There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
LMAO. This article proves NOTHING... it's an "unamed source" who might not even be real taking shots at D-Jax. There are two sides to every book and before all of this I have never heard or seen D-Jax name brought up as

Stopped reading right there, lol, are you serious?

Yes this is all lies, Jackson is so loved in Philly that not a single person in their locker room spoke out in support of him.

Chip is clearly insane, giving up on a Pro Bowl WR that never so much as caused a single issue in the locker room. All the sources reporting the same thing, that Jackson was acting up, not showing up at team events, testing the coach, simply being difficult to deal, those are all liars.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LMAO. This article proves NOTHING... it's an "unamed source" who might not even be real taking shots at D-Jax. There are two sides to every book and before all of this I have never heard or seen D-Jax name brought up as

Stopped reading right there, lol, are you serious?

Yes this is all lies, Jackson is so loved in Philly that not a single person in their locker room spoke out in support of him.

Chip is clearly insane, giving up on a Pro Bowl WR that never so much as caused a single issue in the locker room. All the sources reporting the same thing, that Jackson was acting up, not showing up at team events, testing the coach, simply being difficult to deal, those are all liars.

And I guess it was true that Harbaugh and Baalke are on the verge of killing each other and that Jim was a breath away from being the head coach of the Browns??? Come on bro it's the off season, people will turn a mole hill into a mountain QUICK. I'm not saying D-Jax was an angel but if he was that bad then why continue to let him play and jepordize the integrity of your lockeroom?

The Eagles tried to trade D-Jax without telling him, it blew up in their face and they knew it was no chance in hell he would comeback to play for them so they HAD to cut him. Chip and the front office blew it plain and simple.
And I guess it was true that Harbaugh and Baalke are on the verge of killing each other and that Jim was a breath away from being the head coach of the Browns??? Come on bro it's the off season, people will turn a mole hill into a mountain QUICK. I'm not saying D-Jax was an angel but if he was that bad then why continue to let him play and jepordize the integrity of your lockeroom?

The Eagles tried to trade D-Jax without telling him, it blew up in their face and they knew it was no chance in hell he would comeback to play for them so they HAD to cut him. Chip and the front office blew it plain and simple.
The bottomline is this...do you hear any if the Eagles players going "damn, that sucks, DeSean will be missed." To the contrary guys have sounded glad that he has gone, nobody has seemed to broken up about it.

Considering all their beat reporters are saying the same thing, there just might be a lot of truth in what is being reported.

The bottomline is this...do you hear any if the Eagles players going "damn, that sucks, DeSean will be missed." To the contrary guys have sounded glad that he has gone, nobody has seemed to broken up about it.

Considering all their beat reporters are saying the same thing, there just might be a lot of truth in what is being reported.

this ^^^

Which 49ers have said anything about Whitner, Brown, or Rogers being gone? Most players are A. Enjoying their off season. B. Don't want to put themselves in spite of ownership by speaking out of turn for an issue that is already resolved. AGAIN... all it takes is one or two guys who didn't like D-Jax to speak out for the media to have a "story", not that they would need that to spew a half truth or flat out lie.

Once again... if D-Jax was that bad Chip should have nipped it in the bud last season. When a coach lets a cancer stay and basically have their way, it jepordizes the integrity of the lockeroom. We could have let Aldon play last season, but Jim/Jed/Trent sat his ass down... because you have to maintain the integrity of the lockeroom no matter if it's a star player or practice squad guy. Let's not forget the is the same team that let Racist Riley remain and Eagle AND gave him a bigger contract. Your telling me D-Jax caused a bigger scence than he did last season???
And just to clarify they didn't fail for parting ways with D-Jax, he wasn't worth 10mill when you only have 1 MAYBE 2 playmakers on D. They failed because they let him go to an in divison rival. I would have traded him anywhere else for a conditional bag of dog s**t before I let him go to an in divison rival. That's the s**t that gets coaches and gm's fired. If the Eagles fail to make the playoffs, and the Skins don't the egg will be on Kelly's face.
Which 49ers have said anything about Whitner, Brown, or Rogers being gone? Most players are A. Enjoying their off season. B. Don't want to put themselves in spite of ownership by speaking out of turn for an issue that is already resolved. AGAIN... all it takes is one or two guys who didn't like D-Jax to speak out for the media to have a "story", not that they would need that to spew a half truth or flat out lie.

Once again... if D-Jax was that bad Chip should have nipped it in the bud last season. When a coach lets a cancer stay and basically have their way, it jepordizes the integrity of the lockeroom. We could have let Aldon play last season, but Jim/Jed/Trent sat his ass down... because you have to maintain the integrity of the lockeroom no matter if it's a star player or practice squad guy. Let's not forget the is the same team that let Racist Riley remain and Eagle AND gave him a bigger contract. Your telling me D-Jax caused a bigger scence than he did last season???

If you read the story, the sources say that he went out of his way to work with him, to try to bring him into the fold, it didn't work out, hence they cut ties and are counting on addition through subtraction.

Riley made one stupid, ignorant comment when he was drunk, by everything that has been reported thus far, he became a model citizen in the locker room, first in to workout/last to leave kind of guy. If you're that sort of player, you can make a lot of amends for bad behavior. With Jackson, if you read those comments, the issue seemed to be that he was more about DeSean Jackson than the Philadelphia Eagles. With Kelly having apparently done a good job of getting people to buy into his concepts and team-oriented philosophy, the light was brightly cast on those who weren't going along with the program.

