LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Pete Carroll signs extension with Seahawks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I haven't ever seen so many insecure fans in my life.

I have....
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

I have....

Originally posted by Rathmanator:

I have....

Texas A&M?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm 100% certain JH will get his deal.

I'm 100% certain this is based on speculation.
Sure it's speculation.

Based on excellent performance, turning around a franchise that was stuck in irrelevance, and a potential to win multiple Super Bowls.

I love that kind of speculation.
  • dj43
Carroll certainly earned the raise/extension. He rebuilt the roster from junk to Super Bowl winner. He is a personable, friendly guy that players love to play for. In addition, he is candid and well-spoken with the media which gives him a little leeway in the press.

Jim Harbaugh's agent is watching closely, however, he can't make the same case as Carroll. Though Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster and began winning right away, he hasn't yet added the ring that fans and ownership want. His winning record alone is not enough to put him at the same level as Carroll financially.
Originally posted by dj43:
Carroll certainly earned the raise/extension. He rebuilt the roster from junk to Super Bowl winner. He is a personable, friendly guy that players love to play for. In addition, he is candid and well-spoken with the media which gives him a little leeway in the press.

Jim Harbaugh's agent is watching closely, however, he can't make the same case as Carroll. Though Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster and began winning right away, he hasn't yet added the ring that fans and ownership want. His winning record alone is not enough to put him at the same level as Carroll financially.

No offense, but how did Harbaugh inherit a "loaded roster" that failed to make the playoffs until he arrived?

I keep hearing this, yet no one has put forth a logical argument to defend it.
Originally posted by baltien:

No offense, but how did Harbaugh inherit a "loaded roster" that failed to make the playoffs until he arrived?

Yup. People act like we were a super bowl team before JH arrived. All consistently bad teams have "stacked rosters" but they still suck because their coaches suck.
I can't stand the guy with his plastic "nice guy" routine and how he celebrates extra hard when the refs hand him a victory, and not to mention the culture of rule-breaking that seems to follow him but.....he's winning games and that's all that really matters.

That said, congrats to Pete Carroll and his chin. They have much to celebrate.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup. People act like we were a super bowl team before JH arrived. All consistently bad teams have "stacked rosters" but they still suck because their coaches suck.

No. Tell that to the Raiders and Jags Fans.

Originally posted by ECLaloosh:

Alright.. That's just about enough out of you. Don't be using me for notation or anything like that to make a Seahag argument. Don't support me, don't thank me, don't acknowledge me, nothing. I shed a little potential reality, and now I am considered equal to a Hags fan and my Niner loyalty has been under scrutiny because you keep using the "even that guy says it" comment.

Gimme a break, STFU and don't ever reference me again Hags fan.

Actually, f.k it, I don't care. Go ahead. I can only handle it for a day or so anyways then I am quickly reminded that I do not have time for this stuff.
  • dj43

It is a two-part deal, obviously, but just look at the players that contributed to that first year under Harbaugh. Their was great quality there. Singletary was HORRIBLE. The contrast to Harbaugh was huge. A dozen or so coaches around the league could have won 10+ games with that talent.

If you recall, the 49ers were the sexy NFC West pick that last Singletary year. Many pundits picked them to win 10+ games. You don't get that level of notoriety if you don't have talent on the team.

It is a two-part deal, obviously, but just look at the players that contributed to that first year under Harbaugh. Their was great quality there. Singletary was HORRIBLE. The contrast to Harbaugh was huge. A dozen or so coaches around the league could have won 10+ games with that talent.

If you recall, the 49ers were the sexy NFC West pick that last Singletary year. Many pundits picked them to win 10+ games. You don't get that level of notoriety if you don't have talent on the team.

Good point. We can't give too much credit to Harbaugh, I mean he's good, but Brian Billick could've taken our team to the playoffs after Sing.
Pete wins but there are always questions after the fact. When the USC program fell apart he had his ticket for Seattle ready just as the sanctions came. Did Pete ever address the sanctions or is he Mr. Teflon. All of the suspensions during his time in Seattle due to the use of banned drugs and Pete gives the impression he had no idea what was going on. Finally an opinion that is purely fan based, the performance of his players. They seem to be frothing at the mouth in a frenzy, these are pros not high school kids. How are they so "up"? Are they ahead of the curve with medication? Does Pete hypnotize them to achieve that state? Pete always gets out of town before the sheriff appears on the scene.
Originally posted by KID9R:

Originally posted by KID9R:

Tell that to lions, jets, cowboys, tampa bay, kc, panthers, cardinals. All teams that sucked for years until they got a good coach or teams who are stuck with a s**t coach and a good roster
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone