LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

NFL's Proposed Rule Changes for 2014:

Shop 49ers game tickets
See Below. I have quoted the ones I actually like and am strongly in favor of.

http://www.nflevolution.com/article/player-safety-changes-might-be-subtle-at-next-week's-nfl-meeting?ref=0ap2000000336073

* Eliminate overtime periods from preseason games that are tied after regulation time to take away possible excessive opportunities for injuries during exhibition games.

* Involving the NFL command center in decisions of replay reviews, adding more consistency in officiating, especially in player safety calls; it also is expected to shorten time for video reviews.

* Discontinuing the stopping of the play clock after a quarterback is sacked for consistency in clock management by referees.

The player safety bylaws that have been proposed are:

* Increase the number of players on the active roster for each game from 46 to 49, allowing for more substitutions and greater flexibility for player safety, especially on Thursday night games when players have had four days to heal from Sunday's games.

* Increasing the number of players on the practice squad from eight to 10, allowing for greater flexibility for rosters, thus adding player safety buffers.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM ]
Cool, I also really like the increase in active players from 46 to 49. So the roster limit would stay at 53, it's just more of those players can dress for a game?
[ Edited by theduke85 on Mar 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
Cool, I also really like the increase in active players from 46 to 49. So the roster limit would stay at 53, it's just more of those players can dress for a game?

Exactly. So we wouldn't have to worry about seeing a screaming Joe Staley and fearing the worst.
Why not let all 53 players dress for the game and be available to play?
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

I have always wondered this. I'm sure there is a decent explanation though
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Competetive Advantage. If one team is completely healthy, and one team has three guys who can't play, one team could have a distinct advantage.
Moving the kickoff to the 40 is a terrible idea.

EDIT: And the NFLPA has to like the possibility of 64 more active jobs with an expansion of the practice squad from 8 to 10 players.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 24, 2014 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Competetive Advantage. If one team is completely healthy, and one team has three guys who can't play, one team could have a distinct advantage.

If 1 team has their starting QB injured and the other doesn't ,advantage. Injuries always give a team a team a disadvantage regardless of how many players suit up.

The more players that suit up the fewer starters have to play special teams and risk injury there. The more you can sub for starters during the game and be less likely to lose a starter. In a blowout the more players you can sub in and keep your starters safe from injury. It's better in the long run for every team to have their starters less likely to be injured. Especially teams that are not deep.

Also, why pay players to watch the game(not counting back up QB's)? Healthy players are not suiting up for games. It's a waste of money. It's humiliating.
There needs to be something in there in BLACK AND WHITE that talks about what is considered legal in terms of man to man pass coverage.
See how well the "legion" does after that
lol by 2018 the kickoffs will have been moved to the returning teams' own 20 yard line.

I agree w/the change you want.

Especially increasing the active roster due to the Monday and Thursday games.

I'm against increasing to 14 teams to the playoffs.
No more dunking over the crossbar. oh brother what has this HITLER of a commissioner done to this loveable game.

Now Female League
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
No more dunking over the crossbar. oh brother what has this HITLER of a commissioner done to this loveable game.

Now Female League

seems to me like they waited for tony gonzalez to retire and then passed this.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Now Female League

seems to me like they waited for tony gonzalez to retire and then passed this.

VD was ahead of the curve & switched to fadeaways....
No wonder the refs can't get it right--

21 rule changes to be considered at NFL owners meetings

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/21-rule-changes-be-considered-nfl-owners-meetings
Share 49ersWebzone