There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

Washington won't win their division - won't make playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Washington won't win their division - won't make playoffs.
agree, its still the weakest division around
good for DJax. gets paid and gets to play the Iggles twice a year.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by nj9er:
Not too upset we didn't get him for the 2nd time (Balmer face palm). It seems like we pushed harder for WR in FA than for cornerback.Talib, Revis or DRC were never really mentioned considering they got similar money to DJax. It's curious since we already have 2 quality WR and one good corner. I have to believe the WR in this draft that we like maybe out of our reach and after Watkins or Evans they aren't sold on this class for WR. Maybe they really like this class for CB. From what I hear we pushed for 3 or 4 WR since October and one CB. I think FO maybe hoping Evans falls to a spot they are willing to trade up to.

Very true. Or it could be a sign that they think negotiating with Crabtree back will be an issue. After the stunts he pulled negotiating his rookie deal. So you go out and push for Desean and if you got him then you have major leverage over Crabtree and can afford to let him walk b/c you already have his replacement. Or maybe they were just pushing for a dynamic player that would open this offense up. Hopefully they find that guy in the draft. I'm sure you can never be sold on any of these draft prospects til you get them in coach them up and see them perform. They might have wanted a proven commodity b/c they are in win now mode. Probably a combo of everything.

I agree Crabtree wants his next big deal otherwise like Staley, Willis, VD etc he would have had an extension last season. I think priority is to sign Kap for 5 or 6 years, let Iupati walk, I think Aldon we can exercise a 5th year option but I'm not sure and Franchise Crabtree depending on next season. Trade up grab our WR now and in 2 years let Crab walk and Boldin retire.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
So according to Richard Sherman Philadelphia is racist for cutting Jackson and extending Riley.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338901/article/richard-sherman-why-was-cooper-kept-jackson-cut
am shocked that a*****e reverse racist stephen smith did not start this up on day one that jackson got cut.
So according to Richard Sherman Philadelphia is racist for cutting Jackson and extending Riley.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338901/article/richard-sherman-why-was-cooper-kept-jackson-cut

I hate to agree with Sherman, but I kind of agree with him on this one. Cutting D-Jax for "possible gang ties" or what not isnt a good reason. If it was to do with big contract, bad personality, bad locker room guy then fine. And no punishment for COoper + new contract doesnt really send the right message either. Although he played his way into a new contract this past season. This was an easy topic for Sherman to Bit$h about.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I hate to agree with Sherman, but I kind of agree with him on this one. Cutting D-Jax for "possible gang ties" or what not isnt a good reason. If it was to do with big contract, bad personality, bad locker room guy then fine. And no punishment for COoper + new contract doesnt really send the right message either. Although he played his way into a new contract this past season. This was an easy topic for Sherman to Bit$h about.

Do you really think this had to do with alleged gang ties?

Jackson has been a cancer since he entered the league. He lobbied against the will of the coach almost habitually. He was constantly unhappy despite the fact he was making top 10 money. His own teammates took to twitter to express their joy when he left.

"Ding dong the witch is dead"

Cooper said a single word. A word that I hear 500 times during every game. It was at a rock concert during the offseason. It's in no way comparable to the degenerative personality Jackson was to that locker room.

I'm not justifying what Cooper did or trying to absolve but notice how generally the locker room supported Cooper after his blunder.

Notice people rejoiced when Jackson left.

Justice was served and a bad teammate was cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Jackson has been a cancer since he entered the league. He lobbied against the will of the coach almost habitually. He was constantly unhappy despite the fact he was making top 10 money. His own teammates took to twitter to express their joy when he left.

Cooper said a single word. A word that I hear 500 times during every game. It was at a rock concert during the offseason. It's in no way comparable to the degenerative personality Jackson was to that locker room.

I'm not justifying what Cooper did or trying to absolve but notice how generally the locker room supported Cooper after his blunder.

eon said nothing wrong. why would you even want him anywhere close to our locker room,
Originally posted by cciowa:

eon said nothing wrong. why would you even want him anywhere close to our locker room,

Well said. Exactly why i dont understand why ppl wanted him here. Of course he is talented, but so are others around the league, currently on our team, and in the draft. There is a reason guys like TO went from team to team each year. He would put up sick stats, yet his teams never won anything and were always willing to cut ties with him. Although in his defence he never broke the law or anything of that nature.

There is no point in drafting WRs like Patton if your plan is to bury him on the depth chart. I want to see 4 wide (Crab, Boldin, Patton, V.Davis) and Kaep to find the mismatch, run the ball if defence allows it, or have Kaep run himself. I want the hurry up some drives too preventing teams from substituting and forcing them into calling Time outs (But mainly to prevent us from the 15 delay of game penalties each game and 4/6 Time Outs wasted on this).
I think Jackson was cut because the coaches didn't like him. Let's face it, he's always been a bit of a dick. He's obviously a play-maker, but he's also a pain in the keester. He's all about the money and that's fine, but I agree that he's also a bad team mate. And what better place for him to go than a classy organization like Washington that aggressively hangs on to one of the most despicable racial slurs in American society as its team name.
[ Edited by crake49 on Apr 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

Could be.

Could also be them cutting a wr that had a great year in a system, where you could feature other folks.
will get hurt in week 2-3 watch lol
at 8 million per year.. its okay.. we have 11 draft picks.. if we trade up few times we can get a quality Corner and Receiver.. we don't need to be signing free agents for millions and have our draft picks sit on the bench.. plus next offseason we must have some cash for Colin and Crabtree!!
Originally posted by cciowa:

am shocked that a*****e reverse racist stephen smith did not start this up on day one that jackson got cut.

Oh GOSH . Sheman playing the race card makes me hate him even more now. Gang ties are just a tad more serious than an idiot using a racial slur. You can argue all you want about whether or not Jackson really does have an affiliation to gang members, but if he does than that is far more serious than dude being racist. Being connected to a murderer is more concerning than a guy being a drunk racist.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Oh GOSH . Sheman playing the race card makes me hate him even more now. Gang ties are just a tad more serious than an idiot using a racial slur. You can argue all you want about whether or not Jackson really does have an affiliation to gang members, but if he does than that is far more serious than dude being racist. Being connected to a murderer is more concerning than a guy being a drunk racist.
when he retires i am sure he can find a job on msnbc