There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West Schedule

The divison will shake out like this;

49ers win division with anywhere from 11-13 wins.

Cards pony up second with 10-12 wins

Hawks come in third with 10-11 wins

Rams still in the cellar 8-9 wins (more likely 9 than 8)

No 49er bias, I just this team is still too young and too hungry to lose the division. It took injuries, tons of bad calls, and a rocky start to hold us to 12-4 last year. Even then we were one play from being back in the super bowl. Seattle on the other hand couldn't have had it any easier. Winning a super bowl will set them back a bit, players lost, hunger lost and egos. Cards... meh... just don't have the pedigree. I think they have guys like Fitz and Peterson who you want to root for and see succeed but I just can't see them beating us out. Rams are young and hungry and will be a threat when they get a real QB for now, until then don't expect more than a few upsets every now and again.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

No 49er bias, I just this team is still too young and too hungry to lose the division. It took injuries, tons of bad calls, and a rocky start to hold us to 12-4 last year. Even then we were one play from being back in the super bowl. Seattle on the other hand couldn't have had it any easier. Winning a super bowl will set them back a bit, players lost, hunger lost and egos. Cards... meh... just don't have the pedigree. I think they have guys like Fitz and Peterson who you want to root for and see succeed but I just can't see them beating us out. Rams are young and hungry and will be a threat when they get a real QB for now, until then don't expect more than a few upsets every now and again.

sorry but theres plenty of niner bias in there. i got no probs picking sf above seattle for 1st place, the two team are that close that it could go either way. i love how you talk about niners injuries but completely dismiss the fact that the seahawks went several games missing 3 starters on their o-line and 2 of the have been pro bowlers (unger and okung). its like the niners having to play 5 games without staley, iupati and another starter be it goodwin or davis or boone. we had crabtree get hurt, but they played most of the yr without harvin and rice. no mention of the cards #1 run D suffering this year without their 2 stud ilb's washington and dansby? at the end of the day this is a seahawks and 49ers battle for 1st place no matter how hard some of us want to be convinced that seattle is going to falter.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jul 27, 2014 at 7:38 PM ]

That's the truth. We had a ton of issues and still went 12-4. We were one HORRIFIC call (Brooks hit on Brees) away from going 13-3 and winning the division. We beat anyone in the playoffs at The Stick, Seahawks included. We were literally that close from winning a SB.
Originally posted by crabman82:
sorry but theres plenty of niner bias in there. i got no probs picking sf above seattle for 1st place, the two team are that close that it could go either way. i love how you talk about niners injuries but completely dismiss the fact that the seahawks went several games missing 3 starters on their o-line and 2 of the have been pro bowlers (unger and okung). its like the niners having to play 5 games without staley, iupati and another starter be it goodwin or davis or boone. we had crabtree get hurt, but they played most of the yr without harvin and rice. no mention of the cards #1 run D suffering this year without their 2 stud ilb's washington and dansby? at the end of the day this is a seahawks and 49ers battle for 1st place no matter how hard some of us want to be convinced that seattle is going to falter.

Agree on Seahawks over Cards, easily. I don't get the hype with AZ. I think Arians is a fantastic coach, and they may have improved the O-line, but the Defense will take a significant step back without Dansby and Washington. I'm also not a believer in Palmer. He will hold them back.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree on Seahawks over Cards, easily. I don't get the hype with AZ. I think Arians is a fantastic coach, and they may have improved the O-line, but the Defense will take a significant step back without Dansby and Washington. I'm also not a believer in Palmer. He will hold them back.

Totally agree with all that. If I was betting money I couldn't put the Cards over the Hags. Just like you said about Arians, he is a good coach, but the parts of the machine are both flawed and missing. Seattle and Frisco are just too much like each other.

I believe that it is the Niners' turn to win the division, but in 2012 it was a half game division lead for the title and then a 1 game lead in 2013. It is crazy how similar they are, both built to absorb injury, both young all over, both power teams with mobile QBs that don't rely on the pass, both nasty defenses. It is actually quite annoying that it is that way. They even won on the road, they were close games but they still did it and now they don't have as many 10am road games which I thought was their curse. The only reason I am not totally guaranteeing a Niner title is that Bowman is not going to be there for half the season, Aldon might miss a couple and Harvin isn't hurt YET.

AZ is not built like SF or Seattle, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them in 2nd place, but no way Palmer doesn't choke them out. That's not even mentioning Dansby and Washington.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
My homerism is pure organic (49ers gonna plow through this division). The draft was a statement, they didn't panic... they basically just told erryone that we are deep and just got a whole lot deeper.

Rams defense is going to be sick and as long as Bradford doesn't **** up they're tough to beat (I know it's a big if, but I believe he'll step up this year). After Harbaugh, Fisher (IMHO) is the best coach in this division.

Cawks will be in trouble. Let's not think for a second that--Packers (going in healthier than they've been in a long while), @ Redskins, @ Chiefs and @ Eagles (right after they play a physical game against us) will all be easy games... even if they win, there will be a price to pay.

