There are 201 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Mike Solari will have Martin ready to rumble when the time comes ...I have faith in our coaching staff to prepare the team and put the best unit out on the field , Martin being a former 1st rounder should be ready to answer the bell

I think Martin is one of our gambles that probably won't pay off. I think he lacks the requisite mental toughness to make it. Making it in the NFL is all about how you handle adversity, on the field and off it. Some people just don't respond well to negative pressure (aka adversity)....Martin strikes me as one of those.

He's worth the gamble....but I don't think he'll work out for us.

personally I think signing Martin is a steal , that dysfunctional circus in Miami would have drove anybody bats**t , especially when the higher ups in the franchise were letting the lunatics run the asylum , I for one wont judge him due to that unfortunate incident, when the odds are against you, and people call you weak because you had enough of being treated like s**t, there is a fine line between locker room culture and straight up lunacy, Martin is a 1st round talent, and landing with us is the best thing that could have happened to him
I'm hoping he can make Adam Snyder expendable as a swing tackle
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

yeah I'm thinking Snyder wont make the final cut with Martin on the roster , plus we will probably draft another offensive lineman , I'm thinking a center to groom for future action
It's being talked about a lot today on ESPN that Jonathan Martin tweeted "C'mon Bruh. Drink a gatorade and get out here" in response to Lebron's cramps. He then deleted the tweet. Think anything will come of this?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Snyder sucks ballz
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
It's being talked about a lot today on ESPN that Jonathan Martin tweeted "C'mon Bruh. Drink a gatorade and get out here" in response to Lebron's cramps. He then deleted the tweet. Think anything will come of this?

So the bullied is now bullying another.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Which is exactly why a bigger deal is being made of this
Originally posted by fropwns:

Which is exactly why a bigger deal is being made of this

He's got a lot of nerve.
J Martin is someone i will really be watching. Talk about the value if he could actually bring if he could become our new swing tackle. He could possily make this team with his upside and make us look like even bigger geniuses
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jun 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM ]

No because there was probably a whole lot worse tweets about Lebron wussing out.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Some good, some bad, I'm just happy that Aldon Smith is a 49er.
Not going to prejudge Martin. If JH knows him from Stanford and wanted him that's all I need to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he bombs...so be it! Hope he makes Snyder expendable and pushes Staley and Davis.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
There will be injuries. Teams seldom go through the season with their O line intact. Also possible holdouts or off field issues.
[ Edited by ethan on Jun 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
people who dont like jonathan martin on the team because hes "too soft" are probably just insecure because they still wet the bed as adults

And people who post offensive posts about other posters generally, when they hold differing viewpoints, are likely to end up on the wrong side of the mods.

Not sure if it's true, but rumor has it that they (people who post offensive posts about other posters) often have an urge to use butt plugs and were hoping for Michael Sam to be drafted by the 49ers... don't quote me doe, that's just what I heard
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I hope they let Brooks, Aldon and all the d-linemen have one on one sessions with JM all through camp. He'd have to develop into something competent/good after that... wouldn't he?
Share 49ersWebzone