There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pete Carroll signs extension with Seahawks

Originally posted by Kaep2ShermanPick:
Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster held back by inept coaching.

Pete Carroll inherited a 4-12 roster loaded with crap and in 4 years turned it into a Super Bowl champion.

But yeah.. Harbaugh definitely has had a better coaching tenure!

Yeah you Hawks fans have a great team. Your forum kicks anybody out who says anything negative about your team; you fans literally kick wheelchair-bound fans of other teams down the stairs, laugh about it and don't even offer to help the injured fan get back up; you fans threw food at Navarro Bowman while he was getting carted off the field in the NFCCG; your team has bought off officials; your players get away with cheating... yeah, Carroll sure is the better coach - NOT! The NFCCG was lost by the 49ers due to the corrupt bribed officials, and there is video proof of that! Go back to your pantywaist forum and leave us here alone (that goes for all Hawks fans - you really are a disgusting lot)..
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Yeah you Hawks fans have a great team. Your forum kicks anybody out who says anything negative about your team; you fans literally kick wheelchair-bound fans of other teams down the stairs, laugh about it and don't even offer to help the injured fan get back up; you fans threw food at Navarro Bowman while he was getting carted off the field in the NFCCG; your team has bought off officials; your players get away with cheating... yeah, Carroll sure is the better coach - NOT! The NFCCG was lost by the 49ers due to the corrupt bribed officials, and there is video proof of that! Go back to your pantywaist forum and leave us here alone (that goes for all Hawks fans - you really are a disgusting lot)..
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by dj43:
Carroll certainly earned the raise/extension. He rebuilt the roster from junk to Super Bowl winner. He is a personable, friendly guy that players love to play for. In addition, he is candid and well-spoken with the media which gives him a little leeway in the press.

Jim Harbaugh's agent is watching closely, however, he can't make the same case as Carroll. Though Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster and began winning right away, he hasn't yet added the ring that fans and ownership want. His winning record alone is not enough to put him at the same level as Carroll financially.

No offense, but how did Harbaugh inherit a "loaded roster" that failed to make the playoffs until he arrived?

I keep hearing this, yet no one has put forth a logical argument to defend it.

Yup. People act like we were a super bowl team before JH arrived. All consistently bad teams have "stacked rosters" but they still suck because their coaches suck.

No. Tell that to the Raiders and Jags Fans.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by dj43:
Carroll certainly earned the raise/extension. He rebuilt the roster from junk to Super Bowl winner. He is a personable, friendly guy that players love to play for. In addition, he is candid and well-spoken with the media which gives him a little leeway in the press.

Jim Harbaugh's agent is watching closely, however, he can't make the same case as Carroll. Though Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster and began winning right away, he hasn't yet added the ring that fans and ownership want. His winning record alone is not enough to put him at the same level as Carroll financially.

No offense, but how did Harbaugh inherit a "loaded roster" that failed to make the playoffs until he arrived?

I keep hearing this, yet no one has put forth a logical argument to defend it.

Yup. People act like we were a super bowl team before JH arrived. All consistently bad teams have "stacked rosters" but they still suck because their coaches suck.

No. Tell that to the Raiders and Jags Fans.
Tell that to lions, jets, cowboys, tampa bay, kc, panthers, cardinals. All teams that sucked for years until they got a good coach or teams who are stuck with a s**t coach and a good roster

Oh there are examples of it I agree. I just assumed that when you wrote "ALL", you meant it.
FOH

All Pete did was kiss referee ass,get away with roided up players,copy our style,sign our ex players for intel etc.
Oh and that inverted sound booster known as the twelfth man.

Pete will get outed years later but then leave right before the shti goes down like he did USC.
If the Chiefs can pay Andy Reid elite coaching money to coach them I expect the Niners to do the same. There's no cap on coaches and no reason to play the nickel and dime game. It's an absolute joke if he's not given an extension before the year begins.

Good for Carroll and I get a Super Bowl winner is going to get more but this is a lousy battle to fight. You're not going to find a better coach, no coach has ever won a ring with 2 different squads so even if we were to land Bill Belichek there's a strong chance we'll be worse off.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM ]
Could this be the least surprising headline of the offseason?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kaep2ShermanPick:
Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster held back by inept coaching.

Pete Carroll inherited a 4-12 roster loaded with crap and in 4 years turned it into a Super Bowl champion.

But yeah.. Harbaugh definitely has had a better coaching tenure!

Can I get a link to the Video proof?

If you really believe this then why would you even bother watching the NFL anymore?
Originally posted by tab420:
If you really believe this then why would you even bother watching the NFL anymore?

Actually, I have toned down my watching. I no longer get NFL Game Pass and I am very disheartened with the way refs decide games and there is no recourse against corrupt officiating. But I love the 49ers and that keeps me connected, to a point. However, I may well lose my patience if this garbage officiating isn't addressed soon.

I am really sorry. I cannot locate the link but will keep looking. It was an 11 minutes video that outlined the obvious - and some not so obvious - incidents in which the officials screwed the 49ers.
Cheaters do prosper, 6 GUYS busted with PED/BANNED SUBSTANCES. And dude gets a new deal, why no NFL Investigation. ???
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Cheaters do prosper, 6 GUYS busted with PED/BANNED SUBSTANCES. And dude gets a new deal, why no NFL Investigation. ???

Mostly from his bread and butter position, the DB.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Oh and that inverted sound booster known as the twelfth man.

Pete will get outed years later but then leave right before the shti goes down like he did USC.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Lets be honest. Carroll cheated his way into the NFL. Ever heard of Reggie Bush?
He did build a solid team at USC, part of that was done against the rules but hey? Why worry if a desperate team like seattle is willing to look past that and throw you an nfl contract? no big deal

Harbaugh took over a team that was 6-10. Key pieces didn't start performing until after Harbs.

I get you Hawk fans started watching football and you don't know what has happened up until now...
But please stop falling into that stereotype, its hard to call you a fan base when such mindless posting happens