I don't think they'll be as good, as fortunate or as hungry as last year (period). Starting week 11, it gets brutal, they will be begging Roger Goodell for an extra bye week after week 14 (@ Eagles)... next up 49ers, @ Cards, then Rams . Oh yeah, no more Scott McDrunk!!

About the Cards... all I gotta say is Dansby and Washington will be hard to replace!! Their offense should be better all around and (respectable staff). But that talented secondary might find life hard if the front can't put enough pressure on QBs (I think the front seven takes a step back). It's possible they lose a lot of close and high scoring games.

We're gonna kill each other... injuries will happen because $h!t happens. That being said, we got the more talented and deepest roster.

The 6th shall occur!
Originally posted by LVJay:
My homerism is pure organic (49ers gonna plow through this division). The draft was a statement, they didn't panic... they basically just told erryone that we are deep and just got a whole lot deeper.

Rams defense is going to be sick and as long as Bradford doesn't **** up they're tough to beat (I know it's a big if, but I believe he'll step up this year). After Harbaugh, Fisher (IMHO) is the best coach in this division.

Cawks will be in trouble. Let's not think for a second that--Packers (going in healthier than they've been in a long while), @ Redskins, @ Chiefs and @ Eagles (right after they play a physical game against us) will all be easy games... even if they win, there will be a price to pay.

I don't think they'll be as good, as fortunate or as hungry as last year (period). Starting week 11, it gets brutal, they will be begging Roger Goodell for an extra bye week after week 14 (@ Eagles)... next up 49ers, @ Cards, then Rams . Oh yeah, no more Scott McDrunk!!

About the Cards... all I gotta say is Dansby and Washington will be hard to replace!! Their offense should be better all around and (respectable staff). But that talented secondary might find life hard if the front can't put enough pressure on QBs (I think the front seven takes a step back). It's possible they lose a lot of close and high scoring games.

We're gonna kill each other... injuries will happen because $h!t happens. That being said, we got the more talented and deepest roster.

The 6th shall occur!

i always love comments like the bolded one above, especially in july heading into august. it literally dont mean s**t.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
i always love comments like the bolded one above, especially in july heading into august. it literally dont mean s**t.

i just hope i'm not jinxing sh!t
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Man I hear Philly is brutal on opposing fans. I think they stripped down a female DAL Cowboys fan. Disgusting. So take care out there. Just don't engage in any of the banter and just laugh it off and things should be OK. But hey, you've been there before so you know the deal

Philly fans are BY FAR the worst in all of sports. It's popular to hate on Seahawks fans right now, but truth be told, they're choir boys. Philly fans are f**king insane.

I knew all of this when I picked this game. To me, it is a pivotal game for the Rams' season. I very much want to see how they play v a great team on the road. I am going alone, will be by myself the whole weekend there. I will have just come home from 10 days work in Amsterdam and then will have climbed to the top of Mount Olympus in Greece and then relaxed a bit on an island somewhere there.

Next up: Philly as an opposing fan.

I saw how they were to the Lions fans, I have no intention of walking around in Rams gear.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Man I hear Philly is brutal on opposing fans. I think they stripped down a female DAL Cowboys fan. Disgusting. So take care out there. Just don't engage in any of the banter and just laugh it off and things should be OK. But hey, you've been there before so you know the deal

Philly fans are BY FAR the worst in all of sports. It's popular to hate on Seahawks fans right now, but truth be told, they're choir boys. Philly fans are f**king insane.

I knew all of this when I picked this game. To me, it is a pivotal game for the Rams' season. I very much want to see how they play v a great team on the road. I am going alone, will be by myself the whole weekend there. I will have just come home from 10 days work in Amsterdam and then will have climbed to the top of Mount Olympus in Greece and then relaxed a bit on an island somewhere there.

Next up: Philly as an opposing fan.

I saw how they were to the Lions fans, I have no intention of walking around in Rams gear.

Yeah, smart not to wear Rams gear lol. Also the game is in early October. Weather should still be good, no icy snowballs people can throw at you.

That's the truth. We had a ton of issues and still went 12-4. We were one HORRIFIC call (Brooks hit on Brees) away from going 13-3 and winning the division. We beat anyone in the playoffs at The Stick, Seahawks included. We were literally that close from winning a SB.

Preach. More than any team in the NFL or playing in any stadium in the NFL, the thing i'm most afraid of this year are the refs..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tondiman:
Preach. More than any team in the NFL or playing in any stadium in the NFL, the thing i'm most afraid of this year are the refs..

Troof be told... and of course, Goodell will condone it
Patrick Petersen signed through 2020. Says they gave us two wins last year. Idiot! We ran the ball down their throats last year to close out the win at the Stick. The game sealing drive was just a show of force and a sight to behold
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Patrick Petersen signed through 2020. Says they gave us two wins last year. Idiot! We ran the ball down their throats last year to close out the win at the Stick. The game sealing drive was just a show of force and a sight to behold

LOL "idiot" ... doesn't he know that if we felt they were as big a threat as the Cawks, we would try to throttle them into the dirt from start to finish... he's lucky we don't play them the way we play the Cawks.