There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is the media's fetish with the Broncos?

Peyton Manning and John Elway - the blue-eyed, conservative Republican super-duo - of course the jocks and whores in the sports media love them!
maybe Peyton's crotch
The Broncos have Peyton Manning.
Manning Manning Manning *in Jan Brady voice*
Wait, name me a couple of good defense the Broncos lit up last year
Originally posted by kronik:

It's the off season. NFL just filling dead time with nothing articles. Any team with Peyton is going to beloved in the media. Plus they did sing some nice free agents
[ Edited by lamontb on Apr 30, 2014 at 9:01 AM ]
The Broncos are like the NFL franchise version of "Dead Man Walking." They're all in because they know Manning is close to the end. They may not even get as far as they did last year and if he goes down, it's over for them this year and for a lot of years to come. And, it's only a matter of time before somebody blind-sides Manning and sends him the hospital.

The Cowgirls in Week 5.... Just Kidding. They really didn't face a real defense until the Super Bowl, that's how bad the AFC was last year.
Originally posted by Empire49:

You need a defense. Period. Even an average performance would be enough. He never got it, except one year - and he happened to win the Super Bowl that year. It wasn't a coincidence.

Last year, there's no way you can tell me the rest of the Broncos showed up in the Super Bowl. The entire team was pathetic. But hey, let's blame it all on Peyton. The other 52 guys that didn't bother to show up to the game had nothing to do with the Seahawks raping them.

I read a very insightful post on another forum that said that Peyton Manning's aura on a team is so huge that the head coach and other coaches take a backseat to him. He runs the show in Denver much the same way he did in Indy, and everything has to be his way.

So when things go wrong, who do you turn to as a player, when your QB is shellshocked? At that point your head coach is useless.

Denver really looked like they were mentally demoralized on those first few drives.

Compare that to the Patriots who courtesy of Belichick and Brady will never relent and give up. Remember that huge almost comeback they had against us? Peyton never could have pulled it off.

Such an annoying player. Meanwhile the irony is that a much less annoying player in Tom Brady is hated so much more.
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:

The Cowgirls in Week 5.... Just Kidding. They really didn't face a real defense until the Super Bowl, that's how bad the AFC was last year.

I think if they caught the early season Kansas City defense, or maybe the Bengals, those were some legit defenses.
Most people have nailed it with the Peyton love, but I would say something else factors in as well.

He's playing in a pretty weak conference and it's debatable how good his division will be this year, Chief's lost quite a few important players and I'm not sure the Chargers will be the same force - plus the Raiders are the Raiders.

So it's in the media's interest to be on his nuts because they've got a good chance at being right in predicting the Broncos will go far in the AFC. That conference and division is weak, much less of a dog fight than the NFC, so they gain credibility in predcicting the Broncos will do well, playing against worse teams. It's more about them being able to say "We told you so" than anything else. don't want people realising they know less than some fans.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
LOL @ "against Rex Grossman." As if it matters who you beat in the Super Bowl.

I guess Peyton is a guy you either love or you hate, there's no middle ground. Most people hate him on this forum, apparently.

I like how when a person's favorite team loses a game, it's always a "team" effort. When we lost with Alex, it was the whole team that lost that game. But when you hate a QB, all of a sudden, it isn't a team effort anymore - all the blame goes to that QB. Sadly, some people actually do that with Kap around here, but that's another story.

Bottom line, if Peyton had any semblance of a defense in Indi, he probably would be working on his 4th ring by now. You can call him a choke artist all you want, but the fact is they were only in that position because of Peyton in the first place. His entire team was trash without him. Look what happened to the Colts the one year he was out. Worst team in the NFL. But sure, let's ignore that and blame Peyton anytime he doesn't win the Super Bowl, as if he has had an entire team full of great players and he just single-handedly blew the whole game. Sure.

You need a defense. Period. Even an average performance would be enough. He never got it, except one year - and he happened to win the Super Bowl that year. It wasn't a coincidence.

Last year, there's no way you can tell me the rest of the Broncos showed up in the Super Bowl. The entire team was pathetic. But hey, let's blame it all on Peyton. The other 52 guys that didn't bother to show up to the game had nothing to do with the Seahawks raping them.

Although I agree that the Colts had some piss poor defensive units during his time in Indy, nobody can deny Peyton's piss poor performances in the playoffs....and that's where he gets the "choke artist" title from.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I read a very insightful post on another forum that said that Peyton Manning's aura on a team is so huge that the head coach and other coaches take a backseat to him. He runs the show in Denver much the same way he did in Indy, and everything has to be his way.

So when things go wrong, who do you turn to as a player, when your QB is shellshocked? At that point your head coach is useless.

Denver really looked like they were mentally demoralized on those first few drives.

Compare that to the Patriots who courtesy of Belichick and Brady will never relent and give up. Remember that huge almost comeback they had against us? Peyton never could have pulled it off.

Such an annoying player. Meanwhile the irony is that a much less annoying player in Tom Brady is hated so much more.

Well said. As soon as the first snap sailed over his head in the SB, you could just see the air being sucked right out the entire team.
Because the media got all butt hurt when the Super Bowl turned out completely noncompetitive with Peyton getting his ass handed to him. Their plan to manufacture another "this one's for John" type scenario was a total fail.