first 2-3 posts that people were going to look at this list differently than I had it organized. And for that I take the blame, the original intent of the list did not match how it took form.

When I created the thread I didn't think it would get scrutinized over the numerical values assigned to each player. I would never try to make the claim that Dalton is BETTER THAN Kaepernick (I'm a 49er fan for god's sake). I'm not trying to claim that Newton is THE BEST player to come out of the 2011 draft, but 2 Pro Bowl seasons out of 3 is a very productive start to his career.

So ignore the numbered rankings, that isn't how this list was compiled. I was making more of a general list. If someone wants to put Kap #1 or #32 I'm 100% fine with that, it really doesn't matter how they are numbered.

Originally posted by Quest4six:
I think people are getting confused on how you have this list set up. I get you ranked these players by production on their respected teams... But even with Kap playing 1 less year than Dalton I still put him in front of Dalton on production alone.
I don't even consider Dalton in the same tier of QB (production value) as I do Kap.

Exactly. Kaepernick is on a whole other level than Dalton as far as overall talent and ability is concerned, my list just makes the argument that Dalton has been very productive for a QB in his first 3 years. A player starting every game and leading his team to 3 straight Playoff appearances is something most teams would be thrilled with when they take a QB.

Same thing with Patrick Peterson, I don't think he is a better overall player than Richard Sherman. But a CB having 3 consecutive Pro Bowl seasons and selected to the First Team All Pro twice in three seasons is pretty amazing.
Share 49ersWebzone