There are 161 users in the forums

NFC West Schedule

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by RamzFanzz:
I'm not surprised by the Rams' rankings here. It's not logical though. Their schedule was the 4th toughest last season and they won 7. This season they will be better for a whole multitude of reasons. Big draft, Bradford's back, no rookies in starting O skill player spots, running game emerged, best pass rush in the NFL.

10-6 is the bottom for the Ram IMHO.


Well, he is has gotten better than last year when Rams were going 14-2 and no one could possibly stop our WRs.

He actually has some good points, he is just too disillusional to ever express them correctly. You can find him on our opponent's board each and every week spouting this same thing.

And I guarantee you that if Rams play like they should this year, he won't be able to contain himself and will be here with much much more of the same.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jul 27, 2014 at 2:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think a season of Sam being healthy and able to play get some chemistry with his weapons and the Rams having talent in the backfield will help the whole team. Now we can see where the Rams are headed at the games most important position and the decision makers can know what to do going forward. Tell me about Bradford. Is he a hard worker a quick study? I know he has talent and can make plays just based off his rookie year. Rams have come a long way talent wise since 2009 in my eye. Just the injuries to Bradford have set you guys back.

B is a complex issue. He has fans who love him blindly - and there are more excuses for his lacking performance than the number of QBs Cleveland has had. And then there are those who want him gone and think he has shown he can never produce anything. Is a divide amongst Rams' fans in general.

But since you asked me. I am neither extreme - I just want the Rams to win and a QB who can make that happen. Imo, B either plays good enough this year, or he needs to be gone. Since he was hurt last year, I give him one more chance. I also think Fisher wants to win without a strong QB, so if B can just be "good enough" that is fine for him.

As to your direct questions. Yes, B is a hard worker. There is no doubt on his work ethic, his desire or his determination. He loves and supports his team, and tries to lead. He is one of the silently very religious, Christian QBs. He took the young WRs to a week long camp to practice in OK (his college town) during their vacation time and he paid for all of it. He studies and works hard as far as I can tell, and is very serious. You won't see him in any trouble.

He has an accurate arm, and is probably more dependable on a tight throw than 20 other starting QBs in the league. As to quick study - No. I think he is learning now, but not sure his potential. As to leadership during the game - that is the intangible I've yet to see from him ever. Clemens showed it more innately last year than B did. If only we could merge the two skillsets. Injuries have set him back, yes.

This year is unknown. Maybe he has "become." I hope so, if not: done.

I also fully believe Fisher is building this team not to depend on the QB.
Originally posted by crake49:
There you are, RedAlice. You were complaining about the lack of football-related questions. Here's my question for any Rams fan:

Regarding the Rams and the buzz around them this year - why is everyone pretending that Gregg Williams is a good defensive coordinator. The last time I saw him, he was insulting his own players by implying that they had to use ugly, illegal tactics to stop a Niner offense and, in the last moments of an extremely important playoff game, putting one safety on Vernon Davis, who had been shredding his defense all day long. What's the big deal about Gregg Williams and why should any knowledgeable Niner fan worry about his defensive coordination on the Rams?

Hey Crake - nice, thank you. And, very good and quite polarizing question. Lots of divides amongst Rams fans - B, GW. Though, I think the tide has turned to the positive now on GW, though that is still to be seen when the games start.

When he was hired in 2012, all was great. Then the scandal, the firing from the Rams - most fans seemed vocal about being happy he was gone. Things have mellowed though, and he did well with the Titans last year. So, unless you are in a time capsule, it's not necessary for the last time you saw him to be that recording from the Saints or your game.

I do agree that the D he called in the NFCCG against you was just bad. Considering Rams hired him right after, I remember thinking - wtf? who is this and why?

Now, however.

1. I hate Bilicheck. I think he is the epitome of every cheating thing wrong with the NFL and especially of ugly favortism and bad ref calls at it's highest. So, I respect those who hate GW, even if I disagree. You have valid reasons, as do I.

