There are 414 users in the forums

NFC West Schedule

Shop 49ers game tickets
Arizona-

Rams-

Seattle-

ESPN takes on schedules-
Rams-
The pressure will be on the Rams to bring a 3-0 record into the Week 4 bye. The next eight weeks feature seven opponents from the 2013 playoffs, with the lone exception being the 10-6 Cardinals. Although the schedule softens a bit after Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl champions are looming in the season finale.

Cardinals-
The three-game stretch heading into the Week 9 bye will make or break the Cardinals' season, with grueling matchups against the superpowers of the NFC in the 49ers, Seahawks and Falcons. The schedule lets up significantly in the second half of the season, only to close with back-to-back rematches with the stacked rosters of Seattle and San Francisco.

Seattle-
The Super Bowl champions will be taking everyone's best shot in 2014, starting with a trio of tough matchups (Packers, at Chargers, Broncos) to open the season. The Seahawks have a grueling stretch to close out the season as well, with road games at San Francisco, Philadelphia and Arizona in addition to home tilts with the 49ers and Rams.

My takes-
Rams-
This is a better team than a lot of people give them credit for. It stinks being the last team in the NFC west (arguably the best division in the NFL) and because of that they fly under the radar. They have a "good" defense, personally I think this team is a couple good players (and a QB) from being a playoff team. But with the way the other teams are playing they might have to wait awhile.

I see them going 5-11, that mid season stretch for them, between week 6-11 is BRUTAL. Good luck

Cardinals-
These guys surprised me last year. I thought when they picked up Palmer that they were going to be the bottom of the divsion, turns out I was wrong. With a playoff run ending in the fashion that I did for them last year I expect this team to come out with a bang (hopefully with a new RB as well). I feel their success is going to depend on how the draft goes this year, if they find some defensive playmakers they will be dangerous.

I see this team going 8-8, I don't trust Palmer to get it done for them, not to mention those last 6 games should be tough (minus Atlanta)

Seattle-
First off, be warned this might be a biased take. I don't expect Seattle to have the defensive power that they did last year. Not to mention I'm betting that some offensive coordinator out there has been spending this off season trying to figure out how to take apart their secondary. Hopefully he figures it out after Sherman signs that contract I've been hearing about. Realistically, this schedule seems somewhat tough... I don't expect them to win the division this year though.

I see this team going 12-4, I have them losing to us twice , then to the Broncos (hopefully), and in KC/Car (I think they will lose one of those)

I also posted this thread as a way to discuss NFC West teams schedules, not to bash or talk about conspiracy crap like I've seen on other forums.

Final Standings

1. 49ers- 13-3
2. Seattle- 12-4
3. Cards- 8-8
4. Rams- 5-11
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM ]
Gosh, STL has a BRUTAL stretch in the 1st half of the season
@ the rest the NFCW for their week 4 bye's
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Did you mean mid-season?
I'm confused
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Did you mean mid-season?
I'm confused

Yes, that was confusing .... up to week 10
First off...
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
First off...

Just noticed that, thanks lol
I'm writing an essay for my theoretical physics class as well so I got a little scatter-brained.
Hopefully that doesn't show up too much
Seattle is not going 14-2, lol. I think the every team but the Rams all has a shot at 12-4 being enough to win the division. The NFC West is being showcased to all of America against primetime-brand opponants, this happens when a division is as competitive as ours.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Seattle is not going 14-2, lol. I think the every team but the Rams all has a shot at 12-4 being enough to win the division. The NFC West is being showcased to all of America against primetime-brand opponants, this happens when a division is as competitive as ours.

Jesus I need to proof-read, I meant to put 12-4 like it says under my take on them. (also why I had them in 2nd for the NFC west, 14-2 would put them in 1st)

I don't think the Cards have a shot of being 14-2, I don't trust Palmer at all and their running game just took a hit with Mendenhall leaving.
Seattle has a week 4 bye then 4 away games in their last 7 match ups. We'll see how they hold up.

Edit: Actually, The Tards and Lambs also have week four byes. Works out great for us.
[ Edited by NinerGod on Apr 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I can see Rams winning 5 home games... they can't go 0-8 on the road, can they?

CAWKS definitely WILL lose at least 5 road games. They're not going undefeated at home this year. They'll be REAL LUCKY to be an 8th seed and I really doubt they make it to the playoffs this year. And that's not just my Pure-Organic-Homerism talking.

1. 49ers- 16-0 ( the only way they don't go undefeated is if they decide NOT TO)

2. Cards- 10-6 (this time they make it to the playoffs)

3. Cheaderrall- 9-7 or 8-8 (not just the curse, but the 13th man's contract ends this year!!).

4. Rams- 7-9 (better luck next year... really).
Niners 14-2
Seahawks 12-4
Cards 10-6
Rams 8-8
Originally posted by LVJay:
I can see Rams winning 5 home games... they can't go 0-8 on the road, can they?

Maybe, they have a very tough schedule...
The only games I have them winning (in chronological order)
1. Vikings
2. Bucs
3. Chargers
4. Raiders
5. Redskins

(yes, I realize this means they go on an 8 game losing streak. I just can't see them beating any teams in those weeks)

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners 14-2
Seahawks 12-4
Cards 10-6
Rams 8-8

Interesting take on the 10-6 cards and the 8-8 Rams...
What games do you feel they will win?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Maybe, they have a very tough schedule...
The only games I have them winning (in chronological order)
1. Vikings
2. Bucs
3. Chargers
4. Raiders
5. Redskins

(yes, I realize this means they go on an 8 game losing streak. I just can't see them beating any teams in those weeks)

Interesting take on the 10-6 cards and the 8-8 Rams...
What games do you feel they will win?

Rams (wins), Viqueens, Buccs and Cowgirls (first 3 games). Raiders, Cards, Giants (at home). Somewhere in between, one of those other teams are gonna sleep on Rams... giving them their 7th win.

Cards (wins), Chargers and Giants. Deadskins, Gaiders, Sheagles. From wk 9 to wk 16 they can win five of those eight match-ups (I'll let you decide)

CAWK suckers (losses), at Chargers, at Panthers, at Chiefs. From wk 13 to wk 17, they'll lose three out of five. Somewhere in between, they'll find another loss or two, making them 9-7 or 8-8.

This team will face the curse that everyone thought the Niners were gonna face after their visit to the SB. Their off season is less than impressive, so far. The inner crap is already starting--Scotty bouncing, Willow ditching wife before big contract (talks), injuries are gonna effect their depth (not as deep as last season), 13th man's contract expired, etc...
Originally posted by WINiner:
@ the rest the NFCW for their week 4 bye's

This is huge. We play 7 games, then bye, then 9. Seattle plays 3, bye then 13 straight. Good luck with the grind hawks.
Share 49ersWebzone