There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Last S Bowl

Ok I woulda signed CB Brandon Browner with Carlos Rogers' money and even save money, I woulda signed WR James Jones as a Big Physical WR for 3 years $9mill? Those two deals were very much in the 49er range.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We absolutely would have beat Denver, although I don't think by that big a margin. Hate to say it, but Seattle pulled off one of the finest defensive performances I've seen in the SB. They suffocated Denver's record-setting offense with a physical secondary, deep pass rush rotation, and superior team speed. Manning was not confused. Seattle runs a very basic scheme. They just physically beat down everyone on the field, and Manning was under intense pressure.

You can throw on our secondary, I don't think you can say the same about Seattle's. We've been burned by breakdowns 2 years in a row. I think that factored into the secondary overhaul we've seen this off-season. Hopefully an infusion of new talent will upgrade the unit, and we add depth to the front 7 to keep the pass rush fresh.

I feel this is VERY accurate.
we will find out what we are capable against Denver this Year... granted it wont be under the same pretense as if we would've went to the Superbowl like last year but in all we will see where we stand.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Constantine:
we will find out what we are capable against Denver this Year... granted it wont be under the same pretense as if we would've went to the Superbowl like last year but in all we will see where we stand.
i predict denver will be 500 when we play them,, a one year wonder in my opinion
We absolutely would have beat Denver, although I don't think by that big a margin. Hate to say it, but Seattle pulled off one of the finest defensive performances I've seen in the SB. They suffocated Denver's record-setting offense with a physical secondary, deep pass rush rotation, and superior team speed. Manning was not confused. Seattle runs a very basic scheme. They just physically beat down everyone on the field, and Manning was under intense pressure.

You can throw on our secondary, I don't think you can say the same about Seattle's. We've been burned by breakdowns 2 years in a row. I think that factored into the secondary overhaul we've seen this off-season. Hopefully an infusion of new talent will upgrade the unit, and we add depth to the front 7 to keep the pass rush fresh.

That is what I see. This is why I so badly want to upgrade the secondary. Just look at what the Hags did to the NFC. When the league matched them up with Denver it was like dessert to them. Yes, I feel that the 49ers would easily beaten Denver, but there would have been marked improvement in the passing game. Without Bowman there might have been some minimal defensive issues, but the Niners would have gathered number 6.

This is true, the main difference between us and Seattle is the secondary. Like others have said the AFC is soft, and Denver played the worst NFC division (NFC East) last year and now they play the NFC West.... I don't see them doing better than 2-2. I actually think 1-3 is likely.
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
This is true, the main difference between us and Seattle is the secondary. Like others have said the AFC is soft, and Denver played the worst NFC division (NFC East) last year and now they play the NFC West.... I don't see them doing better than 2-2. I actually think 1-3 is likely.

Yep and that might be just because the Rams can't score enough. If STL gets anything going the entire AFCW is in for a serious hurting. Denver is going to be seriously mistaken if they think there is a drop off from the Hags to the Niners to the Cards and the Rams, who can also get serious pressure on the QB. They are going to find out why having a mobile QB is a necessity in this division. Rivers, Manning and Schaub? LMAO. Alex is the most mobile out of all those guys and likely the only one with an idea of what to expect.

Oh my it is going to be painful (for them)
That's what happens when your only run play is an audible draw.

All Seattle had to do is play the pass every down until they got a lead.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on May 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
That's what happens when your only run play is an audible draw.

All Seattle had to do is play the pass every down until they got a lead.

They also gave the league a blueprint for beating Manning.