2. Why should a Niner fan worry? Last year this Rams' D had Tim Walton as DC: Yes, nobody. Fisher was calling the plays by end of season. Last year the Rams D had a lot of talent, but could not play consistent, focus or even look like the same team from week to week. No discipline. Plus, they pretty much acted like kindergartners when the teacher isn't looking in a few games (see Panthers and Hawks). It was flat out fail and often embarrasing. That will not happen under GW, regardless of your opinion of him. He is making the calls, and he will demand much more discipline and focus than Walton did.

3. GW loves the complicated D plans (something he is often criticized for). At no other team ever has he had the talent he now does with this Rams team. And, there is no debating this raw talent that has not yet accomplished anything. I think it will be interesting to watch. And, this young talent has never really had a leader. GW is a leader and a very vocal one at that.

4. Players seem to love playing for him. He can lead. Rams D needs that. Today and yesterday, all reports out of Rams camp from both the players and the observers support this. Hopefully, he can bring this D to it's full potential.

So, I am happy he is here. I believe he was totally wrong on the bounty thing, but also believe he was the one who was "caught" and therefore made an example for the exact same thing many other teams were doing. And, this I know factually - so don't bother debating it with me. I'm glad someone was caught and that it should no longer be a part of the game now - it is a terrible thing.

If you are interested in the topic asked:

This is Matt Bowen (he played S under GW w the Skins) with a pretty fair look at what it's like to play for GW and also some fair and harsh comments on the scandal (published Oct 2013):
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1794097-the-insiders-guide-to-a-gregg-williams-defense

Yes, I know it's BR, but this is a personal account, not a stupid opinion article.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jul 27, 2014 at 3:16 AM ]
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think a season of Sam being healthy and able to play get some chemistry with his weapons and the Rams having talent in the backfield will help the whole team. Now we can see where the Rams are headed at the games most important position and the decision makers can know what to do going forward. Tell me about Bradford. Is he a hard worker a quick study? I know he has talent and can make plays just based off his rookie year. Rams have come a long way talent wise since 2009 in my eye. Just the injuries to Bradford have set you guys back.

B is a complex issue. He has fans who love him blindly - and there are more excuses for his lacking performance than the number of QBs Cleveland has had. And then there are those who want him gone and think he has shown he can never produce anything. Is a divide amongst Rams' fans in general.

But since you asked me. I am neither extreme - I just want the Rams to win and a QB who can make that happen. Imo, B either plays good enough this year, or he needs to be gone. Since he was hurt last year, I give him one more chance. I also think Fisher wants to win without a strong QB, so if B can just be "good enough" that is fine for him.

As to your direct questions. Yes, B is a hard worker. There is no doubt on his work ethic, his desire or his determination. He loves and supports his team, and tries to lead. He is one of the silently very religious, Christian QBs. He took the young WRs to a week long camp to practice in OK (his college town) during their vacation time and he paid for all of it. He studies and works hard as far as I can tell, and is very serious. You won't see him in any trouble.

He has an accurate arm, and is probably more dependable on a tight throw than 20 other starting QBs in the league. As to quick study - No. I think he is learning now, but not sure his potential. As to leadership during the game - that is the intangible I've yet to see from him ever. Clemens showed it more innately last year than B did. If only we could merge the two skillsets. Injuries have set him back, yes.

This year is unknown. Maybe he has "become." I hope so, if not: done.

I also fully believe Fisher is building this team not to depend on the QB.

Wow very Alex Smith like situation among your fan base. When Alex was our starter some people loved him, some people hated him, and the group that fell in the middle (of which I was a member) was very small. It really caused a lot of problems on this and other boards, and to this day people snipe at each other when the topic turns to our former QB.

I remember thinking Bradford was going to be a headache for years after his rookie season and then he just fell off sharply once the injuries started, which is to be expected. I was of the opinion that the Rams should have snatched one of the early 1st rounder type guys this year. With a surplus of picks like that why not?
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Hey Crake - nice, thank you. And, very good and quite polarizing question. Lots of divides amongst Rams fans - B, GW. Though, I think the tide has turned to the positive now on GW, though that is still to be seen when the games start.

