There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Errrthang Desean Jackson Thread

I'm in!
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Mar 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
Didn't think we can afford him.. Doesn't he count like $10 mil against the cap?
Never going to happen Per sources
wrong forum.
Originally posted by stunder49:
Never going to happen Per sources


What sources?

According to...

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/source-eagles-want-least-3rd-round-pick-desean-jackson

...they at least investigated the possibility.

Probably a pipedream, but curious what his contract looks like right now.
Everyone might as well just get used to the fact that the Niners are going to be drafting receivers. This is not Madden. This is the real world. And in the real world, the Niners are lucky that this draft is one of the deepest in years in the two positions they most need - receiver and corner.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Didn't think we can afford him.. Doesn't he count like $10 mil against the cap?

That is what I was thinking
Originally posted by Marvin49:
What sources?

According to...

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/source-eagles-want-least-3rd-round-pick-desean-jackson

...they at least investigated the possibility.

Probably a pipedream, but curious what his contract looks like right now.

As any responsible front office would do. Contrary to what some believe around here, they are always looking to improve, always looking to upgrade, don't think that it will go very far but they definitely are doing work out there.
I don't think we can aford him...we are only like 3 mill under the cap...he is due to make like 10 mill
Originally posted by crake49:
Everyone might as well just get used to the fact that the Niners are going to be drafting receivers. This is not Madden. This is the real world. And in the real world, the Niners are lucky that this draft is one of the deepest in years in the two positions they most need - receiver and corner.

Real world is about winning now. Willis, Gore, Davis, Staley, Boldin and Crabtee know this and the Coaching staff.

Chances is are the cap will rise about 20mil next season which will give enough room to keep major players.
If you could swap Crabtree for Desean would you do it ? That's probably what this may come down to.
Boldin is really playing on a 1 year deal. So next year you got Crabtree as a FA and Boldin out with a bunch of 2nd year receivers that got little playing time. I doubt Djax signs but the idea exploring the option should bring some type of realism that Crabs may not be back.
He is a pint size receiver. We need a big body receiver to compete with the hawks oversized DB's
According to the report The 49ers called the Eagles, so the 49ers obviously have some sort of plan(restructures or trading other players to the Eagles) to fit Desean under the cap. If the 49ers could make it happen id be all for it. Deep threat and dangerous PR.
Originally posted by valrod33:
According to the report The 49ers called the Eagles, so the 49ers obviously have some sort of plan(restructures or trading other players to the Eagles) to fit Desean under the cap. If the 49ers could make it happen id be all for it. Deep threat and dangerous PR.


Correct.

Also, the Niners get 6.6 mil more on June 1st....Carlos Rogers was designated post June 1st cut so they don't get the space till then.

Frank is still counting 6 mil on the cap and would probably be asked to take a pay cut. What I don't know is how much Jackson counts against the cap this year.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by NJNiner:
He is a pint size receiver. We need a big body receiver to compete with the hawks oversized DB's

You game plan for 1 team or for the whole season ?