There are 192 users in the forums

Pete Carroll signs extension with Seahawks

Shop 49ers game tickets
I know one person at 4949 Centennial Blvd, Santa Clara who is paying close attention.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/04/pete-carroll-gets-contract-extension-with-seahawks/
Carroll was one year ahead of Harbaugh in the NFL, so Harbaugh has a chance to match Carroll by winning it all in year 4 .

Harbaugh unquestionably has had a better year 1-3, but still needs to win a Super Bowl.

If he can do so this season, he'll be able to name his price next offseason.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Carroll was one year ahead of Harbaugh in the NFL, so Harbaugh has a chance to match Carroll by winning it all in year 4 .

Harbaugh unquestionably has had a better year 1-3, but still needs to win a Super Bowl.

Carroll already has previous NFL head coaching experience with the Patriots and Jets as well.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran

Not that it matters because both are obviously top tier head coaches, but Carroll gutted the team he inherited and rebuilt it from the ground up in just 4 years. The only people still on the team from 2009 are Ryan the punter, Unger the center and Mebane on the DL.
[ Edited by JoRo on Apr 4, 2014 at 5:20 AM ]
Originally posted by JoRo:
Not that it matters because both are obviously top tier head coaches, but Carroll gutted the team he inherited and rebuilt it from the ground up in just 4 years. The only people still on the team from 2009 are Ryan the punter, Unger the center and Mebane on the DL.

And yet he is 62 yo and has been an NFL coach much longer than Harbaugh. Carroll is now a champion but he did not tear the league up at his first stop like Harbaugh has. In 2011 Harbaugh reminded the entire NFL that defense and running the football still remains supreme. Midseason 2011 Carroll followed suit and took the ball away from Jackson and gave it to Lynch. SEA started playing in similar fashion as us. Prior to Harbaugh, the league consensus was that this is a passers league but Harbaugh and now SEA has changed that! Even PIT and BAL had drifted away from the formula. SF brought it back and it sickened me to see a division rival follow suit. It worked so congrats to Pete and his club
I'm 100% certain JH will get his deal.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
And yet he is 62 yo and has been an NFL coach much longer than Harbaugh. Carroll is now a champion but he did not tear the league up at his first stop like Harbaugh has. In 2011 Harbaugh reminded the entire NFL that defense and running the football still remains supreme. Midseason 2011 Carroll followed suit and took the ball away from Jackson and gave it to Lynch. SEA started playing in similar fashion as us. Prior to Harbaugh, the league consensus was that this is a passers league but Harbaugh and now SEA has changed that! Even PIT and BAL had drifted away from the formula. SF brought it back and it sickened me to see a division rival follow suit. It worked so congrats to Pete and his club

Um, no. Carroll's philosophy hasn't changed at all from USC. He began building a team based around a balanced offense with a strong running game and a fast, physical defense from day one, a full year before Harbaugh was hired. The Seahawks had already acquired Lynch, Thomas, Sherman, Wright, Browner, Chancellor, Thurmond, Maxwell, Smith, Okung, and Tate before Harbaugh ever coached his first pre-season game with the 49ers. Carroll never made any secret that his intention was to build a team that could run the ball and was more physical than its opponents on both sides of the football and it was based on this philosophy that he and John Schneider began rebuilding the roster. He also wrote a book in 2010 detailing his coaching philosophy called Win Forever and that's the template he has followed in coaching the Seahawks.

Carroll was nearly 60 when he was hired by the Seahawks, had been coaching for decades in the NFL and college and knew exactly how he wanted to build an NFL team if given another chance. He didn't need to be reminded of anything by Jim Harbaugh, much less that running the football and a strong defense was important for success. Harbaugh had more early success only because he took over a roster that already had most of its key pieces in place. Carroll and Schneider took over a team with an aging, undersized roster that was one of the worst in the league and blew it up and rebuilt it from scratch and still won a Super Bowl before Harbaugh was able to.
[ Edited by TXHawk on Apr 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM ]
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m Seahawks gave HC Pete Carroll a new three-year agreement.
he deserves it!

Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster held back by inept coaching.

Pete Carroll inherited a 4-12 roster loaded with crap and in 4 years turned it into a Super Bowl champion.

But yeah.. Harbaugh definitely has had a better coaching tenure!

Originally posted by Kaep2ShermanPick:

Harbaugh inherited a loaded roster held back by inept coaching.

Pete Carroll inherited a 4-12 roster loaded with crap and in 4 years turned it into a Super Bowl champion.

But yeah.. Harbaugh definitely has had a better coaching tenure!

It took CArrol 8 seasons and three tenure's to win one. Harbaugh is better.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM ]
Carroll deserves it. He did after all build the Dark Empire from scratch and won a Super bowl. Harbs needs to win so he can get more.
Hahaha man I swear these guys must go everywhere and defend their team over ever single post.

Relax, you guys won yours. My post was specifically meant to show how Carroll's extension will eventually factor into how Harbaugh and his extension will go down.
Hahaha man I swear these guys must go everywhere and defend their team over ever single post.

Relax, you guys won yours. My post was specifically meant to show how Carroll's extension will eventually factor into how Harbaugh and his extension will go down.

Shows how insecure those phay___s are...

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:

Shows how insecure those phay___s are...

I haven't ever seen so many insecure fans in my life.
Share 49ersWebzone