When he was hired in 2012, all was great. Then the scandal, the firing from the Rams - most fans seemed vocal about being happy he was gone. Things have mellowed though, and he did well with the Titans last year. So, unless you are in a time capsule, it's not necessary for the last time you saw him to be that recording from the Saints or your game.

I do agree that the D he called in the NFCCG against you was just bad. Considering Rams hired him right after, I remember thinking - wtf? who is this and why?

Now, however.

1. I hate Bilicheck. I think he is the epitome of every cheating thing wrong with the NFL and especially of ugly favortism and bad ref calls at it's highest. So, I respect those who hate GW, even if I disagree. You have valid reasons, as do I.

2. Why should a Niner fan worry? Last year this Rams' D had Tim Walton as DC: Yes, nobody. Fisher was calling the plays by end of season. Last year the Rams D had a lot of talent, but could not play consistent, focus or even look like the same team from week to week. No discipline. Plus, they pretty much acted like kindergartners when the teacher isn't looking in a few games (see Panthers and Hawks). It was flat out fail and often embarrasing. That will not happen under GW, regardless of your opinion of him. He is making the calls, and he will demand much more discipline and focus than Walton did.

3. GW loves the complicated D plans (something he is often criticized for). At no other team ever has he had the talent he now does with this Rams team. And, there is no debating this raw talent that has not yet accomplished anything. I think it will be interesting to watch. And, this young talent has never really had a leader. GW is a leader and a very vocal one at that.

4. Players seem to love playing for him. He can lead. Rams D needs that. Today and yesterday, all reports out of Rams camp from both the players and the observers support this. Hopefully, he can bring this D to it's full potential.

So, I am happy he is here. I believe he was totally wrong on the bounty thing, but also believe he was the one who was "caught" and therefore made an example for the exact same thing many other teams were doing. And, this I know factually - so don't bother debating it with me. I'm glad someone was caught and that it should no longer be a part of the game now - it is a terrible thing.

If you are interested in the topic asked:

This is Matt Bowen (he played S under GW w the Skins) with a pretty fair look at what it's like to play for GW and also some fair and harsh comments on the scandal (published Oct 2013):
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1794097-the-insiders-guide-to-a-gregg-williams-defense

Yes, I know it's BR, but this is a personal account, not a stupid opinion article.

The Rams D should be better this season, though I still expect it to continue with mistakes and errors etc. until it learns Williams playbook and scheme. Mike Martz for example has a very technical style of offense and it usually takes him a couple seasons to install it properly. I would expect the same from a GW scheme, though Harbaugh has proven some coaches can get some amazing coaching accomplished in a short period of time.

The rams could be a really tough match-up come seasons end which is why I am thankful that we are done with them by mid season. Seattle has a brutal last 5 including the season ender vs your Rams. I am hoping that's the loss that knocks Seattle out of the playoffs.
Originally posted by WINiner:
The Rams D should be better this season, though I still expect it to continue with mistakes and errors etc. until it learns Williams playbook and scheme. Mike Martz for example has a very technical style of offense and it usually takes him a couple seasons to install it properly. I would expect the same from a GW scheme, though Harbaugh has proven some coaches can get some amazing coaching accomplished in a short period of time.

The rams could be a really tough match-up come seasons end which is why I am thankful that we are done with them by mid season. Seattle has a brutal last 5 including the season ender vs your Rams. I am hoping that's the loss that knocks Seattle out of the playoffs.

I am hoping that game doesn't even matter for the Rams.

I'm always very hopeful in July.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Wow very Alex Smith like situation among your fan base. When Alex was our starter some people loved him, some people hated him, and the group that fell in the middle (of which I was a member) was very small. It really caused a lot of problems on this and other boards, and to this day people snipe at each other when the topic turns to our former QB.

I remember thinking Bradford was going to be a headache for years after his rookie season and then he just fell off sharply once the injuries started, which is to be expected. I was of the opinion that the Rams should have snatched one of the early 1st rounder type guys this year. With a surplus of picks like that why not?

