LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Rams are giving up a $100k if you can guess their schedule

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just in case you are feeling lucky, gotta entertain the losing fan base:

http://www.stlouisrams.com/schedule/guess-our-games.html
[ Edited by RedAlice on Apr 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM ]
I'm in.
Funny how they leave the options open for thursday/monday night and bye for Week 17......

I entered.

You know week 17 is NFC west opponent. This year, I think it's them at Levis.
If I win I'll donate it to baalke so he can sign some over priced "elite" free agents to keep the niner talk/free agency peeps happy. Or he can spend it on aldons future bailouts
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Funny how they leave the options open for thursday/monday night and bye for Week 17......

I entered.

i was just gunna say. i bet 70% of clueless fans don't know this and will be eliminated immediately
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
oh man, wouldn't it be sweet if a niner fan won it?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I entered.

you also know it wont be in seattle week 17 as they've ended their last 2 seasons there
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I bet they play the Cardinals/Seahawks/49ers twice
Originally posted by jrg:
I bet they play the Cardinals/Seahawks/49ers twice

And the Raiders/Broncos/Chiefs/Chargers Once too.
I chose MNF vs Denver and TNF vs Seattle, at Seattle.

What if I just predict the outcome of each game instead? Here's my guess:

L
L
L
L
L
L
L
L
L
L
T
L
L
L
L
L

Final Record: 0-15-1

I'd prefer a one time, lump sum payment. Thank You.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM ]
For anybody that is taking this even a tad seriously.....

This competition is rigged to protect the Rams.

Guessing the schedule in games 1-16 would be HARD all by itself. If they made it as simple as that, it's hard to say if anybody would win.

Now you throw in the bye. That alone kills your chances a bit more.

Finally, you have to pick Thur/Sun/Mon......lol. Only thing that keeps that reasonable is that the Rams probably only have 1 MNF, and obviously 1 TNF. Good chance both are divisional. No guarantee though.

However, you still have to every single one.

I think this is harder than NCAA bracket, and most lotteries. I'll be shocked if somebody wins this. Somebody could be off by one game and that would be amazing, and it's no better than getting every single week wrong!

I wonder why the Rams ownership went easy on us and didn't ask to differentiate Sunday choices for 1/4/8 PM EST games.

The best part is for such overwhelming odds, you get a very weak payout.....$70k after taxes??!

Lastly, has anybody ever accurately predicted W/L/T week to week in a full NFL season?

Imagine if somebody predicted our 2012 season with the Vikings losses and Rams loss & tie?
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:59 AM ]
Picking a perfect regular season record of 16 games where all you need to do is select W/L/T each game with no need to worry about random schedules....would be somewhere between:

(1/3) ^ 16 = .0000023%
(1/2) ^ 16 = .0015%

Of course that's purely generic, like if you gave that to a total non football fan. The reality is it's not 33 or 50% for every pick for the informed fan.

But the unpredictability of the NFL is what guarantees that those odds stay freaking low.

You might want to point to choosing the records of dominant teams like 49ers, Seahawks to help the odds....but almost without fail, the losses are almost always the surprise losses.

Last season:
Panthers @ 49ers
Cardinals @ Seahawks

2012 season:
49ers @ Vikings
49ers vs. Rams
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Seahawks @ Rams

Even in the good ole dynasty days, you still had tough ones. '94 49ers had that Eagles game, '89 49ers loss to Packers at home.

Who could have predicted a perfect Patriots season in 2007?

And also, you never know when teams will take week 17 off.

A $100k prize for picking a perfect season IMHO is just, and somebody should offer it. Somebody tweet Jed or Irsay.

Even the Rams should offer it. They are by far the most unpredictable team in the league!
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Apr 16, 2014 at 3:13 AM ]
I think Week 1 they will be at home vs. Tards, Week 17 on the road vs. Niners. I also notice the NFL won't let a team go more than 3-4 weeks without playing a divisonal game, and no more than 2-3 games on the road or at home. Also week 17 evey game is on Sunday, and week 1 we can pretty much book it that they won't open the season on Thursday. Also bye weeks stop at week 10 correct? And I may be wrong but don't Thursday night games top at week 15?
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Of approximate 30,000 people who tried to predict Rams exact schedule for $100K, nobody came close. 4 people got 4 weeks in a row. That's it

Share 49ersWebzone