There are 151 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
seahawks get a stud like jared allen, we get this pansy.

they gonna win another super bowl while baalke and jim cat fight with each other.
ahh, i just do not have the energy

next move will be to draft Sam and it will officially be the most embarrassing off season of all time.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
lol cmon cc, you know not to take chaz or sus seriously
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
lol cmon cc, you know not to take chaz or sus seriously

agree in regards to sus,, but for gods sake chaz openly lobbies for little ass kicker to die on walking dead. what can you do with someone like that?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
next move will be to draft Sam and it will officially be the most embarrassing off season of all time.

the year we locked up the water bottles was kind of bad
Originally posted by cciowa:
one has nothing to do with the other. I understand the art of cherry picking clips here on the zone in order to lamely attempt to justify your hate for a player who has never given you a reason to hate him in a niner uniform,, but if you showed highlight clips of every offensive lineman aldon has abused in his young career, you would crash the server. i was also not aware that allen had signed with seattle.

Chaz and Sus know this. Their just love trolling their own.
saw him strolling in N. Beach last saturday lol
If he went to Stanford you'd think he's relatively smart.

He has to understand there aren't a lot of opportunities left for him in the NFL.

I'd lay odds he comes into camp in excellent shape and a new attitude.

I'm sure he's been talking to JH and is getting beaucoup pep talks to get his head on right.

Looking forward to see what happens.
Any updates on Martin? Is he doing anything to be in better shape for the season? Not real optimistic about him, but hope that he can manage to help somehow. Is he a candidate to move over to the interior as a potential plan B/C if the team can't fit Iupati under the Cap?
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
seahawks get a stud like jared allen, we get this pansy.

We just need to toughen him up. If Harbaugh was smart he'd bring in Incognito just to hang out in the locker room. Or maybe bring you in? ChazBoner! Give that sissy a good dose of MAN. They could pay a bunch of us fans to put Martin in a potato sack and beat him with wiffle ball bats. Maybe shoot spit wads at him in training camp as he studies the play book. Giv'em a wedgie and hang him from a tree by his underpants. Bengay in the jockstrap type stuff. Maybe waterboard the guy before games.

:)
Mike Solari will have Martin ready to rumble when the time comes ...I have faith in our coaching staff to prepare the team and put the best unit out on the field , Martin being a former 1st rounder should be ready to answer the bell

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Mike Solari will have Martin ready to rumble when the time comes ...I have faith in our coaching staff to prepare the team and put the best unit out on the field , Martin being a former 1st rounder should be ready to answer the bell

I think Martin is one of our gambles that probably won't pay off. I think he lacks the requisite mental toughness to make it. Making it in the NFL is all about how you handle adversity, on the field and off it. Some people just don't respond well to negative pressure (aka adversity)....Martin strikes me as one of those.

He's worth the gamble....but I don't think he'll work out for us.
Originally posted by kray28:

I think Martin is one of our gambles that probably won't pay off. I think he lacks the requisite mental toughness to make it. Making it in the NFL is all about how you handle adversity, on the field and off it. Some people just don't respond well to negative pressure (aka adversity)....Martin strikes me as one of those.

I agree. Soft on the field and off it. Not sure how much coaching will help but that's why it's a gamble; hopefully it works in our favor but I doubt it.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on May 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM ]
people who dont like jonathan martin on the team because hes "too soft" are probably just insecure because they still wet the bed as adults
Originally posted by lucky_49:
people who dont like jonathan martin on the team because hes "too soft" are probably just insecure because they still wet the bed as adults

And people who post offensive posts about other posters generally, when they hold differing viewpoints, are likely to end up on the wrong side of the mods.
Originally posted by kray28:

personally I think signing Martin is a steal , that dysfunctional circus in Miami would have drove anybody bats**t , especially when the higher ups in the franchise were letting the lunatics run the asylum , I for one wont judge him due to that unfortunate incident, when the odds are against you, and people call you weak because you had enough of being treated like s**t, there is a fine line between locker room culture and straight up lunacy, Martin is a 1st round talent, and landing with us is the best thing that could have happened to him
Share 49ersWebzone