LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

49er Fan sues NFL over Playoff tickets

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10848148/san-francisco-49er-fan-sues-nfl-50m-seattle-seahawks-playoff-tickets

Does this guy stand a chance. I'm no expert but to me it doesn't sound legal what the Seahawks & NFL did. Good luck to this guy.
I didn't think it was legal then and still don't, it's pretty pathetic the way they walk around and boast about their fans and then pull this chickens**t move although I must say judging by the officiating I'm not surprised the NFL let them get away with it.
Well he got his name out there, which is all that this was pretty much for anyway. lol
The fact that there were still a decent amount of 49er fans (granted they had to go through stubhub and scalpers) at the game was pretty cool.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
The fact that there were still a decent amount of 49er fans (granted they had to go through stubhub and scalpers) at the game was pretty cool.

We had a lot more fans there than I would have expected. Despite the loss it was a proud moment for the faithful.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

There is always a high number of Niner fans at the Hags game. When they score we can be heard well.

This lawsuit is stupid, I have not missed a Niner game in Seattle since 2002 and I have never paid face value for a ticket. Even Hags fans have to use Stub-hub and ticket brokers.
Discrimination as a Burden on Commerce... A state has the power to regulate intrastate commerce in a field where Congress has not chosen to legislate, as long as there is no injustice or unreasonable discrimination in favor of intrastate commerce as against interstate commerce. In a Colorado case, out-of-state students at the University of Colorado sued the state Board of Regents to recover the higher costs of the tuition paid by them as compared to tuition paid by in-state residents. They contended that their classification as out-of-state students—which violated, among other things, the Commerce Clause—constituted unreasonable discrimination in favor of in-state students. The court held that the statutes that classified students who apply for admission to the state university into in-state and out-of-state students did not violate the Commerce Clause because the classification was reasonable. A state statute affecting interstate commerce is not upheld merely because it applies equally to, and does not discriminate between, residents and nonresidents of the state, as it can otherwise unduly burden interstate commerce.

The key is proving that Seattle's banning the sale of tickets to 49ers fans is an unreasonable discrimination.
[ Edited by vermonator on Apr 28, 2014 at 6:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
There is always a high number of Niner fans at the Hags game. When they score we can be heard well.

This lawsuit is stupid, I have not missed a Niner game in Seattle since 2002 and I have never paid face value for a ticket. Even Hags fans have to use Stub-hub and ticket brokers.

With all due respect sir, challenging any possible discrimination is not stupid, it is our constitutional right. It is more stupid to do nothing.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
that sucks and is b******t

oh and

even their woman are men

more like meet the 12th man jaw
[ Edited by SoCold on Apr 28, 2014 at 6:32 AM ]
Originally posted by vermonator:
With all due respect sir, challenging any possible discrimination is not stupid, it is our constitutional right. It is more stupid to do nothing.

There's no constitutional right to the purchase of NFL tickets at face value or any law that restricts a private corporation from limiting sales based on region. They simply cannot discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation.

This guy filed his suit without a lawyer so that should tell you all you need to know about the merits of the case.

Originally posted by TXHawk:
Originally posted by vermonator:

There's no constitutional right to the purchase of NFL tickets at face value or any law that restricts a private corporation from limiting sales based on region. They simply cannot discriminate based on race, religion, or sexual orientation.

This guy filed his suit without a lawyer so that should tell you all you need to know about the merits of the case.

They simply can't allow this because at any sellout sporting event this will become the common practice. It was very clever and Seattle was very intelligent to apply it. Does a fan need to sue, hell no, but his has become common practice in America.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SoCold:

oh and

even their woman are men

seahawks got a manjawina
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

Yep. That's the way of the world when there are 60k season ticket holders and only 68k seats.
Granted, there are those who sell their 'big games' in order to pay for the rest of the season (or, maybe a trip to the Super Bowl)
It isn't knew and Denver did it too. You guys probably did the same against N.Y.

oh and

even their woman are men

seahawks got a manjawina
Share 49ersWebzone