LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
would be nice!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
It would benefit the offense and ST having DJ because we would design plays where DJ would be the primary read. I agree with you however that we can make a much safer move going for a couple WR in this draft to meet our needs. Even if MC isn't extended we can always come back to trading for DJ next off season. The time is not right now. We need to utilize our draft ammo and not trade it away. Would be a misstep potentially for a home run shot
Really.... cause dj is more of a home run shot that a pair of draftees. That are unproven. Dj would make our offense the scariest in nfl.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by sspiker:

People go to jail for that now

Sucks that despite that being a clean hit, Samuel was flagged. It's like he got penalized for Desean Jackson being 150 lbs.
would love the move, dont think it works financially though
His contract would have to be re-structured, also he is not worth anywhere in the ballpark of 10M
Bayless just claimed we should have offered a second round pick for Jackson...

The absolute HIGHEST I would go is 3rd round.

I think i'm changing my mind, I want Jackson, but I want him cheap.
So we have Crabs, Boldin, and Jackson.

Kaepernick will throw for 5,000 yards
  • pd24
  • Veteran
7.5 million is what I would pay him.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Ok I've come to my senses, we just need to move up and grab Evans or Cooks.

Why would we trade up for a project, when we have a solid player we can get with a third round pick? Contracts can be re-structured so money isn't the issue.
Also we need to trade up for a CB, not a WR.
I love this idea, I think Baalke does as well because now we don't need to trade up for a WR, we can use those to get some more depth in our defense while giving away a 3rd round pick.
Never mind the pick, not worth the salary.
I have zero faith in our ability to draft a wideout. Other than Crabtree, who took 3 years to become a good player, we have swung and missed many, many times.

So if we can get DJax, I'm not opposed to it.

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Ok I've come to my senses, we just need to move up and grab Evans or Cooks.

Why would we trade up for a project, when we have a solid player we can get with a third round pick? Contracts can be re-structured so money isn't the issue.
Also we need to trade up for a CB, not a WR.
I love this idea, I think Baalke does as well because now we don't need to trade up for a WR, we can use those to get some more depth in our defense while giving away a 3rd round pick.

Money is the big issue. Willis is our highest paid player, Jackson and his salary would instantly become our highest paid player. Our front office doesn't want to do that or send that message. Jackson has said he wants more money, you think he'd restructure to play on an offense that hardy uses 3 WRs? So I say then let's go for quality in the draft.
Yea lets not trade for a proven reciever. Lets take a high risk gamble on a rookie(bc its CHEAPER) to make or MOST LIKELY BREAK in our offense bc recently we cant draft good recievers. Yea im all for drafting a rookie.
Lol! What a thread! This one is going to run and run.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Yea lets not trade for a proven reciever. Lets take a high risk gamble on a rookie(bc its CHEAPER) to make or MOST LIKELY BREAK in our offense bc recently we cant draft good recievers. Yea im all for drafting a rookie.

We have one bust and we're never allowed to draft a WR again? That's not even an argument.
Just the thought of Kaep with Crabs, Boldin, and Djax at his disposale is crazy. The league would be terrified!

I hope we get him, but this is probably more of a wild fantasy.
Share 49ersWebzone