There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West Schedule

At NFL headquarters, four men and 40 computers work for 70 days, sifting through a half-million possibilities. The MMQB pulls back the curtain on the process, the roadblocks they had to navigate and why Seattle dodged a road swing from hell

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/24/making-of-2014-nfl-schedule/
Originally posted by LVJay:
I can see Rams winning 5 home games... they can't go 0-8 on the road, can they?

CAWKS definitely WILL lose at least 5 road games. They're not going undefeated at home this year. They'll be REAL LUCKY to be an 8th seed and I really doubt they make it to the playoffs this year. And that's not just my Pure-Organic-Homerism talking.

1. 49ers- 16-0 ( the only way they don't go undefeated is if they decide NOT TO)

2. Cards- 10-6 (this time they make it to the playoffs)

3. Cheaderrall- 9-7 or 8-8 (not just the curse, but the 13th man's contract ends this year!!).

4. Rams- 7-9 (better luck next year... really).

I believe anyone playing the AFC west has a chance to run the gauntlet. Every team in the NFCW has tough as nails defense. Hawks have some great players in the wings just like your 9ers. I'm excited to see Lattimore and Michaels run for each team. They are the future and I'm hoping this season both teams put them on display. I see it as this

1. 49ers 13 -3 They clearly had the better off season and didn't lose a star player.

2. Hawks 10 - 6 Due to pretty much a new o line learning

3. Rams 9 - 7 Would be more if they could get a good QB.

4. Cards 9 - 7 Again another QB problem.

The NFCW is playing a lot of prime time games this year. Still I believe SEA and SAN have the pass rush to stop our NFCW rivals and mop up the AFCW. Hawks and Niners D-Backs is what make us so special. It allows us to rush 4 and still get pressure. I believe this is your year NINERS. Don't f**k it up. I have good money put up that the NFCW wins the Super Bowl this year. All b******t aside I'll be rooting for any of our division teams if my Hawks get eliminated. Which I think will happen at Levi.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
I believe anyone playing the AFC west has a chance to run the gauntlet. Every team in the NFCW has tough as nails defense. Hawks have some great players in the wings just like your 9ers. I'm excited to see Lattimore and Michaels run for each team. They are the future and I'm hoping this season both teams put them on display. I see it as this

1. 49ers 13 -3 They clearly had the better off season and didn't lose a star player.

The NFCW is playing a lot of prime time games this year. Still I believe SEA and SAN have the pass rush to stop our NFCW rivals and mop up the AFCW. Hawks and Niners D-Backs is what make us so special. It allows us to rush 4 and still get pressure. I believe this is your year NINERS. Don't f**k it up. I have good money put up that the NFCW wins the Super Bowl this year. All b******t aside I'll be rooting for any of our division teams if my Hawks get eliminated. Which I think will happen at Levi.

All 4 teams with a winning record...has that ever happened before? Not sure it's possible, unless the rest of the NFL is incredibly weak.
To be honest none of the schedules within our division look difficult. I expect the NFC west to dominate the league again this year with an even more ridiculous W/L ratio than in 2013.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:

so let me get this straight... you are a Seahawks fan that believes that the Niners are going to win 13 games and that the Seahawks will only win 10? That's very charitable and I really hope that is accurate, but I have to respectfully disagree and predict a single game separates the two once again. The offseason isn't even half over yet. Arizona might have a dog in the fight, but I will not be the least bit surprised if they get swept by both SF and Seattle. The Rams? LOL.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
so let me get this straight... you are a Seahawks fan that believes that the Niners are going to win 13 games and that the Seahawks will only win 10? That's very charitable and I really hope that is accurate, but I have to respectfully disagree and predict a single game separates the two once again. The offseason isn't even half over yet. Arizona might have a dog in the fight, but I will not be the least bit surprised if they get swept by both SF and Seattle. The Rams? LOL.

I have to be realistic considering Harvin and Rice tend to get a little hurt. Tate is gone and he was our go to guy. It I'm wrong and I'm hoping I am, these guys can stay on the field. To the poster thinking that we all can't have winning seasons look at the division most of our teams will be playing. All teams in the NFCW had great defenses. That alone will carry them through the AFC teams. All our division teams can rush the QB, but only the 9ers and Hawks have the RB and QB that can slip away and make big plays. I truly believe that the 9ers are like my Hawks a year ago. We lost in ATL but the league saw what we were about. That NFCCG could have gone either way. Our last stretch of games is TOUGH. I believe your team has the best shot in the end. Kaep is not fazed by the noise anymore and he takes us on at the end of the schedule. Not too hard to think the 9ers come up and beat us the lock up the division. We all speculate, but I just try to be more realistic than my fellow fans.
Well isn't this some poop?!

It appears the NFL really does not want Seattle to win in SF. Or really at all.

2012:
Game 1) Seattle hosted New England then traveled to SF for a short week Thursday night game.
Game 1) SF hosted NYG then hosted Seattle on the short week.

Game 2) Seattle traveled to Canada to play Buffalo at 10:00 a.m. then hosted SF for a Sunday night game.
Game 2) SF traveled to New England played the Sunday night game on the East Coast, then travelled to Seattle for the Sunday night game.

2013:
Game 1) Seattle traveled to Carolina for a 10:00 a.m. game then hosted SF on a Sunday night game.
Game 1) SF Hosted Green Bay then at Seattle on a Sunday night.