Once again, if you cut out a young Pro Bowl wide receiver out of the blue, without being in any real need of more cap space, if you're an offensive oriented team and you just dumped your major vertical threat, there's definitely something else going on there, based on what is coming out of Philadelphia, there's more than enough reason to think that Jackson was causing issues in that locker room and Kelly and some teammates had absolutely enough of it.
Not sure what I disliked more. DeSean Jackson pretending to be someone he isn't or having to listen to Stephen A. Smith do an interview. Those pauses during a sentence drive me insane. Gang affiliation or no, Jackson has been on the wrong side of controversy too much thus far in his career.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I like how the tone of the song is being adjusted from "Desean Jackson's a gangster" to "D-Jax hangs with gangsters" to "He may or may not be involved with thugs but he's definitely a distraction". Sounds like people are starting to realize they don't know much at all about this situation..
Originally posted by SaksV:
I like how the tone of the song is being adjusted from "Desean Jackson's a gangster" to "D-Jax hangs with gangsters" to "He may or may not be involved with thugs but he's definitely a distraction". Sounds like people are starting to realize they don't know much at all about this situation..

I don't know anyone who claimed that he's a gangster, as far as associating with them, he himself admitted to that....but "not when they are doing illegal stuff", so does that mean kicking back at the club after his buddies did a drive-by, I don't know? The Eagles beat writers however have been fairly consistent in stating that this had everything to do with Chip Kelly not wanting a distraction on the team.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran

This. All the media needs to do is get quotes from 3-4 teammates who don't not like him, and they can spin a story about how the entire team is happy he's gone (silence does not equal agreement). Reminds me of high school when stupid girls form cliques and poll the most popular girls to find out if "we all don't like you". So basically the media gets sound bites from Jessica, Becky and Laura and say the whole class hates Carla.
Originally posted by SaksV:
This. All the media needs to do is get quotes from 3-4 teammates who don't not like him, and they can spin a story about how the entire team is happy he's gone (silence does not equal agreement). Reminds me of high school when stupid girls form cliques and poll the most popular girls to find out if "we all don't like you". So basically the media gets sound bites from Jessica, Becky and Laura and say the whole class hates Carla.

And when he ends up having issues in Washington, the same old apologists will pull out the same old stories........."he's just misunderstood, he's really an awesome guy..." etc...etc.

It's the T.O. effect all over again, there were always those who believed that he could never do any wrong. The fans of each new team that he went to seemed to think that the previous team was just making up stuff about him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Gang affiliation or no, Jackson has been on the wrong side of controversy too much thus far in his career.

This "gang affiliation" needs to be put to rest. As far as I am concerned there is not one iota of evidence that Jackson is affiliated with or has ties to a gang.

Knowing people, having friends, or hanging out with people who are in gangs simply does NOT constitute gang ties or gang affiliation.

If it does, I have been simultaneously affiliated with rival gangs (surenos y nortenos)as well as the East Bay Chapter of the Hell's Angels, the Gypsy Jokers, and the East Bay Dragons. At times, we can not control who lives in and shares the world in which we exist. I have had gang members who treated me very well and helped me when I needed help. I consider them friends, and I would not disown that friendship because they were in gangs.

Relatives of mine are in, or were in, some pretty nasty white racist gangs. One uncle served time for his gang-related endeavors. They kept their crap to themselves when we attended family functions, and I kept what they considered my crap to myself. We avoided talking race and politics and made every attempt to be civil.

Unless someone offers solid evidence of Jackson's gang affiliation, the noise needs to be ignored.

I am glad that Jackson is not a 49er. I am convinced that he is a petty, vindictive, divisive diva, but....

I am done with my rant, but some things strike close to home.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM ]

Its hard to speak up against the employer's firing of a guy. They have to work there and don't want to rattle cages. Because we see what happens to guys who act up in philly, they get released.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Gang affiliation or no, Jackson has been on the wrong side of controversy too much thus far in his career.

This "gang affiliation" needs to be put to rest. As far as I am concerned there is not one iota of evidence that Jackson is affiliated with or has ties to a gang.

Knowing people, having friends, or hanging out with people who are in gangs simply does NOT constitute gang ties or gang affiliation.

If it does, I have been simultaneously affiliated with rival gangs (surenos y nortenos)as well as the East Bay Chapter of the Hell's Angels, the Gypsy Jokers, and the East Bay Dragons. At times, we can not control who lives in and shares the world in which we exist. I have had gang members who treated me very well and helped me when I needed help. I consider them friends, and I would not disown that friendship because they were in gangs.

Relatives of mine are in, or were in, some pretty nasty white racist gangs. One uncle served time for his gang-related endeavors. They kept their crap to themselves when we attended family functions, and I kept what they considered my crap to myself. We avoided talking race and politics and made every attempt to be civil.

Unless someone offers solid evidence of Jackson's gang affiliation, the noise needs to be ignored.

I am glad that Jackson is not a 49er. I am convinced that he is a petty, vindictive, divisive diva, but....

I am done with my rant, but some things strike close to home.

I agree. If one is from a gang infested somtimes its better to be friendly and cool with the local gangster because if you ignore and pretend that you are not from there, they might get disrespected. And they might live near to jackson's family and frienda so he has to keep it cool with them