There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Williams to Buffalo - WARNING: sarcasm epicentre

• sfout
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/04/report-bills-acquire-mike-williams-for-a-sixth-round-pick/

Merge if it already exists. But damn, talk about a bad couple of weeks. Get stabbed and then sent to Buffalo. Kinda makes me wish we had snapped him up but oh well.

James Walker of ESPN.com reports that the Bills have sent a sixth-round pick to the Buccaneers in exchange for Williams' services. PFT has confirmed the trade pending Williams' physical with the Bills.

Williams grew up in Buffalo and stayed in upstate New York to attend college at Syracuse University. Williams played for Bills head coach Doug Marrone at Syracuse until Williams left the team during the 2009 season, Marrone's first at the school.

Outside of Vincent Jackson, the Bucs really don't have anybody because who cares about Luis Murphy. This makes it highly likely we see them take a WR in the first 2 rounds now IMO.
[ Edited by English on Apr 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
our front office let another get away. more proof that top tier guys are avoiding us
Originally posted by cciowa:
our front office let another get away. more proof that top tier guys are avoiding us

Baalke bombed another situation to get us the superbowl!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stunder49:

agree.seattle is signing their coach and reloading and we pass up a chance like this to upgrade. amazing

agree.seattle is signing their coach and reloading and we pass up a chance like this to upgrade. amazing
And take on a 40 mil contract? Why is it so hard to understand that we don't pay outside players like that.
Trading for a dude like Williams isn't Baalke's MO. Not sure why you guys still get surprised when we pass on situations like this.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

And take on a 40 mil contract? Why is it so hard to understand that we don't pay outside players like that.
This!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I'm not in anyway saying we "missed on somebody". Just saying that he's a talented player and can have his head on straight. 2014 his base salary is $1.2M before it jumps back up in the $5M range.

Could've easily restructured the deal and made it work. Obviously he isn't a speed player otherwise we may have considered it, given we were considering a more expensive player in Desean.

I'm just surprised the Bucs are doing this. Now to start wondering who they take in the draft to replace him
IMO this guy isn't worth his salary, not sure why people are upset we didn't trade for him.
Season over we didn't trade for Williams......

Jeezus, ridiculous over reaction. I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

Some of you guys need to get back to the Nowin/Scotty Mac era and then find TB and get on your knees and whistle dixie over and over and over and over again and THANK him for being smart enough to pass on a guy like Williams when in a month we will have drafted at least 2 better options to fill our WR needs.

this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

lol.. even vets with all the red boxes filled up
  • sfout
  • Veteran
lol at everybody assuming I'm freaking out when I expressly said "kinda makes me wish we had snapped him up". I don't know how much more casual I could be about saying hey a half decent player is available for a 6th rounder, too bad he's not what we need/overpaid because at that level of a trade he could've been worth it.
I'd rather give Patton the opportunities.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Season over we didn't trade for Williams......

Jeezus, ridiculous over reaction. I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

Some of you guys need to get back to the Nowin/Scotty Mac era and then find TB and get on your knees and whistle dixie over and over and over and over again and THANK him for being smart enough to pass on a guy like Williams when in a month we will have drafted at least 2 better options to fill our WR needs.

relax. everyone in here is being sarcastic