LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Trade for Mark Ingram

Shop 49ers game tickets
Absolutely ridiculous. Gore at 30 is still Pro Bowl caliber and Ingram has been a bust. /thread
He is, and never will be, as good as Gore. Man......how do people not appreciate him after all this time? He is on the decline, but if you watch football you know Ingram couldn't carry Gores jock.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yes, just what we need. Another running back.
We should trade for an over rated running back every year until lattimore's contract is up.
Pass on that.
I could MAAAYBE see trading James for Ingram straight up.

Saints need a Sproles replacement. James doesn't want to be here and isn't getting used.

Hard to say which back has more value. James has looked better than Ingram to me, but Ingram was a more highly valued draft pick.

You could argue that Ingram fits the 9ers system better than the Saints, and vice versa for James....

Look what you did, you just made me talk myself into it....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I could MAAAYBE see trading James for Ingram straight up.

Saints need a Sproles replacement. James doesn't want to be here and isn't getting used.

Hard to say which back has more value. James has looked better than Ingram to me, but Ingram was a more highly valued draft pick.

You could argue that Ingram fits the 9ers system better than the Saints, and vice versa for James....

Look what you did, you just made me talk myself into it....

Now this would be interesting...if we couldn't get a draft pick in return for James. Would be better to get something for James than nothing and Ingram would be something, although I don't think the Saints would trade him for James straight up. As of now, it looks like Ingram would have more upside for the future.
Lattimore is the biggest reason why the niners arent looking at any notable running backs. Unless he sucks, we wont be looking at rbs for a while.
A 4th? My lord, maybe a future 7th
Gore, Hunter, James and Lattimore ...plus Jewel Hampton in pre season ...we are stacked at RB , but I can still see us bringing in another RB for camp competition , maybe we grab one with our 6th round pick ...Maybe??? ...but we could still find some value at RB in the later rounds , remember, Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick ....a 4th for Ingram is too much

Originally posted by dhp318:
A 4th? My lord, maybe a future 7th

Haha this. I don't hate the idea of acquiring Ingram, but a 4th is WAY too high for a guy who has done almost nothing as a pro. Hell, I think even LMJ for Ingram straight up would be a bad deal. LMJ for Ingram + a 6th would work for me.
No.
Yes. We need trade James for Ingram. We need him because he is stone his armor heavy and boom run to hits the people off. Gore is very good to run and find a win games. Then go James trade to ingram please..
Wtf. Mark ingram is not even good. Hes an avvvvvvverage back. And if he does pop a 8 yard run, he talks like hes unstoppable going back to the huddle.

No thank you.
Ok. If gore is will get injured when he is getting a little too old. So Ingram can learn from him when gore played it for games. If ingram wanted to work hard how successful to run and win games.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on May 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone