There are 213 users in the forums

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Some icewater for this rumor....

Albert Breer‏
@AlbertBreer4 minsBeen told the 49ers aren't interested in DeSean Jackson. Right now, they have $4.22M in cap space. And they have to budget for Kaepernick.

Ghost, I respect your opinion, but I disagree on this.

No worries. Would love to hear why though.
https

Originally posted by Broseph6:
@RapSheet: Intriguing report from @TheRealDGunnCSN on #Eagles listening on DeSean Jackson. Don't believe #49ers are interested tho. Not at that price.

Not gna happen! This is never pull the trigger Balke were talking about here

Uh, Baalke pulled the trigger on Boldin, on Whitner, on Dorsey, and on numerous contract extensions that keeps the most talented roster in the NFL together.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'd find a way to pull the trigger on this. Imagine 2nd and 3rd downs with Jackson on the outside and Boldin in the slot? Like taking candy from a baby....

Or save the $8 million, use the 3rd rounder to trade up and acquire Cooks, ????, PROFIT.

Agree with Ghost, but love Phoenix's South Park reference.

I declare a tie.

I thought that was a Kanye reference.

I think if we're going to take on Jacksons contract will essentially be saying goodbye to Crab. People already declare Crab a diva who is going to want too much yet we're going to take on this dude. Pray we don't win the super bowl with him or he will asked to get payed more than Kaep. I just don't think it's smart because we're limiting are financial options at a time where we need flexibility. Ofcourse we could cut some fat but I don't know if cutting the salary of core players to bring in a prima is smart.

Agreed, and it's doubtful that we could ever afford to keep Crabs anyway.

lol you think were going to spend 100 mil on Kap and not give him Crabtree? Whos he throwing to after Boldin retires?
Originally posted by sspiker:
Hilton was taken late in the 3rd round. Let's find the next one of those instead.

DJax rarely returns kicks and won't go over the middle because of the huge hit he took 2-3 years ago. He's not worth the contract or the pick.

Robert Herron.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I'd find a way to pull the trigger on this. Imagine 2nd and 3rd downs with Jackson on the outside and Boldin in the slot? Like taking candy from a baby....

Or save the $8 million, use the 3rd rounder to trade up and acquire Cooks, ????, PROFIT.

I declare a tie.

I think if we're going to take on Jacksons contract will essentially be saying goodbye to Crab. People already declare Crab a diva who is going to want too much yet we're going to take on this dude. Pray we don't win the super bowl with him or he will asked to get payed more than Kaep. I just don't think it's smart because we're limiting are financial options at a time where we need flexibility. Ofcourse we could cut some fat but I don't know if cutting the salary of core players to bring in a prima is smart.

lol you think were going to spend 100 mil on Kap and not give him Crabtree? Whos he throwing to after Boldin retires?

If Crabs can sign a reasonable deal to stick around, it will be him. If not, it will be someone else. In the real world, there's this thing called a salary cap.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Jackson is, according to the only inside source that I have ever had, a divisive, petty, disruptive, megalomaniac whose interests are:

1. Himself
2. His stats
3. His salary
4. His fame
5. Himself
6. His stats
7. His salary
8. His fame

Boldin, Crabtree, Davis, Patton, and a top-3 round rookie should be more than enough.

We'd be mortgaging too much for Desean too.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
Thats the 6-7 million the Niners will need to sign their draft picks

actually the new CBA means it is about at most $2-3M for the first year of the average 7 round draft class. MM says we'll likely only need $2M for this class when it is all said and done. (Remember we may have 12 picks but only 3-5 of them will make the final 53, the rest will be cut or on the PS.)

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Some icewater for this rumor....

Albert Breer‏
@AlbertBreer4 minsBeen told the 49ers aren't interested in DeSean Jackson. Right now, they have $4.22M in cap space. And they have to budget for Kaepernick.

Makes perfect sense. We don't have the money, and the priority should be preserving cap space to extend our franchise QB.

Actually quite the opposite, go read MM's article about Kap's possible extension, points out that Flacco's $120M deal was structured so he had base salary of just $1M in the 1st year before it jumps up to $13-14M in the second.

Baalke and Paraag will find a way to creatively manage the cap, e.g. Willis' 2010 extension that crammed $17M into the books in 2012 or 2013 (I admittedly forget the year but point remains the same).

If they want to acquire Jackson and extend Kap they could do it, especially with the cap projected to hit the $155-160M range in 2016.

Now that I've contributed to this thread I'm going to ignore it until I see that we've actually traded for Jackson, he's been sent to NE, or if a week passes I'll assume he's in Philly for the next year at minimum. Good day everybody.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 18, 2014 at 4:46 PM ]
Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer ... Best I can tell, the Niners didn't call Philly. And as for the Patriots, they're running out of cap room too. Weird situation.

Originally posted by buck:

Jackson is, according to the only inside source that I have ever had, a divisive, petty, disruptive, megalomaniac whose interests are:

1. Himself
2. His stats
3. His salary
4. His fame
5. Himself
6. His stats
7. His salary
8. His fame

I can't say have such inside sources, so I have nothing to counter with other than he's a very effective player who teams have to account for when scheming.
This dude is all about tha money N himself no thanks

I declare a tie.

If Crabs can sign a reasonable deal to stick around, it will be him. If not, it will be someone else. In the real world, there's this thing called a salary cap.

Right, but its not like Crabtree is an all-pro. Plenty of teams pay out big money contracts to their QB and can still afford the guys he throws to. Hes going to be a priority, given his chemistry with the guy were investing our future in.
Right, but its not like Crabtree is an all-pro. Plenty of teams pay out big money contracts to their QB and can still afford the guys he throws to. Hes going to be a priority, given his chemistry with the guy were investing our future in.

Desean ain't an All-Pro either.
  • buck
  • Veteran
DeSean Jackson - WR - Eagles

A source close to DeSean Jackson tells the Philadelphia Daily News that D-Jax wants to finish his career with the Eagles, and would be really hurt if he were traded for no reason.

There have been rumblings that Jackson is an ill fit for Chip Kelly's locker room, but he apparently does n0t see it that way. D-Jax made noise about wanting a new contract in January, but has otherwise avoided controversy this offseason. We do not doubt that the Eagles are listening to offers, but they're unlikely to find a trade partner.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news
[ Edited by buck on Mar 18, 2014 at 4:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone