LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Cam Newton to have ankle surgery

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Likely to miss most or all of OTAs. Back by camp RT @josephperson: Panthers confirm Cam Newton having ankle surgery tomorrow in Charlotte.
He got injured on the Flop
...not so super.
Not good at all considering he us going to have an all new WR crew coming in this season.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Well, he did want to be Cam's mom's favorite player
Reportedly he injured it during Panthers essentially division-winning game at home vs. Saints. According to head trainer "The ankle was sore after the San Francisco game" (divisional playoff). That sort of explains why he looked his normal self on the beautiful TD pass to Smith and then dropped off the rest of the game. They both looked good for almost the 1st qtr and then played about 70% healthy after that. Cam is not concerned about the surgery as recovery will take about 4 months, but still it's like their offense is going to s**t all at once. He'll be ready for TC but you know little injuries like this can be nagging and the guy isn't 100% for a while after he's ready to go full speed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it pleases me when we hurt opposing players
His ankle was drained from all that simpin.
Anyone else think that Carolina is going back to mediocrity? I don't know their salary cap situation, but it seems they took two steps back this offseason. There is always the draft and it is very deep in receivers. But they are a team that is supposed to be making a Super Bowl run. Not the time that you want to give your QB two rookies or guys he has no chemistry with as starters.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Anyone else think that Carolina is going back to mediocrity? I don't know their salary cap situation, but it seems they took two steps back this offseason. There is always the draft and it is very deep in receivers. But they are a team that is supposed to be making a Super Bowl run. Not the time that you want to give your QB two rookies or guys he has no chemistry with as starters.

Their D kept them in every game except maybe a couple which were all fairly close going down to the wire and the offense made a few big plays that were clutch here and there. Almost identical to the way our team was in 2011. It seems like they caught lightning in a bottle for one season but I don't see them sustaining the type of consistent winning that we've had for the past 3 years. They've got Kuechley, T Davis and Hardy on defense but not much else. Statistically there passing offense was slightly better than ours last year but now it's going to be at least second to last if not worse. Carolina just has nowhere near the roster depth of the Niners. They'll be fortunate to finish 9–7.
I did pick Carolina to be a Wild Card last year and they one-upped that prediction... but wow they have not had a good offseason.

I guess Cam is gonna spend the summer "Icing up"
Their off-season has been abysmal.
2013 Panthers = One Hit Wonders
Share 49ersWebzone