Game 2) Seattle hosted MNF then traveled to SF again on a short week for them.
Game 2) SF hosted St. Louis then hosted Seattle.

2014:
Game 1) Seattle hosts Arizona then travels to SF for a Thursday night game on a short week for the 3rd year in a row.
Game 1) SF hosts Washington then hosts Seattle on Thursday night.

Game 2) Seattle plays at Philly then hosts SF
Game 2) SF plays at Oakland (big travel day) then plays at Seattle

Now I realize I'm on a 49er board, and I don't honestly believe there's a conspiracy afoot. But it seems crazy that for 3 years in a row San Francisco plays a home game the week before they host Seattle on a short week.

Meanwhile in the other game, Seattle plays away in a 10:00 a.m. game the week before they host SF 3 years in a row?

It's getting a little one sided.
[ Edited by maltz88 on Apr 24, 2014 at 4:05 PM ]
Originally posted by maltz88:

2012:
Game 1) Seattle hosted New England then traveled to SF for a short week Thursday night game.

Game 2) Seattle traveled to Canada to play Buffalo at 10:00 a.m. then hosted SF for a Sunday night game.
Game 2) SF traveled to New England played the Sunday night game on the East Coast, then travelled to Seattle for the Sunday night game.

2013:
Game 1) Seattle traveled to Carolina for a 10:00 a.m. game then hosted SF on a Sunday night game.

2014:
Game 1) Seattle hosts Arizona then travels to SF for a Thursday night game on a short week for the 3rd year in a row.

Now I realize I'm on a 49er board, and I don't honestly believe there's a conspiracy afoot. But it seems crazy that for 3 years in a row San Francisco plays a home game the week before they host Seattle on a short week.

Meanwhile in the other game, Seattle plays away in a 10:00 a.m. game the week before they host SF 3 years in a row?

I saw this as well, I thought it was funny we get Seattle on their short week
Then we "travel" to Oakland to play some CFL team
Then we go up to Seattle. That works out well for us
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 24, 2014 at 4:12 PM ]

2012:

2013:

2014:

i stopped reading at the bold. that game was a 1pm start. make sure your facts are indeed facts before posting.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i stopped reading at the bold. that game was a 1pm start. make sure your facts are indeed facts before posting.

I stopped reading at the bolded part.

I stopped reading at the bolded part.

cool for you. still sad i know when your teams games start and you dont.

I don't think that's really sad. We're just talking about football.

If you look closely, that wasn't the only game I listed the time wrong on. The site I originally used had Buffalo in 2012, as well as the Philly game this year as a 10:00 game, but it's actually a 1:25 game as well.

The time wasn't my point though, it was primarily that 3 years running, Seattle has a short week going in to SF.

Please fact check me on that one too. But don't feel sad about it.

I don't think that's really sad. We're just talking about football.

If you look closely, that wasn't the only game I listed the time wrong on. The site I originally used had Buffalo in 2012, as well as the Philly game this year as a 10:00 game, but it's actually a 1:25 game as well.

The time wasn't my point though, it was primarily that 3 years running, Seattle has a short week going in to SF.

Please fact check me on that one too. But don't feel sad about it.

seems like u guys want it both ways. i've seen complaining about the lack of prime time games at home and the overall number especially for a super bowl champ. when you play prime timers aside from SNF you're gonna be on a short week. thursday games are what they are, a short week for both teams. you've been @ home prior to both of the thursday games and the travel is very minimal down to nor cal. essentially you guys are hanging on to the fact that you had to play the saints on mnf then travel to sf on the following sunday. thats what happens when you play prime timers. more than anything just seems you guys as trying to grasp at something cus you havent won in sf since sing kicked VD off the field.
N
seems like u guys want it both ways. i've seen complaining about the lack of prime time games at home and the overall number especially for a super bowl champ. when you play prime timers aside from SNF you're gonna be on a short week. thursday games are what they are, a short week for both teams. you've been @ home prior to both of the thursday games and the travel is very minimal down to nor cal. essentially you guys are hanging on to the fact that you had to play the saints on mnf then travel to sf on the following sunday. thats what happens when you play prime timers. more than anything just seems you guys as trying to grasp at something cus you havent won in sf since sing kicked VD off the field.

I personally don't want it both ways at all.

I HATE primetime games. They suck for traffic and parking, they make work the next day suck, etc. etc. My preference would be to have them play every Sunday at 1:00. Period.

As I said in my first post, I don't think there's a conspiracy afoot, it just seems odd that for 3 straight years the Games in SF have been on a short week for Seattle the week after SF had a home game.

You don't agree that SF playing a home game the week before they host Seattle and Seattle having a short week every trip is a pretty big advantage to SF?

It is just something teams have to deal with, such as the 10:00 games, etc. But as they keep expanding the primetime slots, it makes these teams schedules ridiculous. And they start to build in advantages and disadvantages to teams that sometimes don't even out.

I know I'm alone in this, but I'd get rid of every primetime game except maybe the Sunday night games.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Funny, I read the same line of BS last year from Seattle fans crying about 10 am starts. They had no problem the 2 years prior when the Niners had I believe 5 10 AM start games each year in 2011 and 2012, the most of any West coast team. Happens to Seattle and all of a sudden it's unfair.