There are 179 users in the forums

Mike Williams to Buffalo - WARNING: sarcasm epicentre

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Mike Williams is done as a receiver but he still could've had value to us.

Why not try him at strong safety? Whitner is gone and we need a replacement. He has great hands (interceptions) and speed (pass defense). I'm sure under Tomasula he could learn to tackle too (if Okoye can learn to, why can't Williams?).

He also could've potentially played linebacker while Bowman is out. I like him as an outside linebacker because I think he would bring nice pressure to the quarterback. Tank, Justin Smith, Aldon and Mike Williams all rushing at once... wow!

Like I said, we do well at bringing players in and teaching them new roles. Instead of a 6th round pick on a specimen like Williams we instead throw it away on Gabbert. Awful.

Gabbert will make a great tight end.
not a bad idea. vernon has hands of stone and tends to vanish in big games .
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
love the new thread title.

I do as well. I leave the 'zone for a few days and come back to this. Absolutely incredible.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
For f**ks sake, this guy was the 49ers ticket to winning the Superbowl and Baalke blew it. Stupid, stupid Baalke, acquire an old, broken down Boldin but not a young stud receiver, time to fire him and get a real GM, I wonder what Terry Donahue is up to these days?

lolol
Originally posted by CWin4949:
I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

You fail to acknowledge that this team hasn't proven capable of drafting wide receivers.

Crabtree was obvious and fell into their laps. Other than that? Nothing. Patton looks promising, but we don't know how he'll turn out.

I'm not saying we should have traded for Williams here, but it isn't as simple as opting for the draft and getting a player that is as good or better. You act as though these college players are sure things.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'd rather give Patton the opportunities.

im down with that too but the more competition we have the better. williams is a young dude too.
Originally posted by Empire49:
I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

You fail to acknowledge that this team hasn't proven capable of drafting wide receivers.

Crabtree was obvious and fell into their laps. Other than that? Nothing. Patton looks promising, but we don't know how he'll turn out.

I'm not saying we should have traded for Williams here, but it isn't as simple as opting for the draft and getting a player that is as good or better. You act as though these college players are sure things.

Well, the team hasn't really tried drafting wide receivers as other than an afterthought. The draft remains a lottery. Just take an occasional high pick at that position and the odds are against you.
Williams will be the MVP of the league this year - no doubt!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Williams will be the MVP of the league this year - no doubt!

........ as his team sweeps all before them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Season over we didn't trade for Williams......

Jeezus, ridiculous over reaction. I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

Some of you guys need to get back to the Nowin/Scotty Mac era and then find TB and get on your knees and whistle dixie over and over and over and over again and THANK him for being smart enough to pass on a guy like Williams when in a month we will have drafted at least 2 better options to fill our WR needs.

relax. everyone in here is being sarcastic

...... except Susweel.

Personal attack

I demand you warn yourself at once.
Originally posted by susweel:

Jeezus, ridiculous over reaction. I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

Some of you guys need to get back to the Nowin/Scotty Mac era and then find TB and get on your knees and whistle dixie over and over and over and over again and THANK him for being smart enough to pass on a guy like Williams when in a month we will have drafted at least 2 better options to fill our WR needs.

...... except Susweel.

Personal attack

So how does saying that you were not being sarcastic equate to a personal attack?

This guy could've been the next Ashley Lelie but our GM is worthless
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

do not remind me,, we rued the day we gave up on ashley. if we could have kept together just a quarter of the 2004 and 2005 teams.. when JH took over,, we would have won the super bowl,,BOOK IT, in hindsight
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Youngone:

do not remind me,, we rued the day we gave up on ashley. if we could have kept together just a quarter of the 2004 and 2005 teams.. when JH took over,, we would have won the super bowl,,BOOK IT, in hindsight

Two words....Mike Rumph
With such a reasonable salary like his and the never ending work he does in the public eye, How can we afford NOT to have this dynamo of the grid iron and highway?
[ Edited by Rathmanator on Apr 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

...... except Susweel.

Personal attack

So how does saying that you were not being sarcastic equate to a personal attack?

you saying I dont understand sarcasm thats basically implying Im dumb.

personal attack

warn yourself now.
Share 49ersWebzone