It makes many Rams fans intolerable right now. And it will never settle, as you point out - because he either will or he won't, so those on one extreme side will have to lose eventually. I pretty much cannot tolerate the Bradford lovers - they are whiny little $%&*s who won't see reason and hate all who disagree with them.
  • AmpLee
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 19,894
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Wow very Alex Smith like situation among your fan base. When Alex was our starter some people loved him, some people hated him, and the group that fell in the middle (of which I was a member) was very small. It really caused a lot of problems on this and other boards, and to this day people snipe at each other when the topic turns to our former QB.

I remember thinking Bradford was going to be a headache for years after his rookie season and then he just fell off sharply once the injuries started, which is to be expected. I was of the opinion that the Rams should have snatched one of the early 1st rounder type guys this year. With a surplus of picks like that why not?

It makes many Rams fans intolerable right now. And it will never settle, as you point out - because he either will or he won't, so those on one extreme side will have to lose eventually. I pretty much cannot tolerate the Bradford lovers - they are whiny little $%&*s who won't see reason and hate all who disagree with them.

You should PM BuZzB. He is the biggest Bradford fan on this board. Good dude.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Wow very Alex Smith like situation among your fan base. When Alex was our starter some people loved him, some people hated him, and the group that fell in the middle (of which I was a member) was very small. It really caused a lot of problems on this and other boards, and to this day people snipe at each other when the topic turns to our former QB.

I remember thinking Bradford was going to be a headache for years after his rookie season and then he just fell off sharply once the injuries started, which is to be expected. I was of the opinion that the Rams should have snatched one of the early 1st rounder type guys this year. With a surplus of picks like that why not?

It makes many Rams fans intolerable right now. And it will never settle, as you point out - because he either will or he won't, so those on one extreme side will have to lose eventually. I pretty much cannot tolerate the Bradford lovers - they are whiny little $%&*s who won't see reason and hate all who disagree with them.

You should PM BuZzB. He is the biggest Bradford fan on this board. Good dude.

You have given us great Rams insight Red. I believe Bradford can be good but he has had some of the worst luck to start a career. Remember that you guys were absolute sh** when he was drafted just like what happened to Alex. Sam deserves to get a real shot with a competent coaching staff. And just like us you've spent your draft capital on positions to build a strong team around Sam just as we did Alex. Maybe you can get a couple good years from Sam and flip him for two 2nds if you draft your guy next year! One can only hope right? Rams are definitely turning into a force though. Also what are the odds y'all move to LA?
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
You should PM BuZzB. He is the biggest Bradford fan on this board. Good dude.

I haven't seen him post - but always happy to meet reasonable Rams fans. (I do like to argue with the silly ones though). I have huge respect for Rams fans who post reasonable on other fans' boards - there are a few I keep seeing around. Actually, that goes for fans of any team.

And, there is nothing wrong with being a Bradford lover, it's the inability to see any other opinion and then get mad at and hate anyone who says a negative thing about him that is annoying.

On a side note - I think this could be the most entertaining NFL season ever if B can play some ball this year. On many levels.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You have given us great Rams insight Red. I believe Bradford can be good but he has had some of the worst luck to start a career. Remember that you guys were absolute sh** when he was drafted just like what happened to Alex. Sam deserves to get a real shot with a competent coaching staff. And just like us you've spent your draft capital on positions to build a strong team around Sam just as we did Alex. Maybe you can get a couple good years from Sam and flip him for two 2nds if you draft your guy next year! One can only hope right? Rams are definitely turning into a force though. Also what are the odds y'all move to LA?

I think this year Fisher has built up the best team that B has ever had to play around him.

O-Line looks seriously good - i'ts funny to read the camp reports because they are playing against our D front. And that D front, well. I expect that after spending all of their practice time having to defend against Quinn, Long, Saffold and the other 7 who rotate through - all other D's not in the NFC W will seem easy. (btw, Robinson has been practicing at LT and LG - surprising). This is the best O-Line B has ever had in his entire career. So, yes, he has a good opp here.

