LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

49ers release Jonathan Martin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s For former Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin, SF traded a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2015 if he's on 49ers' opening 53-man roster.

Wow! It may well been A bag of peanuts. You can tell they just wanted this guy out of there so they can get this whole fiasco behind them
Martin is a bit of a project like Gabbert but it could payoff.
webzone saw this coming all the way! Great value...Harbaugh likes this kid and thinks very highly of him. I was a fan of him at Stanford and lets hope that the bullying was true and it somehow affected his ability in the NFL.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by HellaBombs:
@ChrisCulliver:

Welcome Jonathan Martin #FirstTeamAllSweetStuff

Has to be fake.

This is his account:
https://twitter.com/Cullyinthehouse
@ChrisCulliver:

Cmon the least you can do is get his twitter handle right.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Snyder, Martin, Looney, Marquardt, Seymour, Bykowski

Synder could be cut to save money if Seymour looks good. Martin will probably restructure but if not he has like 500 in dead money both years so he probably doesn't get cut. Snyder has 250k and would save over a mil.

I'd be fine with Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Snyder, Martin, Looney, Marquardt if we go 9. If we go 8 Marquardt or Snyder would be gone. Either way guys our OL depth this year looks a hell of a lot better than last year.

Martin doesn't need to restructure he's making next to nothing
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Damn, LMJ might even be able to bully this softy

.....and everyone wants to suck Incognito off for being so good. Aldon is just a freak of nature, doubt there's many OL's that can consistently contain him 1 on 1.

Aldon would bully Richie Noncocnito
Who''s gonna make the Jonathan Martin Mack Truck of awesomeness thread
Originally posted by NinerGM:
@ChrisCulliver:

Has to be fake.

This is his account:
https://twitter.com/Cullyinthehouse
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Needed to bring a little potato to the boards today. Seriously though, these are some nice savvy front office moves. This FO knows what it is doing.

LOL, we're all stocked up on potato here as you can see. Check back in a week.

I can see that. Nothing new. Every off season is a tragedy.

The way i see it is these pickups are really freeing us up in the draft to go BPA. These should be really exciting moves for anyone following this years draft. Depth at QB, OL, and a starting S were all needs at the top of the priority list. With those needs filled, it frees a lot of options in this years draft. It appears CB and WR depth are the two remaining glaring holes. We can really go after BPA. While its still a possibility and likely that we draft a player or two at the positions that we filled today, we wont be forced to reach for really any position.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
@ChrisCulliver:

I laffed
Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Snyder, Martin, Looney, Marquardt, Seymour, Bykowski

Synder could be cut to save money if Seymour looks good. Martin will probably restructure but if not he has like 500 in dead money both years so he probably doesn't get cut. Snyder has 250k and would save over a mil.

I'd be fine with Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Snyder, Martin, Looney, Marquardt if we go 9. If we go 8 Marquardt or Snyder would be gone. Either way guys our OL depth this year looks a hell of a lot better than last year.

that is what I was thinking cutting synder maybe to save room but I am sure that martin, synder, and looney will be competing for backup spots. Maybe martin can gain more weight and move inside because he wasn't very good on the outside. I am sure he still has nightmares of Aldon running over him
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Who''s gonna make the Jonathan Martin Mack Truck of awesomeness thread

No... his thread should be called "Incognito Hearts Martin"
Damn, LMJ might even be able to bully this softy

.....and everyone wants to suck Incognito off for being so good. Aldon is just a freak of nature, doubt there's many OL's that can consistently contain him 1 on 1.

Aldon would bully Richie Noncocnito

Lol. Our pass rush is so sick. Hopefully Aldon keeps his head out of his ass because Tank and Lemonier are going to be eating.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We upgraded at strong safety, probably at backup QB, and got a backup OT/OG with starting experience and still plenty of potential.

Today was a good day.

Share 49ersWebzone