LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Morris Claiborne?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DeUh:
If they are serious about trading him I would love to have him on our roster.

Agree. Would even throw in a player with a mid-round pick if we had too.
I wish we'd make a big push to trade for him even if it was our higher 3rd round pick plus a player like LMJ. He's a better prospect than what we'll get in the draft.
I hate going into the draft needing at least one WR high plus a high pick at CB. It would be good to eliminate one need before then and then focus on the other in the draft. That was the main reason i'd have wanted to sign Jackson but it didn't outweigh the negatives.

On a lighter note, my buddy moved to Dallas and drives a garbage truck. He said he stops at Jerry Jones's house and Romo's house.
I told him he should start leaving Jones trade proposals from me taped to his trash can.
I would be tempted to leave a note to Romo reminding them to puree all his food to make sure he doesn't choke. I would definately get fired from that job.
offer them a 4th and a 7th ..I'm sure they'd take it
What is he costing cap wise?

I know that crap can get renegotiated.

Though I'm not sure if there are any rules on how soon after a trade a contract can get reworked.

Unlike in years past, I have enormous confidence in our coaches ability to develop players - EXCEPT for our WR coaching.
I just left a message for Jerry Jones' son, Stephen...I asked if he saw the news this afternoon that the Niners brought in CB Flowers for a visit and that they could be looking to fill the last opening on their roster with a CB. I then put out there the idea of Mo Claiborne for a future Niners 7th Rd. pick. I'm thinking he'll either call me back or will call Baalke any minute now.

Out of all the position groups on the roster, CB worries me the most and for me it's not really close. There's a good chance Culliver doesn't start the season either because his knee is still recovering or he gets suspended for the hit-and-run situation back in March. If he's not available, the team is probably rolling out Cook in his place (he's showing promise w/ the Niners' system but definitely is a question mark) and Brock (I like him but limited career starting experience). In the slot, the team is hoping Ward will be fully recovered from his foot injury and will fit right in quickly as a rookie (like Reid made the adjustment last year). After that, there's Cox, who has good experience but is another question mark - and, does he even make the team (was waived and brought back in last year)? Morris also has shown some potential but he's really unproven. After that, you've got a couple of rookies in Johnson and Acker. That's it after Wright retired. Some will say, "Baalke will just bring in a mid-tier CB talent after training camp cutdowns...". Is THAT who the team really wants to help out w/ the CB situation? Might as well just keep Cox as he knows their system. This team is so close to being at the top of the league with the talent it has (it might already be there). This could easily be the year the team gets to the top with the offensive additions, the draft picks, etc. CB is the one area that clearly stands out to me as being an area of vulnerability, and the team has also had issues at CB last year in the playoffs (vs. Seattle) and then the year before in the SB.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Jun 24, 2014 at 5:43 PM ]
Send Dallas RB James & a draft pick for him
Originally posted by tohara3:

That's not a bad idea. With all the RBs ahead of him, it really seems like the team will trade James anyway...Dallas probably wouldn't take just a 7th for Claiborne but maybe if James was included along with a 7th?
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

That's not a bad idea. With all the RBs ahead of him, it really seems like the team will trade James anyway...Dallas probably wouldn't take just a 7th for Claiborne but maybe if James was included along with a 7th?

This sounds good.

Can Claiborne return punts/KO's?
I just left a message for Jerry Jones' son, Stephen...I asked if he saw the news this afternoon that the Niners brought in CB Flowers for a visit and that they could be looking to fill the last opening on their roster with a CB. I then put out there the idea of Mo Claiborne for a future Niners 7th Rd. pick. I'm thinking he'll either call me back or will call Baalke any minute now.

Out of all the position groups on the roster, CB worries me the most and for me it's not really close. There's a good chance Culliver doesn't start the season either because his knee is still recovering or he gets suspended for the hit-and-run situation back in March. If he's not available, the team is probably rolling out Cook in his place (he's showing promise w/ the Niners' system but definitely is a question mark) and Brock (I like him but limited career starting experience). In the slot, the team is hoping Ward will be fully recovered from his foot injury and will fit right in quickly as a rookie (like Reid made the adjustment last year). After that, there's Cox, who has good experience but is another question mark - and, does he even make the team (was waived and brought back in last year)? Morris also has shown some potential but he's really unproven. After that, you've got a couple of rookies in Johnson and Acker. That's it after Wright retired. Some will say, "Baalke will just bring in a mid-tier CB talent after training camp cutdowns...". Is THAT who the team really wants to help out w/ the CB situation? Might as well just keep Cox as he knows their system. This team is so close to being at the top of the league with the talent it has (it might already be there). This could easily be the year the team gets to the top with the offensive additions, the draft picks, etc. CB is the one area that clearly stands out to me as being an area of vulnerability, and the team has also had issues at CB last year in the playoffs (vs. Seattle) and then the year before in the SB.

Even if it happened after game 1 I would still like to see Claiborne become a Niner.
With Wright retired it would make sense. God at this point we are banking on Ward stepping up.

I could live with this, although even with Wright's retirement, I am ok with our group, given that we will have Chris Culliver at full strength. We'll see how things look in camp.

He probably stopped reading after future 7th as well
Originally posted by YungAce:

He probably stopped reading after future 7th as well

LOL same
At this point I don't think there is any reason have any confidence in our new crew of guys. Lots of question marks and where would we be in the case of an injury..Picking up a guy like clairborne would be great insurance if our guys don't perform or go down. Don't want to see our secondary be our weak point again this this year but on paper its hard to say otherwise
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
At this point I don't think there is any reason have any confidence in our new crew of guys. Lots of question marks and where would we be in the case of an injury..Picking up a guy like clairborne would be great insurance if our guys don't perform or go down. Don't want to see our secondary be our weak point again this this year but on paper its hard to say otherwise

+1. Your last sentence is also my biggest concern this year as the rest of the team is so solid and with proven depth.
Share 49ersWebzone