There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

Did we sign Desean yet? Baalke get it done already.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

April fools was yesterday bruh!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

April fools was yesterday bruh!

LOL
114 pages on this? Wow. No one curr. Eagles dont we dont.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Very true. Could be that he just picked the Skins over the niners. Maybe he thinks it's better for him to play ball on teh east coast vs being back in Cali. They could have easily made some moves to fit that salary in .

Oh come on. This is DeSaun Jackson we're talking about. He was complaining about making $10 mil this year with the Eagles. The guy is all about the money. All that happened here was that Snider had him in DC and told his people to make sure they didn't let him leave. There was an offer on the table, Jackson's people talked about leaving for some other meetings, and Snider's people sweetened the offer a bit and he signed. He knew the Niners weren't going to come up with that kind of money. I think the idea that the Niners could have made a deal like that work is crazy. That's just not the way Baalke operates and I'm glad that's the case. At least one and possibly as many as three receivers in the draft will out-perform Jackson this year. That's my prediction.
I have no clue what went on between all parties, but I don't find it far fetched that he just picked the Skins over the Niners. San Fran should have known what range of salary the guy was looking for before sending him an offer. It would be kinda tacky to just send him a low ball offer. Either way none of us really know. And I can't see any wr out of this draft out performing Desean next year. Maybe Watkins on a bad team always having to throw to come back late. Wr's usually take time to develop and don't come out the 1st year with huge stats minus a few exceptions. And it's a deep class but it's not front loaded like when you had AJ Green and Julio coming out.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I have no clue what went on between all parties, but I don't find it far fetched that he just picked the Skins over the Niners. San Fran should have known what range of salary the guy was looking for before sending him an offer. It would be kinda tacky to just send him a low ball offer. Either way none of us really know. And I can't see any wr out of this draft out performing Desean next year. Maybe Watkins on a bad team always having to throw to come back late. Wr's usually take time to develop and don't come out the 1st year with huge stats minus a few exceptions. And it's a deep class but it's not front loaded like when you had AJ Green and Julio coming out.

I've always given Baalke a benefit of doubt - but that's really the reason why I wanted Niners to go after DeSean hard. We lost a Superbowl by a play...some may say we lost two Superbowls by a total of two plays. Now, you're gettin' a chance to add a young pro-bowl WR for $8M a year - a local guy and doesn't need to time to fit in with the surroundings - and we were passive-aggressive in our pursuit? Redskins sent RGIII to recruit the guy...and we didn't make a public statement about our interest.

I've no clue either what happened here - but it made no sense for us to not be more aggressive about this. Oh well...it's over with. Hopefully, a lesson learned by our FO. DeSean said it himself today - he felt embraced by the Redskins.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I've always given Baalke a benefit of doubt - but that's really the reason why I wanted Niners to go after DeSean hard. We lost a Superbowl by a play...some may say we lost two Superbowls by a total of two plays. Now, you're gettin' a chance to add a young pro-bowl WR for $8M a year - a local guy and doesn't need to time to fit in with the surroundings - and we were passive-aggressive in our pursuit? Redskins sent RGIII to recruit the guy...and we didn't make a public statement about our interest.

I've no clue either what happened here - but it made no sense for us to not be more aggressive about this. Oh well...it's over with. Hopefully, a lesson learned by our FO. DeSean said it himself today - he felt embraced by the Redskins.

but it can be argued that since we were only one or two plays away from the Super Bowl, we didn't need to take a chance ($$$ & attitude) on DJax.
Originally posted by boast:

but it can be argued that since we were only one or two plays away from the Super Bowl, we didn't need to take a chance ($$$ & attitude) on DJax.

I agree boast, it's not our style to get into a bidding war. I bet the Niners simply called and gauged interest, found it the Skins were going to pay him more money than we were willing 2 and got out of the way.
Originally posted by boast:

That's a small chance to take when Super Bowl could be ours. Plus...$8M a year isn't a lot of money for a young pro-bowl WR. It won't kill our chances to retain Kaep or Crabtree. We would still be able to keep Aldon if we decide to. With bunch of draft picks - we can let go of a vet or two next summer to create more room if we have to. We have a strong locker room - which will be more conducive to deal with a guy like DeSean - and WRs in general can be divas.

Then...we have to factor in if other contenders have improved in FA. Denver and Pats have definitely improved. In our own division - Arizona and Rams have improved...and Rams have two picks in top 10 in a loaded draft...and if by any chance Harvin is healthy - Seattle will still be favorites in our division even after losing a few guys in FA.

...as Harbaugh said so eloquently - you're either getting better or worse. I don't think we got better in this off-season so far.
That's a small chance to take when Super Bowl could be ours. Plus...$8M a year isn't a lot of money for a young pro-bowl WR. It won't kill our chances to retain Kaep or Crabtree. We would still be able to keep Aldon if we decide to. With bunch of draft picks - we can let go of a vet or two next summer to create more room if we have to. We have a strong locker room - which will be more conducive to deal with a guy like DeSean - and WRs in general can be divas.

Then...we have to factor in if other contenders have improved in FA. Denver and Pats have definitely improved. In our own division - Arizona and Rams have improved...and Rams have two picks in top 10 in a loaded draft...and if by any chance Harvin is healthy - Seattle will still be favorites in our division even after losing a few guys in FA.

...as Harbaugh said so eloquently - you're either getting better or worse. I don't think we got better in this off-season so far.

a lot of the time its about money, but also opportunity. its very possible he wasnt interested in being 3rd fiddle at wr and maybe even 4th fiddle when you throw in davis. desean jackson is a great player, he could have looked at us and said thats a good team but we cant play with 3 footballs on every play. as far as the div goes, its like this every offseason the teams beneath us got better and we maybe didnt. then we go play football and beat them. if they really got better, great, seattle got to play them too.
I said it earlier in this thread... he wants to get revenge on the Eagles, twice a year, in a division that is easily winnable for the Redskins. If RG3 is ACTUALLY healthy, they will be a very scary offense with RG3, Morris, DeSean, Garcon.
DeSean you POS you were supposed to sign with us
  • buck
  • Veteran

If you have no clue about what happened, how can you determine that what we did made no sense.

Originally posted by crabman82:

a lot of the time its about money, but also opportunity. its very possible he wasnt interested in being 3rd fiddle at wr and maybe even 4th fiddle when you throw in davis. desean jackson is a great player, he could have looked at us and said thats a good team but we cant play with 3 footballs on every play. as far as the div goes, its like this every offseason the teams beneath us got better and we maybe didnt. then we go play football and beat them. if they really got better, great, seattle got to play them too.

He'd be the best WR on our roster...and these guys are extremely confident in their abilities. Unless the coaching staff tells them that there is little chance for them to crack the starting line-up - they believe in themselves. I doubt DeSean thinks that Boldin is better than him or even Crabtree who I love btw. I doubt he feels that those guys will keep him off the field.

My point is very simple - the position we are in - we needed to be bold. Seattle did that. Ravens did that. Pats and Denver did that this off-season. And it's not like his deal would have put us in a cap hell. That is the whole of being in a good cap situation - so you can take advantage of such moments. You don't find these kind of guys in FA every season at this price-tag. We missed out - and since, we made the last ditch effort - it's kind of obvious. Nothing wrong with pointing it out. Baalke has been as good as you can be in this business - but everyone makes a mistake and IMO not going hard after him was a mistake.
Redskins are going to be exciting to watch next season