There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West Schedule

Originally posted by RamzFanzz:
I'm not surprised by the Rams' rankings here. It's not logical though. Their schedule was the 4th toughest last season and they won 7. This season they will be better for a whole multitude of reasons. Big draft, Bradford's back, no rookies in starting O skill player spots, running game emerged, best pass rush in the NFL.

10-6 is the bottom for the Ram IMHO.

Are you RamzFanz from last season?
Rams have a lot of talent for sure BUT Bradford and the WRs have to get their acts together and actually start resembling a functional and productive offense to roll out 10 wins this season. I will pencil you in for 2 losses though...of course to the 49ers!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Rams have a lot of talent for sure BUT Bradford and the WRs have to get their acts together and actually start resembling a functional and productive offense to roll out 10 wins this season. I will pencil you in for 2 losses though...of course to the 49ers!

You and everyone else wants to see IF the Rams can play consistent football. I am waiting to see. Would LOVE to pick up a win v Niners.

As to the poster above, i'm very curious. RamZFanZ has singularly gone around insulting other fans's boards and made his home on the two Ram boards who love homers.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jul 22, 2014 at 12:32 AM ]
Originally posted by RedAlice:
You and everyone else wants to see IF the Rams can play consistent football. I am waiting to see. Would LOVE to pick up a win v Niners.

As to the poster above, i'm very curious. RamZFanZ has singularly gone around insulting other fans's boards and made his home on the two Ram boards who love homers.

I think a season of Sam being healthy and able to play get some chemistry with his weapons and the Rams having talent in the backfield will help the whole team. Now we can see where the Rams are headed at the games most important position and the decision makers can know what to do going forward. Tell me about Bradford. Is he a hard worker a quick study? I know he has talent and can make plays just based off his rookie year. Rams have come a long way talent wise since 2009 in my eye. Just the injuries to Bradford have set you guys back.
There you are, RedAlice. You were complaining about the lack of football-related questions. Here's my question for any Rams fan:

Regarding the Rams and the buzz around them this year - why is everyone pretending that Gregg Williams is a good defensive coordinator. The last time I saw him, he was insulting his own players by implying that they had to use ugly, illegal tactics to stop a Niner offense and, in the last moments of an extremely important playoff game, putting one safety on Vernon Davis, who had been shredding his defense all day long. What's the big deal about Gregg Williams and why should any knowledgeable Niner fan worry about his defensive coordination on the Rams?
Originally posted by crake49:
There you are, RedAlice. You were complaining about the lack of football-related questions. Here's my question for any Rams fan:

Regarding the Rams and the buzz around them this year - why is everyone pretending that Gregg Williams is a good defensive coordinator. The last time I saw him, he was insulting his own players by implying that they had to use ugly, illegal tactics to stop a Niner offense and, in the last moments of an extremely important playoff game, putting one safety on Vernon Davis, who had been shredding his defense all day long. What's the big deal about Gregg Williams and why should any knowledgeable Niner fan worry about his defensive coordination on the Rams?
I think he used to be with Jeff back in TEN. They were pretty good and he did help Sean Payton win a chip in NO
Gregg Williams' last three Saints defenses were 13th, 7th and 20th in points allowed respectively. Those last two are not bad, but it's certainly not genius defensive coordination especially when you consider that offenses playing the Saints were often stuck sitting on the sidelines while the potent Saints offenses were running up and down the field. I'm just wondering why there is all this happy-talk about the effect Williams is going to have on the Rams this year.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think he used to be with Jeff back in TEN. They were pretty good and he did help Sean Payton win a chip in NO

Right. He was with Jeff Fisher in Tenn. for four years. One year he had the #2 defense and the other three it was 12, 12 and 15. I'm just saying I think there is a little hype surrounding this coach without the substance to back it up. And, I can't get over the way he completely face-planted in the Saints playoff game against the Niners. I know high school coaches who wouldn't make the mistake of single safety coverage on V. Davis in the red zone at the end of a game like that.
Originally posted by crake49:
Gregg Williams' last three Saints defenses were 13th, 7th and 20th in points allowed respectively. Those last two are not bad, but it's certainly not genius defensive coordination especially when you consider that offenses playing the Saints were often stuck sitting on the sidelines while the potent Saints offenses were running up and down the field. I'm just wondering why there is all this happy-talk about the effect Williams is going to have on the Rams this year.

i'm sure you've followed this league long enough to realize that sometimes guys live off of a reputation from yester year. how many years is a guy like marvin lewis going to live off of the reputation of being the ravens DC in 2000? at the end of the day, its july the season of optimism, especially for the non playoff teams and homer fans are just gonna homer.
I may be biased on the Gregg Williams thing. You see, I think he's a psychopath. I think he's a bad, bad guy. And furthermore, I don't think he's that smart. He's obviously not smart enough to understand what a horrible show of respect for your own players it is to coach them to take cheap shots and knock opposing players out of a game.
Originally posted by crake49:
I may be biased on the Gregg Williams thing. You see, I think he's a psychopath. I think he's a bad, bad guy. And furthermore, I don't think he's that smart. He's obviously not smart enough to understand what a horrible show of respect for your own players it is to coach them to take cheap shots and knock opposing players out of a game.

i think we'd be pretty foolish to assume he was the only DC coaching with those type of tactics. he is the one who got caught for it. i dont think its any DC's job to say tackle him but do it nicely. the message is more of hit that f**ker and hit him hard.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think we'd be pretty foolish to assume he was the only DC coaching with those type of tactics. he is the one who got caught for it. i dont think its any DC's job to say tackle him but do it nicely. the message is more of hit that f**ker and hit him hard.

Maybe you didn't actually read and/or hear the tapes. He was talking about specifically going for the heads and the knees. I really don't think most coaches stoop that low. That's over the line and that's why the NFL suspended him indefinitely. There's a huge difference (at least in my mind) between coaching to hit hard and coaching to go for injuries or go for the head. That' crosses the line in my mind into criminal behavior. I think the guy has already proven that he's no better than a street thug.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think we'd be pretty foolish to assume he was the only DC coaching with those type of tactics. he is the one who got caught for it. i dont think its any DC's job to say tackle him but do it nicely. the message is more of hit that f**ker and hit him hard.

Maybe you didn't actually read and/or hear the tapes. He was talking about specifically going for the heads and the knees. I really don't think most coaches stoop that low. That's over the line and that's why the NFL suspended him indefinitely. There's a huge difference (at least in my mind) between coaching to hit hard and coaching to go for injuries or go for the head. That' crosses the line in my mind into criminal behavior. I think the guy has already proven that he's no better than a street thug.

i really think you're under estimating what level defensive coaches in particular will stoop to. i know what williams did and what evidence was recorded, i dont think its any different than a lot of other coaches do. of course he got caught so he is the fall guy.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i really think you're under estimating what level defensive coaches in particular will stoop to. i know what williams did and what evidence was recorded, i dont think its any different than a lot of other coaches do. of course he got caught so he is the fall guy.

I hear you, and you may be right, but I hope you're wrong.
Originally posted by RamzFanzz:
I'm not surprised by the Rams' rankings here. It's not logical though. Their schedule was the 4th toughest last season and they won 7. This season they will be better for a whole multitude of reasons. Big draft, Bradford's back, no rookies in starting O skill player spots, running game emerged, best pass rush in the NFL.

10-6 is the bottom for the Ram IMHO.