There are 332 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morris Claiborne?

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
There's also the Eric Reid factor, not that it should make or break any potential deal.

Didn't Reid start in the same secondary as Claiborne at LSU? I'm not sure if Reid was a starter at that time or not.

It was ER's freshman year and he was a starter along with TM and MC.

Thanks, and wow, what a secondary LSU had! Almost forgot about Mathieu. I wonder what Reid thinks about Claiborne, how he'd fit in with the Niners' scheme, playing alongside him again, etc...
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Thanks, and wow, what a secondary LSU had! Almost forgot about Mathieu. I wonder what Reid thinks about Claiborne, how he'd fit in with the Niners' scheme, playing alongside him again, etc...

MC carried that secondary that year as PP had left for NFL and got drafted by the Tardinals
I would be game trading for claibourne.i don't know about a third but definitely a 4th. This would benefit all parties...Cowboys get a pick and get more more cap space while getting rid a bust....Claibourne gets a new scenery with a former teammate in the LSU secondary...and we get a talented but unproductive player for a reasonable price.

To be fair for Claibourne...not many corners look good on the cowboys defense haha.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I would be game trading for claibourne.i don't know about a third but definitely a 4th. This would benefit all parties...Cowboys get a pick and get more more cap space while getting rid a bust....Claibourne gets a new scenery with a former teammate in the LSU secondary...and we get a talented but unproductive player for a reasonable price.

To be fair for Claibourne...not many corners look good on the cowboys defense haha.

+1
Mar 5, 2014 at 12:22 AM
#797
ESPN.com's Calvin Watkins suggests the Cowboys could consider trading Morris Claiborne.
Claiborne has been a bust through his first two NFL seasons and dealt with multiple injuries last year. He's currently behind Orlando Scandrick as the Cowboys' No. 3 corner and could be shopped for a mid-round pick. Claiborne is entering a make-or-break year in 2014. Mar 1 - 3:51 PM Source: ESPN.com

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/172510-other-teams-message-boards/page54/#AJSExS2LpViXMI3v.99
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM ]
Last season, Claiborne was an emotional mess. While rehabbing from a hamstring injury, Claiborne's father passed away suddenly. And just days after losing his father, he became a father himself to a baby girl.

Dealing with the life of the NFL and the realities of the world can be difficult to do sometimes, especially for a player in his early 20s. The Cowboys can give Claiborne a pass for roughly the last month of the 2013 season due to his mental state. Claiborne wanted to play, but his body and personal issues prevented that for a time.

It's easy to focus on Claiborne and say he's come up short of expectations and you would be fair in saying that. Trading him could be an option for the Cowboys if they believe someone is willing to give them a third-round pick.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/118694/is-trading-morris-claiborne-an-option
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/172510-other-teams-message-boards/page54/#AJSExS2LpViXMI3v.99
just last week Jason Garret suggested that the cowgirls would like to see MC hit the weights and get strength and conditioning down pact for the start of the season. am not sure if that's a ploy that they're really counting on MC or planning on trading him.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
just last week Jason Garret suggested that the cowgirls would like to see MC hit the weights and get strength and conditioning down pact for the start of the season. am not sure if that's a ploy that they're really counting on MC or planning on trading him.

From what I read lately Claiborne is the third CB after being the sixth overall. Getting picked that high a player should be the unquestioned number 1 CB. I'm pretty sure Garrett is just trying to maximize his trade value. Just the kind of guy Baalke likes to get for a late round pick IMO.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
just last week Jason Garret suggested that the cowgirls would like to see MC hit the weights and get strength and conditioning down pact for the start of the season. am not sure if that's a ploy that they're really counting on MC or planning on trading him.

From what I read lately Claiborne is the third CB after being the sixth overall. Getting picked that high a player should be the unquestioned number 1 CB. I'm pretty sure Garrett is just trying to maximize his trade value. Just the kind of guy Baalke likes to get for a late round pick IMO.

Exactly this. I wish it could be a late-round pick; however, I don't think the Cowboys would give him up for anything less than a 3rd or 4th as he's still very young and was so highly drafted by them.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Exactly this. I wish it could be a late-round pick; however, I don't think the Cowboys would give him up for anything less than a 3rd or 4th as he's still very young and was so highly drafted by them.

I'm pretty sure TB can finagle MC from the JJ for next to nothing if TB tried hard enough. I mean if JJ can let DW walk for next to nothing without getting anything back in return then what is the value for a 3rd rated CB
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Exactly this. I wish it could be a late-round pick; however, I don't think the Cowboys would give him up for anything less than a 3rd or 4th as he's still very young and was so highly drafted by them.

And they know we need a CB.
Between his potential, our obvious need for a corner, culliver drama and the Eric Reid factor there is a lot of justification to do it. Certainly a higher ceiling than Chris Cook but I don't know how much better than Carlos Rogers he would end up being.... Tarrel Brown were sorry and we shouldn't have let the raiders outbid us .
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Exactly this. I wish it could be a late-round pick; however, I don't think the Cowboys would give him up for anything less than a 3rd or 4th as he's still very young and was so highly drafted by them.

And they know we need a CB.

Yeah I don't they give him up for any less than a third to us due to our obvious uncertainty at the position.
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,472
If they are serious about trading him I would love to have him on our roster.
The Cowboys need all the defense they can get in their secondary...their front line has been seriously hit w/injuries, FA, etc. I doubt they'd be eager to get rid of him. He's still young and developing.