LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Kyle Rudolph: self-proclaimed best TE in the league

Shop 49ers game tickets
"Me." This was his response to a question at a charity event today - who's the best TE in football. He considered himself on par with Graham, Vernon, Gronk & Witten. Whoa there big fella, you can put down the crackpipe.
dont smoke crack, kyle
Nothing wrong with that. But damn be realistic young blood.
Best all around TE Is VD. Blocking,speed,and hands he's the best
Originally posted by ninerjok:
"Me." This was his response to a question at a charity event today - who's the best TE in football. He considered himself on par with Graham, Vernon, Gronk & Witten. Whoa there big fella, you can put down the crackpipe.

Someone's been editing their Madden player characteristics I see............
he is a solid red zone target , but a top 5 TE? ...not yet
Who?
What is he supposed to say? I'm the 9th best TE
I really don't think anyone is taking him serious.
It's called self confidence, nothing wrong with that. It's not like he's a complete slouch and with Ponder as his QB for the past few years he def has room to grow.

he did win the pro bowl mvp 2 years ago. no way he is the best in the league, but hes in the top 10 and if you're in the top 10 as an athlete you gotta side with yourself. i'll never understand why comments like this bug people so much, samething with power rankings.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Apr 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM ]
I just hope McDonald can end up being as good as Kyle.

Rudolph straight killed us that year in Minnesota. He has the potential to be as good as all the other top tight ends. He just needs a QB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Full context he literally said he thought he was right up there with "Graham, Gronk, Witten, and Vernon"....

Here is the full quote

"There's a ton of talented tight ends in our game," Rudolph said, via the Pioneer Press. "You have guys that play at a high level, like Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten and Vernon Davis. But I would put myself up there with them. I feel as a tight end, it's extremely important to be a guy that can contribute in the running game and also in the passing game."

IMO that is a slight against Witten and Vernon in the order he named them. Because Vernon and Witten are better "all-around TEs" than Graham or Gronk IMO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
who
Who that is,who he play for??Never heard of em.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Apr 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone