There are 134 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Don't know bout that.. the kid played very very well, aside for giving up those 2 sacks.. that happened because the DE knew we were gonna throw the ball and Kap just held on to the ball too long..
What? A cardboard cut-out of him would have blocked just as good. Aside from 2 sacks? That is like saying Kap played well except for 4 turnovers.
Martin is f**kin suck and gave up when guys sack to kap. Boo Martin..
Originally posted by susweel:
He is who we thought he was.

Ughhhh. I like watching it, I don't like watching it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Was on his stomach and ass all game long

LOL!
Martin sucks, but i don't necessarily wanna see Anthony Davis back.............ever!
Originally posted by susweel:
He is who we thought he was.

It's funny, because you could say that for Aldon too. We miss him badly. Can't replace an elite pass-rusher.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Martin is f**kin suck and gave up when guys sack to kap. Boo Martin..

• Rascal
  • Veteran
The dude is soft plain and simple. Let's get Anthony Davis back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Again i dont think Martin played all that bad honestly. If you re-watch his sacks that he gave up, Kaepernick held onto the ball too long.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Again i dont think Martin played all that bad honestly. If you re-watch his sacks that he gave up, Kaepernick held onto the ball too long.

No he didn't and he faced their best speed rusher all game. The two sacks stick out in everyone's mind but in both cases, CK had 3 seconds to throw and didn't. So that's just as much on him (and the intermediate passing game). He fights hard in the run game too. I believe the ranking of OL play was (best to worst): Kilgore, Iupati, Martin, Staley and Boone.

Originally posted by NCommand:

No he didn't and he faced their best speed rusher all game. The two sacks stick out in everyone's mind but in both cases, CK had 3 seconds to throw and didn't. So that's just as much on him (and the intermediate passing game). He fights hard in the run game too. I believe the ranking of OL play was (best to worst): Kilgore, Iupati, Martin, Staley and Boone.

This. So far, I've liked Martin's play and if he can play snaps at guard, then this will be a great trade for us. Honestly, it already is.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:

This. So far, I've liked Martin's play and if he can play snaps at guard, then this will be a great trade for us. Honestly, it already is.

Agree.

Martin played very well in his first start, good in his 2nd start and he's back-up!

Boone's missing camp really showed up.

Also - Kilgore has taken ownership of the position and good for him.

I agree. People remember the two sacks near the end, but otherwise Martin was solid and held up well. For a backup he's done a solid job.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I agree. People remember the two sacks near the end, but otherwise Martin was solid and held up well. For a backup he's done a solid job.

I was swearing and yelling like crazy saying "Kap throw the f**king ball!!!!!!!", Kap needs to do a better job at recognizing or sensing pressure I think his O-lineman would appreciate that. But honestly, Jonathan Martin has exceeded my expectations by a mile, I was expecting Kwame Harris 2.0. I will say this though, I hope they keep Martin on the right side of the O-line whether it be Guard or Tackle he seems to be excelling there.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
The dude is soft plain and simple. Let's get Anthony Davis back.

yep.
Share 49ersWebzone