There are 206 users in the forums

Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DUI

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'm not sure what i was getting at. I was hammered and zoning.

I love that answer.
Jim Irsay, the Donald Sterling of the NFL. I bet the shirt got him some action in jail

I think his punishment will be all cosmetic.

All show and no go.

If so, look for the players union to lash back at "excessive" punishment/fines for players transgressions.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chris Pika ‏@BlogAndTackle

Colts owner Jim Irsay is suspended through Oct. 9. The NFL Fall Meetings are scheduled for Oct. 7-8 in NYC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer

Per suspension, Irsay not allowed at team facility, games, practices. No media interviews or social media, either. Can return Oct. 9.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Full release in Jim Irsay suspension:

Following his plea of guilty to one misdemeanor count of driving while impaired, Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay has been suspended for the team's first six regular-season games and fined $500,000 for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy, the NFL announced today. Mr. Irsay will be eligible to return following the Colts' game against the Houston Texans on October 9.

Terms of the suspension imposed by Commissioner Roger Goodell include the following:

- During the suspension, which takes effect at 5 p.m. ET tomorrow, Mr. Irsay may not be present at the club's facility, may not attend any practices or games, may not represent the club at league or league committee meetings or at any other team or league event, and may not conduct media interviews or engage in social media regarding any team or league matters.

- In addition, Mr. Irsay is fined $500,000, the maximum permitted under league rules.

- Mr. Irsay will be subject to ongoing treatment, counseling, and testing as determined by medical professionals and the Indiana court.

Commissioner Goodell noted that no draft choice forfeiture or other competitive sanction will be assessed because the conduct did not have competitive consequences.

In a letter to Mr. Irsay, Commissioner Goodell said, "I have stated on numerous occasions that owners, management personnel and coaches must be held to a higher standard than players. We discussed this during our meeting and you expressed your support for that view, volunteering that owners should be held to the highest standard."
Oh wow he can't go to the first 6 games. How will Indy avoid an 0-6 start?
He only got 6 games but Aldon got 9 Gooddell is so full of s**t.
This is b******t! He should be held to a higher standard and should be fined the amount he would have made during the time missed just like a player would!
You would think that f**kface would come down harder on ownership lol

Thought he would get more, but we are dealing with Roger here.
How can the Colts win with a back up owner sitting in his suite?
At least his players will benefit from his absence...but should the team benefit from his mistakes? Perhaps they should have to forfeit six games...JK.
Share 49ersWebzone