WR's, well. Hard to tell - but, Britt has been stepping up to own the leadership. He is not only teaching and encouraging the younger guys, but also creating such a vocal battle with the CBs, that he is often getting a talking to by Fisher. He might be the leader these WRs need to get something going. Regardless, though I know B loved Amendola, this is probably the best group he's had to date. (side note - Bailey is the dude. This year or next, no doubt he succeeds).

So, you are correct. And, also correct that like Smith he had to start on a bad team. I remember thinking, they should take Suh, cuz if they take Bradford he will get crippled behind our O-line in about three weeks. Well, he has done better than that.

I'm not a B hater - he has a chance to become this year.

As to LA: Here is my favorite video. I so cannot wait until they are home. Not a St. Louis fan, nor do I pretend to be. This year, I am going to Philly to see my Rams instead of St. Louis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0Dqn4eI5E

Ha - just rewatched that loved vid again. That is some great Football. Hope this young team gets up to that level again.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jul 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by RedAlice:
I think this year Fisher has built up the best team that B has ever had to play around him.

O-Line looks seriously good - i'ts funny to read the camp reports because they are playing against our D front. And that D front, well. I expect that after spending all of their practice time having to defend against Quinn, Long, Saffold and the other 7 who rotate through - all other D's not in the NFC W will seem easy. (btw, Robinson has been practicing at LT and LG - surprising). This is the best O-Line B has ever had in his entire career. So, yes, he has a good opp here.

WR's, well. Hard to tell - but, Britt has been stepping up to own the leadership. He is not only teaching and encouraging the younger guys, but also creating such a vocal battle with the CBs, that he is often getting a talking to by Fisher. He might be the leader these WRs need to get something going. Regardless, though I know B loved Amendola, this is probably the best group he's had to date. (side note - Bailey is the dude. This year or next, no doubt he succeeds).

So, you are correct. And, also correct that like Smith he had to start on a bad team. I remember thinking, they should take Suh, cuz if they take Bradford he will get crippled behind our O-line in about three weeks. Well, he has done better than that.

I'm not a B hater - he has a chance to become this year.

As to LA: Here is my favorite video. I so cannot wait until they are home. Not a St. Louis fan, nor do I pretend to be. This year, I am going to Philly to see my Rams instead of St. Louis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0Dqn4eI5E

Ha - just rewatched that loved vid again. That is some great Football. Hope this young team gets up to that level again.
Your statement on LA STL is brutally honest. LOL! Get that team winning again and free agents are gonna flock to LA!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Your statement on LA STL is brutally honest. LOL! Get that team winning again and free agents are gonna flock to LA!

Yes! Silent Kroenke just needs to finish opening up his humongous wallet. Word is now he is looking to buy the Hollywood Park next to where he just bought enough land for a stadium. We will see.

For this year, I am pretty excited to be going to watch a Philly game as an opposing fan. I went to the Philly/Detroit snow game last year and was neutral - had so much fun. Very much enjoyed the passion those fans have. Not sure what I will think this year - but, it will be an adventure.

Especially if the Rams are playing well.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jul 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Yes! Silent Kroenke just needs to finish opening up his humongous wallet. Word is now he is looking to buy the Hollywood Park next to where he just bought enough land for a stadium. We will see.

For this year, I am pretty excited to be going to watch a Philly game as an opposing fan. I went to the Philly/Detroit snow game last year and was neutral - had so much fun. Very much enjoyed the passion those fans have. Not sure what I will think this year - but, it will be an adventure.

Especially if the Rams are playing well.

Man I hear Philly is brutal on opposing fans. I think they stripped down a female DAL Cowboys fan. Disgusting. So take care out there. Just don't engage in any of the banter and just laugh it off and things should be OK. But hey, you've been there before so you know the deal
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Man I hear Philly is brutal on opposing fans. I think they stripped down a female DAL Cowboys fan. Disgusting. So take care out there. Just don't engage in any of the banter and just laugh it off and things should be OK. But hey, you've been there before so you know the deal

Philly fans are BY FAR the worst in all of sports. It's popular to hate on Seahawks fans right now, but truth be told, they're choir boys. Philly fans are f**king insane.
Share 49erswebzone