There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West Schedule

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Nobody plays the Patriots?

They always get an easy schedule. Their 2011 Super Bowl team beat 0 teams with a winning record in the regular season. And only one in the playoffs (Ravens).
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:

They always get an easy schedule. Their 2011 Super Bowl team beat 0 teams with a winning record in the regular season. And only one in the playoffs (Ravens).

its their division and thats all. right now 14 of the 16 opponents are already determined for the 2015 season for every team. there is no special treatment they are getting. they play in a rather soft division that has been that way for about 15 years and play in the conference that isnt as deep, so when they play non-divisional afc teams they're still getting some weaklings.
Originally posted by crabman82:

its their division and thats all. right now 14 of the 16 opponents are already determined for the 2015 season for every team. there is no special treatment they are getting. they play in a rather soft division that has been that way for about 15 years and play in the conference that isnt as deep, so when they play non-divisional afc teams they're still getting some weaklings.
Yes I know how the schedule works. But they play in a division with 3 stooges...

Yes I know how the schedule works. But they play in a division with 3 stooges...

and its been back firing on them for over a decade. never ready for playoff ball when the time comes.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
you need to learn the definition of prime time games. both the new orleans game and green bay game were 1:25pm starts. those arent prime time. sure those can be 10am games that were moved back to 1 pm, but they arent prime time games.

I was going from memory on the 2012 schedule. Knew there were some games that were simply moved out of the early slot for whatever reason but couldn't remember which ones.

By the way, Seattle has had 10 games the last two years. I wonder why they have never been moved from 10:00am to 1:15pm like they do for you guys? Probably just another coincidence like playing 10 games at 10:00am to your 5 that last couple years or playing Thursday night football in your house again even though TNF has the lowest win percentage of any prime time game for the away team and we just did it two years ago or playing you this year at the very end of the schedule instead of the beginning when your still trying to get your secondary dialed in and Bowman back on the field or playing a gauntlet of NFC west teams at the end of the season year instead of spread out like your schedule or a week 4 bye instead of a week 8 bye like you guys.

Pretty amazing how all these coincidences seem to coincidentally go in your favor. But that's ok. You guys said we would never be able to overcome our schedule last year and we did just fine. Another tough schedule just makes the victory that much sweeter.

It's because your team is in a small market and the networks will prefer to draw the fourth largest market in the county, so they will schedule the 49ers on a Sunday game played on the east coast as close as possible to the "normal" playing time of 1.00 p.m. PST, as this is when the Bay Area tunes into the games.
Originally posted by LVJay:
I can see Rams winning 5 home games... they can't go 0-8 on the road, can they?

CAWKS definitely WILL lose at least 5 road games. They're not going undefeated at home this year. They'll be REAL LUCKY to be an 8th seed and I really doubt they make it to the playoffs this year. And that's not just my Pure-Organic-Homerism talking.

1. 49ers- 16-0 ( the only way they don't go undefeated is if they decide NOT TO)

2. Cards- 10-6 (this time they make it to the playoffs)

3. Cheaderrall- 9-7 or 8-8 (not just the curse, but the 13th man's contract ends this year!!).

4. Rams- 7-9 (better luck next year... really).

The Rams will be one of the surprise teams in the NFL this year. If they get anything from Bradford they will compete for the division title. They are adding two first rounders this year to a roster that already has a lot of young talent.

I think we are all being a bit optimistic about the 49ers chances this year. Bowman is out for half the season. A. Smith may be gone for an extended period. We have significant holes in the secondary. Gore is another year older and Lattimore is unproven. Kap needs to take a step forward. We have a tough schedule.
you need to learn the definition of prime time games. both the new orleans game and green bay game were 1:25pm starts. those arent prime time. sure those can be 10am games that were moved back to 1 pm, but they arent prime time games.

I was going from memory on the 2012 schedule. Knew there were some games that were simply moved out of the early slot for whatever reason but couldn't remember which ones.

By the way, Seattle has had 10 games the last two years. I wonder why they have never been moved from 10:00am to 1:15pm like they do for you guys? Probably just another coincidence like playing 10 games at 10:00am to your 5 that last couple years or playing Thursday night football in your house again even though TNF has the lowest win percentage of any prime time game for the away team and we just did it two years ago or playing you this year at the very end of the schedule instead of the beginning when your still trying to get your secondary dialed in and Bowman back on the field or playing a gauntlet of NFC west teams at the end of the season year instead of spread out like your schedule or a week 4 bye instead of a week 8 bye like you guys.

Pretty amazing how all these coincidences seem to coincidentally go in your favor. But that's ok. You guys said we would never be able to overcome our schedule last year and we did just fine. Another tough schedule just makes the victory that much sweeter.

Cue the twilight zone music......
  • Phil
Rams brought in Kenny Britt who was with Jeff Fisher in Tennessee. From what I've read they have a "close" relationship and Kenny has his personal life together so the Rams passing game, with Austin heading into his second year, might improve. Robinson on the o-line should also help. They still should have drafted a WR early in this years draft or brought in another FA. Their defense got better with the draft (Joyner) so that, and another year of experience for their young D should give them a boost. Tre Mason is also a very decent RB they picked up in the third round. It's all on Bradfords shoulders now. For me, it's about them being able to beat Seattle, which they can do defensively. If Britt can step it up and if Austin can play the role Hilton played with the Colts then Seattle is in trouble. They should take a look at Santonio Holmes if only to give Austin more chances to get open. They simply needed more passing game weapons and didn't really fill that hole in my opinion, they're going after the strong D/strong running game formula. We'll see what Bradford does with Britt, Austin, Givens, Pettis and Brian Quick.

