There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

They should go all in like the Broncos did. There will simply be no more excuse if Kaepernick doesn't excel. We will probably lose Crabtree next years anyways, I'd be satisfied with Desean as his replacement.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think more than the money, there's a character issue, too. Harbaalke would have to be convinced he's a team guy not a "me" guy.

Not a team guy.... He's a major diva.
Over paid, greedy, twerp that won't ever match last years production. No thanks.
Oh come on. Like he fits our budget.
I'm surprised that Carolina or Oakland isn't all over this. He'd be a great fit for the Panthers; him and Cam can hold each other and cry after they go 7-9 next year.
If you saw Matt Maiocco's article WRT there being cap space for Kap, it could come down to a DJ vs Crabtree decision for Baalke. IMHO, it's not even a close decision...you keep Crabtree. The connection he and Kap have is special and as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
dooo itttttt
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If you saw Matt Maiocco's article WRT there being cap space for Kap, it could come down to a DJ vs Crabtree decision for Baalke. IMHO, it's not even a close decision...you keep Crabtree. The connection he and Kap have is special and as the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That's an easy decision
Originally posted by baltien:
I'm surprised that Carolina or Oakland isn't all over this. He'd be a great fit for the Panthers; him and Cam can hold each other and cry after they go 7-9 next year.

All the receivers currently on the Panthers have a combined 5 career catches lol
Facts are is desaun could come in and get us over the hump. Drafting cooks Herron or archer is and always will be a maybe. Dj is already proven. And yes fo could make it happen. We can't rely on the future... it can't always be long stretches like the 80's and 90's. We have to go for the sb now!
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by fan49:
Facts are is desaun could come in and get us over the hump. Drafting cooks Herron or archer is and always will be a maybe. Dj is already proven. And yes fo could make it happen. We can't rely on the future... it can't always be long stretches like the 80's and 90's. We have to go for the sb now!

And the fact is also that he's due to make 10M+ and we have 3M+ of cap space without signing draftees...
The thread title should read: "Desean Jackson and $10.5 salary for a 3rd?"

Now knowing that we only have $3.6 million over the cap (with $6 million more coming after June 1st from cutting ties with Carlos Rogers), and need to extend Colin Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, and MAYBE Iupati, it just doesn't add up.


Keep moving folks, nothing to see here.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
And the fact is also that he's due to make 10M+ and we have 3M+ of cap space without signing draftees...

And 6 more open in june. Like I said fo could make it happen. And if everyone stays healthy. It be kaeps responsibility to win it.
its not about having huge receivers, its about having the right routes and the right people running them to get open. desean is fast, has good hands and runs good routes. point is the dude gets open. our routes on offense arent that great tho. i think the problem is more about our offense than the receivers. you rarely see any double moves like most teams run. we hit slants, hooks and streaks all day most of the time. gotta get more creative. desean would help out a lot and be a major threat but not at the expense of losing other key players
Not gonna happen. Move on ladies and gentlemen.