LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Morris Claiborne?

Shop 49ers game tickets
We should offer them our third and switch first rounders in 2015 and see if Jerry falls for it.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
We should offer them our third and switch first rounders in 2015 and see if Jerry falls for it.

Worth a try and could work as Jerry's ego could help push this through.
This is the kind of guy I could imagine our pass rush, Donatell and Eric Reid could turn into a pro bowler
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I thought we only wanted tall corners lol
Originally posted by DeUh:
If they are serious about trading him I would love to have him on our roster.

Agreed. If they are willing to part ways with him, I would like to see what he can do with our defense. From his draft interview it seemed like he wanted to work hard to be a great player but things aren't working out for him in Dallas. I'd trade our original 3rd for him. The comp pick is untradeable and the other 3rd is higher I believe. Maybe a change in scenary resurrects his career.
Originally posted by jimrat:

He's btwn 5'11" and 6' - when did that become short for a cb
Originally posted by 9erguy:

With very long arms best suited for press man, that's why Dallas primarily plays zone lol.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by jimrat:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177859-why-want-with-the-pick/page7/
He has very long arms 33 1/4 tied for longest with Keith McGill this year. Offer a 4th with a conditional pick based on performance.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
He has very long arms 33 1/4 tied for longest with Keith McGill this year. Offer a 4th with a conditional pick based on performance.

Do it!

So Claiborne would be brought in as Cully's replacement and we draft a guy to compete with wright to cover the slot.. then we still can have a lot of freedom in the draft.
I almost created this post last week. There were the stories were ESPN suggested Dallas trade him for a 3rd at the beginning of the month. I couldn't find anything where they were shopping him for sure. He had injury and off field issues but struggled with the switch to the Tampa two defense. He apparently did better the last two games. I would make that trade. He'd do better in our defense. He's the flamed out talented high pick Baalke likes to trade for. Here's the article from this week where Garrett talks about him. It doesn't sound like they are going to give up on him yet. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/26/jason-garrett-morris-claiborne-needs-to-become-stronger/
I'll do it in a heartbeat, hope he's available
Originally posted by jobiwon:
I almost created this post last week. There were the stories were ESPN suggested Dallas trade him for a 3rd at the beginning of the month. I couldn't find anything where they were shopping him for sure. He had injury and off field issues but struggled with the switch to the Tampa two defense. He apparently did better the last two games. I would make that trade. He'd do better in our defense. He's the flamed out talented high pick Baalke likes to trade for. Here's the article from this week where Garrett talks about him. It doesn't sound like they are going to give up on him yet. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/26/jason-garrett-morris-claiborne-needs-to-become-stronger/

I agree I don't think they are ready to let him go yet......damn. Oh well we can dream.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Yea dude has ridiculous reflexes too. He can explode out of backpedal and make tackles in the backfield. He's really the parameter player we need. Donatelli and this guy would be a match made in heaven. His coverage responsibility would be so much easier in this system. I don't think Jones would trade him. In his own words he's not rebuilding but then again you can never really know with that guy. Trading an overall 6th pick coming into his 3rd year seems like a rebuild. He would be better to wait a year. Claiborne was injured last season and that really hurt his development.
Share 49ersWebzone