As we know Arizona lost their best defensive player for a year suspension -Washington. They have the same issue in my eyes. They need speed at the WR position to beat Seattle. They brought in Ted Ginn and drafted a speedster in John Brown. Drafted a big TE in Niklas who should be threat in the middle of the field, which they also lacked. Arizona is in a better position than the Rams, offensively, with Fitz, Floyd, Ginn and Brown. If they didn't lose Washington they'd be in much better shape, obviously. Looks like Arizona has the hardest schedule though. I'm only focused on them beating Seattle and think they can/will with the offensive additions.
  • Phil
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I can see Rams winning 5 home games... they can't go 0-8 on the road, can they?

CAWKS definitely WILL lose at least 5 road games. They're not going undefeated at home this year. They'll be REAL LUCKY to be an 8th seed and I really doubt they make it to the playoffs this year. And that's not just my Pure-Organic-Homerism talking.

1. 49ers- 16-0 ( the only way they don't go undefeated is if they decide NOT TO)

2. Cards- 10-6 (this time they make it to the playoffs)

3. Cheaderrall- 9-7 or 8-8 (not just the curse, but the 13th man's contract ends this year!!).

4. Rams- 7-9 (better luck next year... really).

The Rams will be one of the surprise teams in the NFL this year. If they get anything from Bradford they will compete for the division title. They are adding two first rounders this year to a roster that already has a lot of young talent.

I think we are all being a bit optimistic about the 49ers chances this year. Bowman is out for half the season. A. Smith may be gone for an extended period. We have significant holes in the secondary. Gore is another year older and Lattimore is unproven. Kap needs to take a step forward. We have a tough schedule.

I agree the Cards and Rams are going to be tougher this year and that our season pretty much relies on Kap stepping up his game early when Aldon and Bowman are out, also, I agree our cornerbacks have a question mark over their heads going into the season. With Arizona, to win, we simply need to score off the turnovers/ints Palmer will give up. If no turnovers then score early and run them into the ground with Gore. Take advantage of Washington's absence and run right at them. Keep in mind they also lost Karlos Dansby to the Browns. That's like the Niners losing both Patrick Willis and Bowman. Arizona is going to be weaker against the run this season. If we can score early and run on them for the remainder it should be a win. Their pass attack is the real threat now.

Rams dont have a passing attack that will be a threat to our "questionable" cornerbacks. It all depends on what sort of year Bradford has and if their running game can be effective against our D. The Niners haven't had a hard time with the Rams the past 2 seasons so I dont see much changing that. Cardinals are more of a threat. Our offense needs to be able to "sling it" with the Cards passing attack or keep their passing game limited by running/keeping Palmer off the field.
[ Edited by Phil on Jul 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:

It's because your team is in a small market and the networks will prefer to draw the fourth largest market in the county, so they will schedule the 49ers on a Sunday game played on the east coast as close as possible to the "normal" playing time of 1.00 p.m. PST, as this is when the Bay Area tunes into the games.

Very good insight! Looking at their market, it does seem small.
I'm still not ready to sip the Rams Kool aid. IMO, even that def is suspect. They're excellent pass rushers but they're all allergic to playing the run. Maybe the young d t's will help but their linebackers suck and Chris long is beyond over rated. He makes elite de money and isn't much more than a pass rushing de. He should be able to set the edge and be better against the run. He's right up there with clay Mathews.
  • Phil
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I'm still not ready to sip the Rams Kool aid. IMO, even that def is suspect. They're excellent pass rushers but they're all allergic to playing the run. Maybe the young d t's will help but their linebackers suck and Chris long is beyond over rated. He makes elite de money and isn't much more than a pass rushing de. He should be able to set the edge and be better against the run. He's right up there with clay Mathews.

Just did the season schedule prediction thing and have the Rams at 6-10 lol Just looking at my results I'd probably fudge it around a bit:

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/
I'm not surprised by the Rams' rankings here. It's not logical though. Their schedule was the 4th toughest last season and they won 7. This season they will be better for a whole multitude of reasons. Big draft, Bradford's back, no rookies in starting O skill player spots, running game emerged, best pass rush in the NFL.

10-6 is the bottom for the Ram IMHO.
Originally posted by RamzFanzz:
I'm not surprised by the Rams' rankings here. It's not logical though. Their schedule was the 4th toughest last season and they won 7. This season they will be better for a whole multitude of reasons. Big draft, Bradford's back, no rookies in starting O skill player spots, running game emerged, best pass rush in the NFL.

this is not logical either. you might want it to be true but you cant say for sure. you're just going to have to accept that until you actually do something most people arent going to believe it.
Originally posted by RamzFanzz:

If they were playing in any other division, yes. But the NFCW is brutal. To say 10-6 is the bottom is almost guaranteeing a playoff birth for this team. Given the past few years, I don't think they've shown enough to warrant such confidence.

I'll give you the pass rush is great but the back-end has to be better, both LBs and Secondary. Offense still has big question marks at QB and skill positions. Brandford is back, but is he good enough? You could make the case he's the worst starting QB in the division. He's certainly not as accomplished as Wilson, Kap, or even Palmer.

I could see the Rams going 10-6, but I could also see them going 6-10. I really don't know what to expect this year.