LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Dolphins looking to trade Mike Wallace

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Sounds like he might not be back In Miami. Any thoughts?

For the right price and role, sure. We need a vertical threat in the worst way.
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Sounds like he might not be back In Miami. Any thoughts?

Depends on the price, he's grossly overpaid right now.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Mike Wallace misses alot of footballs and needs to work on his hands(think early Vernon Davis) but...There were plenty of times where he has been wide open and Tannehill never even tried to go deep.If you can reduce his price and make sure you use him right(throw deep get him to buy in) he is worth it.His speed alone makes up for other areas he has flaws in.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Mike Wallace misses alot of footballs and needs to work on his hands(think early Vernon Davis) but...There were plenty of times where he has been wide open and Tannehill never even tried to go deep.If you can reduce his price and make sure you use him right(throw deep get him to buy in) he is worth it.His speed alone makes up for other areas he has flaws in.

He's a perfect deep threat, but yeah, the salary is an issue, he's way too one dimensional to be paid that much.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Another diva? No thanks, we need to be improving team chemistry not breaking it down further.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
Another diva? No thanks, we need to be improving team chemistry not breaking it down further.

If you cross Diva off as a trait on your wide receiver checklist you got about 4 options left
Mike Wallace doesn't win with class

we need more Nolan Guys and less Baalke guys (like wallace)

Can he return?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Can he return?

I think he used to return punts in Pittsburgh
Dude is a baby and a quitter. And he doesnt play hard unless he gets 5 catches a year. Unless we have a new offensive scheme next year, imagine him on our team. LOL and you thought Crabs acted like a b***h. This dude would quit in the second quarter of the first game.

Pass

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Dude is a baby and a quitter. And he doesnt play hard unless he gets 5 catches a year. Unless we have a new offensive scheme next year, imagine him on our team. LOL and you thought Crabs acted like a b***h. This dude would quit in the second quarter of the first game.

Pass
That's all hes asking for? sounds reasonable to me
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Pass

Sold!!!!
lol I meant a quarter. ha!
Wallace is a bum. He also doesnt solve our redzone problems either. Give Ellington and Patton a chance at some deep balls next year and draft/sign a tall red zone threat. I also dont want any more players who are around 6ft with average speed.
Wallace is a headache. think of T.O. just without T.O.´s production and willingness to do dirty work.

Honestly i´d rather overpay Vincent Jackson than reasonably pay Mike Wallace.
Share 49ersWebzone