LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree. People remember the two sacks near the end, but otherwise Martin was solid and held up well. For a backup he's done a solid job.

he was never invited to the nfl to have "backup" status. 2nd rd pick; expected to be a good starter. need to have an high standard when judging martin.
Originally posted by xcfan:
he was never invited to the nfl to have "backup" status. 2nd rd pick; expected to be a good starter. need to have an high standard when judging martin.
That's cool but we got him for the following years 7th!
Only on a fans favorite team website can a guy get no push in the running game and give up 2 sacks and it's deemed an ok game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by lamontb:
Only on a fans favorite team website can a guy get no push in the running game and give up 2 sacks and it's deemed an ok game.

He's excelling though, lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by xcfan:
That's cool but we got him for the following years 7th!

And that's the point. It is what you paid for your car that matters, not what the guy who had it before you paid. We paid a 7th although I think it escalates into a 6th under certain conditions. Hell of a deal for us.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Again i dont think Martin played all that bad honestly. If you re-watch his sacks that he gave up, Kaepernick held onto the ball too long.

I agree. People remember the two sacks near the end, but otherwise Martin was solid and held up well. For a backup he's done a solid job.

I was swearing and yelling like crazy saying "Kap throw the f**king ball!!!!!!!", Kap needs to do a better job at recognizing or sensing pressure I think his O-lineman would appreciate that. But honestly, Jonathan Martin has exceeded my expectations by a mile, I was expecting Kwame Harris 2.0. I will say this though, I hope they keep Martin on the right side of the O-line whether it be Guard or Tackle he seems to be excelling there.

Exactly.
Originally posted by English:
And that's the point. It is what you paid for your car that matters, not what the guy who had it before you paid. We paid a 7th although I think it escalates into a 6th under certain conditions. Hell of a deal for us.
For what we've invested in him we've got a bargain being that he hasn't gotten Kap killed yet and has held up through two contests. Yes Davis is noticeably better but we are getting by so far and should be 2-0 right now. Remember that Martin has battled back from mono so he is still ascending in our weight program. I expect a better Jonathan Martin next season after he has worked himself into both a better player and in better shape. Let's be optimistic guys but so far he has exceeded my expectations just by making the team and now capably starting
Again i dont think Martin played all that bad honestly. If you re-watch his sacks that he gave up, Kaepernick held onto the ball too long.

I was swearing and yelling like crazy saying "Kap throw the f**king ball!!!!!!!", Kap needs to do a better job at recognizing or sensing pressure I think his O-lineman would appreciate that. But honestly, Jonathan Martin has exceeded my expectations by a mile, I was expecting Kwame Harris 2.0. I will say this though, I hope they keep Martin on the right side of the O-line whether it be Guard or Tackle he seems to be excelling there.

When the hell is Anthony Davis coming back? Wtf!
Originally posted by susweel:

Right
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This is a good question. There is essentially no info on A. Davis.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This is a good question. There is essentially no info on A. Davis.

Dude said he would be ready for season opener. Full of s**t.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Gettn' paid....to sit on his ass.
Share 49ersWebzone