LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm sure the mono set him back, but sometimes tough luck is what happens to these players and they have to overcome obstacles to make the team. In the end, you simply have to put the best players out there on the field and the best 53 will make this team.

Right now, it honestly seems to me like Martin is on the outside looking in, in that aspect. It's early, but Snyder and Bykowski seem to have the edge.
This guy is starting to piss me off. Hold your own dammit
Yeah every report I read he is getting owned. Mostly by 3rd team linemen.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
He better not get Kap Killed out there during preseason if not i'll personally call Richie to come whoop his a$$

He would never be in at the same time as Kaep. Not even for a single snap lol. Not even for a kneel down at the end of a game. I'd put Martin out there with the 2nd/3rd team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

This
Originally posted by susweel:

This

Maybe he needs some tough love. Oh. wait.
The Niners just made a huge investment in Kap. There is no way Martin is making this team unless he starts playing much better.

I'm not surprised that he's been getting his ass kicked. I thought the Miami situation was bs and made him look weak.
It's not that JM sucks it's just that Okoye is that damn good!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I hope so.

I hope so.

But he's barely a football player. Martins technique should be good enough to neutralize whatever strength advantage Okoye has.

Everyone looks damn good going against Martin.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see

it sounds crazy but
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Guys were told to toughen him up / bullied him so, JM quits football... Harbs decides to take him in to see what can be done with this guy...

Did he get mono from kissing someone (rumor has it, it's Michael Sam)? Nobody knows! This guys has done more sucking (no pun intended) than any good. Bullying didn't help, being nice isn't helping, what gives.?

I hope the guy gets stronger and finally figures it out before he gets cut... that's a lot of wishful thinking, but we'll have to wait and see

it sounds crazy but

Whoa! I think it's the mono. But you can get mono from anyone who has it - boy or girl.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

it sounds crazy but

Whoa! I think it's the mono. But you can get mono from anyone who has it - boy or girl.

Oh I know, Giedi... I was just going by "rumor has it".... I don't believe it, but if it were true, I wouldn't be upset or anything. It would be his prerogative and nothing else matters. He and MS can even do the whole cake deal if they wanted to and I wouldn't even trip
My sources confirm Jonathan Martin is INDEED The Snuggle Bear, this is what he does in the off season.

Share 49ersWebzone