There are 174 users in the forums

Rams signed Shaun Hill... WTF? I didn't know he was available...WTF

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yeah yeah laugh at me...

but we should've got him. He played well for the Lions when Stafford went down. I know Baalke likes to get players like McCoy or Gabbert, to try to turn them into future draft picks....but man if Kap goes down, I want a QB than can keep us alive until Kap gets back.

it's not like we throw deep anyway... Shaun can get by with Vernon, Boldin, Crabtree. He did fine with Issac Bruce, Jason Hill, and Vernon.

Shaun is from St. Louis I believe, and maybe this is his last year before he retires.....and was looking to sign with them anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337203/article/shaun-hill-st-louis-rams-agree-to-oneyear-contract

$1.75 million contract ...and can make up to $2.5 million after incentives I believe.

Disagree there. We're a play-action heavy offense that emphasizes throwing the ball to the intermediate and deep levels. It's the opposite of a dink and dunk passing game.

Shaun Hill would be a disaster in this offense. He'd be throwing punts all game lol. I do think he's a pretty smart QB though. He can sling the ball a bit if you spread the field and give him a bunch of options like Detroit did.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
yeah yeah laugh at me...

but we should've got him. He played well for the Lions when Stafford went down. I know Baalke likes to get players like McCoy or Gabbert, to try to turn them into future draft picks....but man if Kap goes down, I want a QB than can keep us alive until Kap gets back.

it's not like we throw deep anyway... Shaun can get by with Vernon, Boldin, Crabtree. He did fine with Issac Bruce, Jason Hill, and Vernon.

Shaun is from St. Louis I believe, and maybe this is his last year before he retires.....and was looking to sign with them anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337203/article/shaun-hill-st-louis-rams-agree-to-oneyear-contract

$1.75 million contract ...and can make up to $2.5 million after incentives I believe.

Disagree there. We're a play-action heavy offense that emphasizes throwing the ball to the intermediate and deep levels. It's the opposite of a dink and dunk passing game.

Shaun Hill would be a disaster in this offense. He'd be throwing punts all game lol. I do think he's a pretty smart QB though. He can sling the ball a bit if you spread the field and give him a bunch of options like Detroit did.

we call those types of passes because we have Kap. We didn't call many of those types when we had Alex back there. Kap has a strong ass arm.

this doesn't mean that we couldn't adjust the playcalling for Shaun. He made it work with alot worse talent. And a pass happy OC like Mike Martz.

either way I'm just still pissed that we are going another season without a true capable backup QB. We are playing with fire man.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM ]
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
shaun hill is a boss.

The missing piece
yeah yeah laugh at me...

Bruh,you my man 50 grand n all but.....

He's better than Gabbert...
can a mod move this to NFL Talk... I swear I was there when I post the thread.

So much fail.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
dammit now hes gonna give them our playbook

The Shaun Hill era 49ers playbook:

"1st downs: run up the middle. 2nd downs: run up the middle. 3rd downs: run up the middle. 4th downs: punt."
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's good friends with Alex Smith, basically lovers. Now they will be very close again.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
always think of Major League when you guys want to bring back players we used to have

Jake Taylor uh, he was an all star wasn't he
yeah
wish we had him 2 years ago
We Did
4 years ago then

lol

I'd rather see Shaun Hill behind center than Trent Dilfer
I think the OP has a fair point. By all accounts Hill was a hard worker and very smart. Would probably be better to have holding a clipboard than Gabbert will be. And if Kap did go down he's shown he can play well enough to win games, and with our defense it's not like he'd need to put up 400 yards a game to win.
I still remember Shaun Hill beating Cincinnati on Monday Night Football if memory serves me correctly. I thought damn we are back babe! Ha ha.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I still remember Shaun Hill beating Cincinnati on Monday Night Football if memory serves me correctly. I thought damn we are back babe! Ha ha.

memory failed you, it was a thursday
I was at his first start at the stick vs the bengals a few years back. 3 TDs... He was a beast that night.
Share 49ersWebzone