LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. signs with the Arizona Cardinals

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
3 years, $9.75 million.

Looks like a nice trio with Fitz, Floyd, and Ginn. And with Andre Ellington showing some development at RB, they're a QB away from looking real scary.

*Oops, my bad, just saw the "Bring back Ginn (with an update) thread*
[ Edited by TJA85 on Mar 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by TJA85:
3 years, $9.75 million.

Looks like a nice trio with Fitz, Floyd, and Ginn. And with Andre Ellington showing some development at RB, they're a QB away from looking real scary.

Most teams are a QB away from being scary though. That part is really hard to get.
Originally posted by Niners99:
3 years, $9.75 million.

Most teams are a QB away from being scary though. That part is really hard to get.

REALLY? could've fooled me.... reading that Kap thread, we should let him play out his last year...and if he leaves, Jim will mold a new QB out of Rice-A-Roni.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
3 years, $9.75 million.

REALLY? could've fooled me.... reading that Kap thread, we should let him play out his last year...and if he leaves, Jim will mold a new QB out of Rice-A-Roni.

PLaying out his last year isn't a horrible idea (that doesn't mean I'm in favor of not extending him)...and yes, Jim probably could :)
Watching NFL network Mooch mentioned that CJ2K may go to Cards.

That'd give them a dangerous backfield.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I'm not really worried about CJ2K at all...SF's defense eats up backs like him. Bruisers, on the other hand, tend to have success against the front seven.

That said, I think the Cardinals are making some very smart moves and might be dangerous. Their receivers could make Palmer look like a hall of famer. This division is legit.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

I'm not really worried about CJ2K at all...SF's defense eats up backs like him. Bruisers, on the other hand, tend to have success against the front seven.

That said, I think the Cardinals are making some very smart moves and might be dangerous. Their receivers could make Palmer look like a hall of famer. This division is legit.

CJ2K is dangerous in space against anyone. He showed that against us last season
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM ]
Who is Cam Newton going to throw to this year? LaFell signed with NE, Ginn to Arizona and of course Steve Smith is in Baltimore.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Who is Cam Newton going to throw to this year? LaFell signed with NE, Ginn to Arizona and of course Steve Smith is in Baltimore.

that is why Ballke need s to move up in the draft for a reciever especially move up above the Panthers
Why would any third or fourth receiver sign with the 49ers. In a league where you are paid by number of receptions and YAC how much activity will a pass catcher in this offense see.

I guess the panthers were not that impressed with Ginn to just let him walk!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

The opposing team's DBs

seriously that's what I was thinking...his three top wide receivers are gone and so is the 4th WR hixon. Carolina is blowing it big in FA. They better hurry up throw some money around to james jones. They are probably going to use their first two picks on WRs which will be bad news for us
This is non news.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

CJ2K is dangerous in space against anyone. He showed that against us last season

Ehh I disagree. His score and the majority of his yards came on one busted defensive play (largely the result of great down-field blocking). Aside from that score, he carried the rock to the tune of 9 carries for 39 yards...
Share 49ersWebzone