There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donald Trump Purchasing Bills?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24526946/donald-trump-wants-to-buy-bills-would-keep-team-in-buffalo

Lol I wonder what Bills fan must think, I would be sick if Trump bought the 9ers
Originally posted by Since07:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24526946/donald-trump-wants-to-buy-bills-would-keep-team-in-buffalo

Lol I wonder what Bills fan must think, I would be sick if Trump bought the 9ers

I hope the NFL stops this. We don't need another clown like this owning a team. It just hurts the NFL to have a guy like this hold voting power.
After watching the 30 for 30 and learning how he ruined the USFL and a long with all of the other reason to not like Trump, there's no reason he should own an NFL team. The Bills deserve better than Trump.
I think Trump was half right in all the wrong moves he made with the USFL. He saw the unlimited potential revenue a pro football league could make and he wanted the lion's share. His only mistake was moving too fast, had he kept his product off set of the NFL until they built up a strong following and flow of cash their could possibly be two pro football leagues right now. How crazy would that be? I think he learned from his mistake and now wants to redeem it. I can promise you one thing... he would get the Bills a new stadium built easily, and he would keep them in Western New York.
Running an NFL franchise is a full time job. Between his golf courses, buildings , television shows and everything else, how much time could he devote to an NFL franchise. Take a look at some of the owners running pro sports teams, I'm sure he could do as well.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,190
Then what, he signs donald sterling as the team president and renames the Buffalo Bills to the Buffalo Non-Minorities
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Running an NFL franchise is a full time job. Between his golf courses, buildings , television shows and everything else, how much time could he devote to an NFL franchise. Take a look at some of the owners running pro sports teams, I'm sure he could do as well.

It's called prioritizing and hiring help. If he buys the bills they will be his #1 priority and I'm sure he will hire the best help.
Then he'll change the helmet logo to a buffalo with a really bad comb-over.
I like the Packers system of ownership.
Originally posted by English:
I like the Packers system of ownership.

What, a "non profit" organization that scams it's fans into thinking they own the team? One where you can purchase stock in the team that nets you zero dollars or benefits. No thank you.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,422
Dude will never get approved

See his ownership of an USFL team
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by English:
I like the Packers system of ownership.

What, a "non profit" organization that scams it's fans into thinking they own the team? One where you can purchase stock in the team that nets you zero dollars or benefits. No thank you.

I'm hesitant to say I like anything about the Packers, but what's wrong with that? People paid big bucks for a brick of Candlestick, that doesn't seem like any smarter a decision than a stock in the Packers.

Their setup allows a tiny midwestern city to keep one of the most successful franchises around . The stadium is great, and the team has been run very well for a long time. Handing money over to a billionaire owner doesn't feel any better to me at the end of the day. I like Jed York and I REALLY appreciate the way they have been able to turn around the Niners but at the end of the day the absolute #1 reason the Yorks have the team is to make money.
As for the Bills/Trump I agree the NFL will want to stay as far away from him as possible. There will have to be a serious lack of any other bidders for him to get consideration. As someone who lives in Toronto I actually hope they do not move the team here. Do not want to watch games at the Skydome, do not want to pay for a new stadium, and although not a huge fan the Bills would KILL the CFL. Almost all big sponsors of the CFL are in Toronto and would move all of their dough to the Bills. 60 year league would be gone in a few seasons I think.

I have to admit the idea of him and Jerry Jones sitting in a boardroom fighting over something is appealing. Would have been even better if the 'ol Cryptkeeper Al Davis were still around.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by English:
I like the Packers system of ownership.

What, a "non profit" organization that scams it's fans into thinking they own the team? One where you can purchase stock in the team that nets you zero dollars or benefits. No thank you.

Yes, that's right - it's a NON-PROFIT which means the proceeds go to take care of the team. No billionaires' azzes to kiss. I guess some of us prefer kneeling down and asking the oligarchy for favors - you know, the old ways die hard.
[ Edited by crake49 on May 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM ]
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I'm hesitant to say I like anything about the Packers, but what's wrong with that? People paid big bucks for a brick of Candlestick, that doesn't seem like any smarter a decision than a stock in the Packers.

Their setup allows a tiny midwestern city to keep one of the most successful franchises around . The stadium is great, and the team has been run very well for a long time. Handing money over to a billionaire owner doesn't feel any better to me at the end of the day. I like Jed York and I REALLY appreciate the way they have been able to turn around the Niners but at the end of the day the absolute #1 reason the Yorks have the team is to make money.

Thank you. A few years ago, during the last strike, I kept reminding people that we don't necessarily need billionaire owners to have an NFL football league and the Packers prove that.